Just 4 Blights Today

Options

And then people are asking why i am complaining about Blight & Nurse so much. There is no killer; only Blight, Nurse, Wesker, Spirit and for some weird reasons Legion.

Why people are not playing Doctor? Freddy? Plauge? And other killers. It's really so boring to get same killers over and over again.

I don't know why devs are not nerfing Blight & Nurse and not buffing weak killers for make them more playable. I stopped count Weskers tho, i think i got like 6 or 7 Weskers today but he is fine. I don't think Wesker needs any nerf.

Comments

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

I had a pubstomper Blight after a LONG time of not facing any and I quickly realized how much the add-ons were carrying him. It's also quite depressing considering he could turn all these tight angles and as a controller player I would never be able to do that because even 100% sensitivity is slow.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I honestly don't mind Wesker and i really don't know why people are complaining about him. Wesker is fun killer to face.

He is so popular because other killers are so weak. If they buff other killers, i am sure people would play them more which means less Wesker.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

You don’t get Doctor? He’s most my common killer right now and I would happily trade your Spirit matches for him lol.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

I think the last doctor i saw was ages ago. I am just not seeing him so much, he is on Hag's level.

• Sharby
    Sharby Member Posts: 498
    Options

The Jill and Renato in your first game look like the most boring players in the world I'm glad Talbot put them in their place.

Also I'd rather play vs Blight than Wesker, at least Blight requires a brain to play.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

And this Blight was sweats as well, you are seeing his perks and add-ons. And even with this build, he was very hard tunneller. This is fine but Jill & Renato's builds are boring?

• Sharby
    Options

The builds + the map offering/item makes them look like wannabe content creators, I probably would've dodged as a survivor, I hate when people offer those realms because they just try to bully the killer all game instead of trying to win.

The Blight has no shadowborn and is using the worse speed addon, I'd also argue a Blight build with no Alch ring isn't really sweating.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

He has C33 and speed add-on. Which is very strong add-on combo.

Lethal + BBQ is very good information combo.

Pop + PR is very strong slowdown perks.

And yet, this was not enough for him because he also proxy camped and tunnelled.

But yeah, he was not sweating. Such a good guy.

• Sharby
    Options

Your team has two people with a meta loadout and your Meg's build seems great for resetting, combo that with the offerings and I think its fair game for the killer to expect a hard match and respond in kind.

I dislike grimy killers like anyone else but in that specific game I wouldn't fault the Blight for playing to win because otherwise he would've gotten stomped.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

I am not saying why killer sweat'ed. But you are blaming survivors for being meta-slave while killer did exactly same thing. If Jill & Renato had boring builds, so Blight.

We all tried to win and it's fair. You can't blame survivors as well when you play against Blight. Especially when this Blight has very strong build.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Region and the weekend?

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,345
    Options

careful what you wish for, I have been playinf this game since it literally came out and many killers that are weak are also labeled as unfun by the survivor playerbase, for example wraith was a joke of a killer, rn he is in a very good spot and I can tell you more people hete him than like him on the survivor side.

my point being people love to talk about wanting variety but then hate if that variety comes in the form of a hag, twins, artist,trapper, etc as they are deemed boring to face so essentially you buff these characters, people play them more and survivors complain about them so they get nerfed or indefinetly complained about like wraith, people say they like variety but they really only do not like the killers they are facing atm more than they want to play against the rest of the roster.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    edited July 2023
    Options

Today's matches and EU servers.

Hag has hate because she is usually camp based killers (camping hooks and gens). Trapper, i don't see hate for him tho. Twins are usually slugging and hate is coming from that. Artist, i don't see hate for her as well.

And i don't think all killers needs buffs tho. Artist and Hag are fine killers. Twins and Trapper should be changed tho.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,434
    Options

Wow!

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,947
    Options

The Entity is the DBD master of the monkey paw. Eventually everyone gets their most whined about wishes granted, but it always comes with a price. Killers cried about too fast gens, untouchable survivors due to DH and CoH, the Entitiy chuckled, waved one of its spindly monkey claws and after thats all gone, survivors prioritized slamming gens asap over everything else.

When survivors cried about gen regression and slugging and face camping and 3-gening, the Entity chuckled, waved one of its spindly monkey claws and after thats all gone, killer mains only played strong killers and Devour Hope coin flip builds anymore.

I myself cried a lot for some of this changers, defended other causes, but eventually DBD changed and most changed left it lacking, more dull and lackluster. I don't know ... I don't want DH meta back as a killer or gen kicking meta as a survivor, but no change happens in a vacuum and all of this has a rats tale of unforseen consequences. This game is a real beast to balance and will go buckle wild instead of quietly let you twist and turn a couple of nuts and bolts. On one hand you can't let it fester with its glaring issues, on the other hand no change left the game not in a somewhat more dire and dull state...

