Okay that's it, I'm learning how to play Nurse

No matter how hard I try to apply pressure and be a gen defender, the gens just pop one after another. Survivors are really strong right now and even with a 20 game lose streak I still haven't dropped low enough to actually win any games.

Probably going to suck just as bad at Nurse for the first 20 or so games but I can't wait to be able to actually win games XD

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Yes, MMR works as it should be !

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I lost like 40 games in a row trying to play Nurse.

Granted, I was on the Xbox One, I think, and Nurse makes me motion sick.

I'd recommend Blight, but even Blight won't mask fundamental issues.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,431

That's not a foregone conclusion since it's entirely possible that a perk carried them up to a higher MMR than they should have been and now it takes time to adjust. That happens in DbD. A similar situation could be seen in 6.1 when DH got its first nerf and it was a bloodbath for a few weeks. The survivors who had to adjust weren't bad players; they just needed to readjust their MMR and relearn their tactics.

We don't know their MMR or anyone's for that matter. We don't know their playstyle or which Killer they use. We do know that gen defense perks have been nerfed heavily. Since we don't know so much and the only thing we do know is that gens are going much faster jumping to a 'get good' comment isn't helpful in the slightest.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,445

Even then SBMM should prevent something like this from happening.

I've experienced this too. Every so often it feels like my games are completely unwinnable and I can't do anything. Then I'll lose a few douzen games and some days later my games are super easy. I have a theory that the MMR threshold is actually a point of discontinuity regarding matchmaking. You reach it but then you aren't accurately placed at the lowest / highest end of that MMR bracket but more towards the middle. That would also explain what the devs mentioned about it taking a while to drop down a MMR bracket again.

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302

LOL. I went down that same road years ago with Nurse on Xbox 1. 2 weeks of brutal games and the most toxic survivors I ever came across. I wrecked havoc for months torturing any survivor I came across after that. Now I play more survivor than killer but your post gave me flashbacks I did not like.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,856

If this mindset drives people to play Nurse, then that killer really should be removed.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145

killers with teleports and aura reading add ons help. just run regression perks and you can usually win

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,775

Thanks for sharing

• Objectively_speaking
    Objectively_speaking Member Posts: 504

Helpful tip, play Blight he is easier and more fun and does not get punished if you mess up his power.

Nurse requires a lot of Mechanical Skill and if you are on console then good luck with it.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,241

Inside the giant machine that is the matchmaker is actually just a break room designed for monkeys to throw darts at a dart board. OP's issue is the monkey assigned for him keeps hitting that "best killer in the world" spot, lol.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,241

Feel like Spirit might be a better pick. She's not mechanically challenging, so a controller isn't as much of a handicap while she can do pretty good without having as high of a skill floor as Nurse.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

I play a lot and dont have that much of a hard time, and I play almost every killer. Yes you will lose! But you certainly are not going to win every game.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,474

Nurse is not that hard and Op probably will not get as good survivors first games. After few game you get the idea of blinks and you can already win games. Even I play her once a week I usually win or get kills. Killer is on bad states now I either win or loose terribly there is no middle ground.

• Deathstroke

I though u were the best killer... nurse ceetainly is better on console than blight. I don't hit anything on blight and survivor spin every hit. On nurse however I win most games. I really enjoyed startstruck on her. But im on xbox series S she works lot smoother but still pc nurses has few advantages. I think blight anyway is worst killer to play on console.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Nurse makes me intensely motion sick.

Blight isn't ever going to be his PC self, but he's still one of the best on console.

• Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302

Nurse isn't fun to play, win or lose. You'll end up switching to a strong but not as strong killer that is actually fun.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373

Here's some advice pick a killer your interested in take all the slowdown perks you can

So you can maximize the amount of learning in a game take breaks watch some yt vids about the killer you picked once you get good with power lighten up on gen slowdown experiment

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,337

Okay, let us know how it works out for you

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

i mean 20 game loss streak might be a skill issue, but good luck with nurse

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,718

You're better off learning Blight tbh he's somehow avoided nerfs left right and centre while even Sadako has been catching strays

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 667

if you feel like nurse will be fun for you, that's perfectly fine! more power to you!

you could also try to create your own goals to reach instead too. i think that might be a refreshing state of mind you'll benefit from when you play killer (or survivor, should you choose to play that side too)!

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

Exactly. I've seen it so many times. They lose their matches then say that's it I'm learning nurse!

I can kite nurse but it doesn't belong in the game. Let survivors teleport through walls with a perk and see how it goes lol.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,827

Counterpoint, you get matched as close as you can be to have a 50/50 chance of winning (more like 60/40 when playing killer). At some point this isnt an sbmm issue its the player not playing well.

Or perhaps its the definition of a skill issue because there is no way you can lose 20 games in a row as any role, unless you are intentionally not trying to win or purposefully playing bad.

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

Nurse isnt the solution BTW, since you will find out after learning her that many survivors using subtle and not so subtle cheats so you will be griefed a lot.

