The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What is your personal favorite underrated perk?

I'll start with mine. Thrilling tremors.

I just love this perk. I think, in my own personal opinion, it provides more impactful information than BBQ and Chilli.

Seeing what generators are being worked on AND having all inactive generators be blocked just works to well.

So, what are your perks that you really like?

Comments

• Skydiverextrm8
    Skydiverextrm8 Member Posts: 10

Thrilling Tremors is one of the top 10 perks for Nurse in my book as well!.

My underrated perk is cou de grace, and i was so excited to hear it will be buffed.

As a Huntress main, the tighter parts of loops and speed perks can really get to me, and when i need to power through a pallet or get a survivor using MFT this perk is super helpful. I like to think of it like a curved hatchet when using my stacks, getting in the moments of looping where hatchets aren't useful and my lowered movement is really taking a toll.

Also cou is just a really funny perk for survivors to react to when they become statues after vaulting a window they 100% thought they were going to make

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,408

For survivor, Empathy/any means necessary are both amazing for info perks. Both will tell you exactly where the killer is when they hit a surv in chase, or a surv drops a pallet.

Wake up + Sole Survivor is also good in case metaphorical crap hits the fan. Waiting by the exit gate while killer searches for hatch is fun. Right guess or not, they exit gate flies open.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

Sole Survivor+Wake Up.

I'm of the opinion that matchmaking and relative sweat level difference between both sides are the biggest determining factors in a match, not survivor loadouts. Sole Survivor+Wake Up allows you to salvage MMR in matches where you had zero chance of winning from the lobby screen. There's no other perk or combination that can change the outcome for me when a killer is hard tunneling teammates at 5 gens and they're farming each other off hook.

• MrPsych
    MrPsych Member Posts: 265

Survivor: Any Means Necessary.

I'm bad at chases and tend to be quick on dropping pallets. When the killer doesn't bother breaking them, I will most definitely reset all of those dropped pallets.

Finally, there's nothing funnier than stunning a killer with a freshly reset pallet.

Killer: Trail of Torment

This perk is so underrated yet deceptively powerful. I expect it to no longer be underrated after next patch's announced buff. No survivor take this perk seriously, yet many will fall for it. The ability to be Undetectable for a undetermined amount of time is not something to be taken lightly.

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 364

On Survivor, its Tenacity. Nobody ever expects someone to run it so the moment a killer slugs me I'm gone. Its actually prevented being death hooked numerous times, and the ability to recover while moving removes the only downside to crawling away has, its great!

On Killer, Bitter Murmur. Its a newbie perk by all accounts but the Intel it gives on where to immediately find survivors after a gen pops is so amazing. Even if in a chase or while hooking, it ensures I never have a moment where I'm left wondering which way to go next, sometimes even revealing a survivor going for a flashlight save or hex totem cleanse.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,278

Recently tried using darkness revealed and yeah... it's pretty nice. I have it on Sadako right now and being able to see auras around the map on que is awesome. I can use it upon spawning it, after hooking someone, or just when survivors are being too immersed. I also feel like ppl forget this perk exists with the amount of times I get free hits while using it. The survivor hiding in the corner probably thought I thought they were in the locker and I'm paranoid about locker plays with how much I open lockers. NOPE, the perk was just off cooldown.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,589

Mettle of Man(dy).

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Coup De Grâce is one of my favourite killer perks out there. Really allows you to get a free hit on some loops when survivors aren't expecting it. I'm excited to use it after it's buff.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,948

Certain gate distances basically make it a guaranteed escape it’s nice

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373

Shadow born

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 542

Face the Darkness.

Apart from some nasty hex-combos, I also like using it in itself. Nice info unaffected by OTR and Distortion, hard to permanently remove, and most importantly I just love survivors screaming left and right.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
  • CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331

Don't be mean. The game has its flaws but the mods are in no control of what happens in regards to balancing.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Oppression and Surveillance

Oppression- to get multiple Gens to start regressing (or give the Survivors an extra skillcheck and it being difficult makes it good for me

Surveillance- to get more information on Survivors (by hearing them farther away) and having Oppression makes it even better

But then I have been thinking of adding Nowhere To Hide to it... But IDK yet

• SantaKlawz1
    SantaKlawz1 Member Posts: 192

Distortion. Someone told me the other only Jeff mains run it and that made me chuckle as a Tapp main.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

When I bring no items I run Plunderer's Instinct. Sometimes it gives me some nice items, but so many times I get purple/red Key and I never get to use it unfortunately (I leave it behind if I found a more useful item like medkit, flashlight or toolbox or if I die. ) It's nice to know that in case I am ever the last one and killer gets to hatch first I can open it.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,589

I've only played with Mandy, but now that you brought it up, this sounds like a really fun idea. 😍

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145
    edited July 2023

i thought you all used to stream the game together like the sea of thieves dev crew.

*edit*

sucks that mixer is no longer a thing though. coop streams were the best

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I don’t know what was mean about my question in any regard… I was literally JUST asking if the mods play DBD together.

I would totally watch if y’all streamed this!

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

EMPATHY! I see so many people calling niche and weak, meanwhile you get perfect tracking on chases, can reset super easily, and get general very good information when your teams not doing so hot (so you need any help you can get). Empathy is god tier.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

Deja Vu. It helps alot by letting you see potential 3-gens early. Eliminate those and the 6 % repair bonus is just sweet. I combine it with Hyperfocus, Stake Out and Fast Track for a "do gens fast by yourself" build.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Knockout for me, it has been my replacement for gen perks since I stopped using hooks. Like many killer perks swf straight up ignores it but it's still fun and effective in solo matches.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

Care to give your full survivor build? I like that combo too but usually just slap it on for a one time usage fun build lol

• Deathslinger1of2
    Deathslinger1of2 Member Posts: 130

We’ll Make It

🇺🇸💵💸🦅🏆🏖️🍍

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Fire Up. Other than being a bootleg Brutal Strength and Bamboozle, you pick up survivors faster. Idk about you, but I sure like being actionable sooner!