Example: you slug the survivors about to hook one and you can't game throws you out, or a survivor teabags you before getting down suddenly you see server thrown you out, or every gen is done instantly at the start of the game, or someone recover alone without unbreakable etc etc.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Nurse has the highest skill floor but that skill floor should be no farther than 10 games out with even mediocre talent. I have probably played 25 games of nurse since I started playing 2 years ago, I have lost once or twice. Yeah, what a high skill floor. Don't try and pull the mmr bit like my blight didn't run only a full meta build and alch-ring green-speed in the months leading up to my first nurse game, she was well above the threshold.

Not defending op btw since he clearly is doing something wrong to feel this way.

You can use blights power for only map traversal and impossible to dodge hits because spins don't do anything to a shoulder flick regardless of platform(unless 100+ ping is a factor for anyone). Blight is not the worst killer on the console, the only thing gated for console blight is extremely fast bump logic. Probably under a 100 blights in total doing "Extremely fast bump logic" though. So yeah, skill issue. If it's that much of a problem run c33 and be nemesis with 2.3X map traversal speed lmao.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

So if I stand still as killer for 100 games resulting in 100 losses it's a balance issue by your logic.

No, just no. Both sided should earn their wins. If you are bad you should lose every single game until MMR puts you against players that are at your skill level resulting in even matches.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,445

That would only be possible if op played at the absolute lowest end of the MMR range. Otherwise MMR should not place them so high that everyone they face in douzens of games is better than them. I find that unlikely. Especially when other players have reported similar experiences every so often.

• Deathstroke

I wait a day to see ok console blight so far everyone I faced have been bad. I looped even P100 console blights 5 gens. Maybe it's skill issue for us but I do think the skill required is way too much compared to pc. We don't have 4000 dbi and 120 smooth fps+.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 632
    edited July 2023

The biggest hurdle with learning Nurse not so much about learning blink distances/ timings etc but how many things mess up blinking. There's so many terrain issues with her power it can be quite frustrating learning what areas will screw you over when trying to blink & you end up just getting stuck, standing in place or falling through the floor. You basically have to learn every single map again because her power is so unique. It takes some time to become efficient, but she's pretty fun when you do.

Good luck

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,130

After 20 games of failing to apply consistent pressure on survivors, you might be struggling from a common illness known as skill issue.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 300

Ah another I'm gonna go to nurse because blah blah blah, if your getting your teeth kicked in with an M1 then your about to get destroyed with nurse, at least for the first 30 or so matches. Nurse is op but only after you get cooked so many times you can literally predict most surv movements and whereabouts. She does get boring when you run meta perks and such but only after you get amazing with her. She is super super high reward and medium to high risk depending on your skill. Nurse is my main because when I first got the game my friends told me she blight huntress and curving billy were the hardest to learn I never could get the curve down, blight didn't really interest me and huntress is my 3rd behind hag.

• CamperSluggerVillain
    CamperSluggerVillain Member Posts: 164

try wesker he's fun AND strong join the wesk crew

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,222

In my 3400 hours I have never even come close to losing 20 games in a row. I think the highest I got was 6-7 when I was brand new and trying to play Pyramid Head. I don't know how people can lack the self awareness to realize that they just aren't very good. If you're losing 20 games in a row on normal killers then you're going to get destroyed as nurse.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,337
    edited July 2023

And there's nothing wrong with not being very good, i think it's important to emphasise that. Alot of popular streamers do these win streaks etc and I think so much of the playerbase tries to measure up to them. But these folk are popular for a reason. They're the outliers. They've played for so long and for so many hours to the point where it's now a *job* for them. People need to not be so hard on themselves.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 300
  • CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

Nurse's skill floor is overstated. It takes a while to get used to her blink ranges but it's not that bad. I played Nurse after hearing about how you needed 100 hours before you could even compete against mediocre survivors, but after a few hours I had a feel for her blink ranges and the second blink helped cover for mistakes I made with my initial blink. Once you get her blink ranges down you can go on to ignore the hardest part of the game which is looping.

As awful as she is to play against, I can see why people use her. She is a lot of fun. Blinking around the map feels great. Much more than getting in range and doing an M1.

Although picking Nurse won't fix a 20 losing streak. That requires hard liqueur.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,277
    edited July 2023

Proud of you 👽️👾

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I mean I play on 1200 dpi, it's all about how fast you can move you mouse. The framerate I will give to you, that is a sad reality of all console players, although I play on 100fps because it feels smoother in dbd(only game I can say that about). Shoulder flicks though are a mitigation to the lack of really fast mouse movements, it doesn't matter if someone try to spin or wiggle you if you literally don't have to turn your camera in any direction. I have watched lilith do live reviews of console players on subathon streams, the max potential is definitely less but that doesn't mean you can't be an oppressive killer vs many many survivor teams.

Keep in mind, anything but a shoulder flick, even on pc is not guaranteed.

• Deathstroke

Well those console players probably should saved the effort to get good on blight on pc instead unless they want hard challenge. Console blights I have faced I could say one was okay. I actually though he might be on pc as he did made some nice moves. The P100 one I have faced actually multiple times he plays very unique way not effiecient way though. He did miss multiple swing on me both games.

• CarbonaraCharlie
    CarbonaraCharlie Member Posts: 95

Yeah, I'm not that good lol. Kinda comes with the 20 game losing streak. Thought it might be MMR but I saw they removed it so I don't even know any more XD