1574 days waiting for a fire up buff

• EmmaFrostyEyes
    EmmaFrostyEyes Member Posts: 685

No one left behind. I know its mid but its fun to use and satisfying when you get value from it

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 553

Kindred,

You'd think with the survivor hub addition it would be less useful & I certainly virtually never see anyone else run it. But just like the old days it still shows my teammates all running to a camping killer (or none of them running to me on the hook even when they can see each other!)

Frustrating sometimes certainly But it has a few positives too.

If a killer leaves the hook I know which way their heading, coming to my gen? Going left so I should save from the right?

Or even theres my teammate close to hook about to pop that gen I should do a gen on the opposite side of the map!

I mostly run intel perks anyway I always have, so right now its bond, kindred, detective hunch (remove hexes quick or an emergency chest requirement) & I used to have dark sense but I didn't like the change so right now its built to last to boost any item I bring or find) or fogwise / alert or empathy if I want more intel.

Always served me well!

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

Usually Windows/Sole Survivor/Wake Up/Left Behind and a Medkit with 8 extra charges and a syringe. I don't do anything super special with it. I play like normal and use the perks as my get out of MMR jail free card when a match goes sideways. Half the time the perks don't matter and the team gets at least 2 out. The other half of the time it saves me.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited July 2023

Reassurance?

Perhaps that is not very underrated. I'd say WGLF is pretty underrated - it is especially good when combined with Made For This. If the killer is distracted for just a few seconds, you can punish them. Sometimes just the threat of a flashlight save will make the killer hesitate and give you enough time.

In some cases, you AND the picked up survivor will get the endurance status affect with the WGLF + Made For This combo. It's def my favourite combo atm.

• Hex_iButt
    Hex_iButt Member Posts: 233

Diversion.

I've gotten a good number of moments using it to escape chases where there's good LoS blockers, and just general distraction shenanigans. If Red Herring was a bit more flexible, I'd love using that more too.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392
    edited July 2023

I used Alert for the first time this week and it's pretty handy. Had a Wesker trying the 3 gen from the start strat so he would just circle 3 gens kicking them. I'd get notified at whichever gen he was at and then which direction he was running in, so i was able to hop on the gen pretty quick behind him and know when he was heading my way again.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

Killer: Forced Penance, having someone broken for 80 seconds is so powerful and even if it only triggers 2-3 times that can be enough to snowball to victory.

Survivor: Breakdown, locking out a hook for 3 minutes is an eternity in DBD it lost a little bit of usefulness due to how Pain Res works now but it's a decent counter and can really make you unhookable in some situations more so than boil over.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,116

For killer: Forced Penance, Dark Devotion and Spies From The Shadows are very underrated. Forced Penance is really devastating , especially with altruistic teams. Dark Devotion causes a decent amount of chaos and an insidious effect that cannot be removed for the duration. Spies From The Shadows is a surprisingly useful information perk.

For survivor: We'll Make It, Bite The Bullet, Quick And Quiet. We'll Make It os a great counter for Mangled and can be a great reset if you can reach the injured fast enough. Bite the Bullet is a neat way of hiding from the killer. Quick And Quiet can fool a killer when done well.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

Calm Spirit. Great for navigating without the crows narcing on your location. Unless you step on them.

It also makes you completely invisible to the average Doctor player.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

I dont know if this is underrated but mine is Distortion, I get so much value out of it!

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,717

solidarity on survivor. probably not that off meta but i love discordance on killer.

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675

Fire up, its not underrated because its not a good perk but I love running it.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,700

Probably Dark Devotion. I like to use it on Twins a lot, damaging the obsession with victor while being on the other side of the map has gotten me so many grabs. It can also be pretty dang good on Myers, being undetectable in tier 3 can be pretty wild.

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145

My choice too. I couldn't do a healing build without it. I like using it with Empathic Connection, so injured survivors can see me waving them towards me.

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 326

Ace in the hole, it's funny as heck when I get good crap from it

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 692

Lucky Break. Absolutely one of the strongest survivor perks and it’s bananas to me that more people don’t run it. It’s the first thing I equip in almost any survivor build.

• PapaEmeritus69
    PapaEmeritus69 Member Posts: 28

Killer- Zanshin Tactics. Started using it as a meme and it's actually pretty legit for planning chase paths. It is exceptionally good on Clown too since most pre-drop against him, you can predict which setups they will insta drop just by seeing the aura. Also, if you're experienced you can kinda tell what tile is spawned based on the pallet on some structures. Bitter Murmur is also great, super consistent and pretty much always useful.

Survivor- Parental Guidance + Smash Hit is so fun when it works right. Throw in some quick and quiet and you're cooking. Autodidact is a lot of fun too. I feel like a hero when it works! (when)

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

That sounds super fun lmao what other two perks do u run with them?

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331

I wish autodidact was buffed just a slight bit

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I agree with the OP, Thrilling Tremors is such a good perk. It’s not necessarily really strong or OP, but it’s consistent and always provides good/valuable information.

for survivor, I’d have to say We’ll Make It. I think people slept on this perk even pre-COH/medkit nerf. Being able to heal that quickly has come in clutch for me so many times.

Also, shoutout to Alert, Dark Sense, and Nobody Left Behind.

• clowninabout
    clowninabout Member Posts: 133

Red herring - I'm not saying it's good, just underrated if you get the right situation to use it.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,817

Spies from the Shadows. Especially fun to use on Ghostface!