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    edited July 2023
    Options

Trust me i am almost never seeing these killers. That's why i am usually playing with full meta.

But weak killers should be buffed, we agree on this.

I honestly hate nerfs if they really not necessary. Usually it's ending with losing fun mechanics.

Survivors lost Dead Hard & heal meta and now it's don't heal and do gens.

Killers lost regression builds and now it's more tunnelling.

I love variety more. Both sides should have more strong perks, it's not big problem because everyone are limited with 4 perk slots.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Not sure why you're surprised why you're getting a lot of blights and nurses in the EU region and later in the day.

• EternalRique
    EternalRique Member Posts: 114
    Options

Artist definitely gets hate for having the best anti-loop/guaranteed hit in the game; she's the main "Hold W" to counter killer.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,368
    Options

Plague is a bit stressful. Very strong but stressful none the less.

Freddy... Has little to offer. Like, why would you play Freddy of all killers? Unless it's for being Freddy.

Doctor is in a weird spot. He isn't bad and he can certainly win a lot of games but with gen speeds being the way they are and some of his better perks not being as good anymore he is kind of stuck in the middle.

Blight, Nurse, Wesker and Spirit all have 1 thing in common. They are extremely strong on top of having rather unique powers. And 2 of them are mechanically fun on top of that.

BHVR don't prioritize improving existing killers as much as many of us would like. But to be honest that is understandable. They won't make a lot of money by reworking killers that everyone already has.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,041
    edited July 2023
    Options

plague is decent with iri seal+devote amulet. her base infection is kinda slow to build up at base-kit and she is kinda slow at charging up puke so you can loop even in corrupt purge in many situations. that is my guess to why people do not play her. the other killers are m1 killer so they have m1 killer problems. they're weak to survivor hold-w like yoyo tactics and they do not down survivor quickly if survivor is healthy. doc vs MFT is not good and freddy got nerfed to the ground.

blight does not have those m1 killer issues. his speed counters shift-w and yoyo tactics. he can down people quickly even when they are healthy. he has some play at loops using hug tech. he is also fanatic tunneller so his gameplay is relatively straightforward. that is why he is popular. Wesker is kinda similar. he is popular for similar reason. strong tunneler, counter shift-w and yoyo tactics. he has play at loops but only if you master his exploits.

TL:DR most killer too weak vs typical survivors strategies so you get low killer variety as survivor.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

I love facing Nurse and I’m no longer ashamed to admit that. She’s a fun killer to verse.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 915
    Options

The last picture is sick, seeing a blight DC with this iridescent addon, good work holy

• Weasdat
    Weasdat Member Posts: 143
    edited July 2023
    Options

You posted 4 matches and 2 of them are 4man escapes and 1 is a 1k. Then complained why you don't see some of the worst killers in the game. What point are you trying to make here?

• lifestylee
    lifestylee Member Posts: 242
    Options
  • CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

I think I can tell I'm not high MMR as Blight is one of the least common killers I play against. He's not rare, but I see much more variety of killers. Although I meet a lot of Nurses... and not the one's that keep blinking into the basement by accident. Loads of Pig, but no booping. Also the army of Wraith players who BM on the hook at a rate of about 96%.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    edited July 2023
    Options

Everyone goes into the match knowing if theyre gonna sweat or not. This isnt a 'Well if they're gonna do it..' kind of scenario.

Survs or killers are going in twith their loadouts knowing if theyre gonna be a good player or... not. The blight in question was sweating. Period. The survivors came sweaty. Period. And yet we point fingers?

Own it already. You wanna win, so you sweat. Not sure why there's a stigma against wanting to win. But skill determines how you win. And this blight needs some customs practice imo. :)

Edit: Also, send any Blights my way. Its a breakfast I never tire of.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,061
    edited July 2023
    Options

There’s no reason to play weak Killers more frequently if strong ones exist. Even if the strong Killers got nerfed, they would probably still be stronger than weaker Killers.

Devs focus more on new content than things like buffing old Killers because there’s barely any profit to be made from doing so. Also if matchmaking “works”, the frequency of weaker Killers will probably be even less common at higher MMR levels.

I like to think I have some experience with Freddy but I also don’t see the point of constantly playing him in the current meta

• dbdthegame
    dbdthegame Member Posts: 699
    Options

You missed my point entirely. The common denominator will determine how a killer will play their future games. If I log in, and I play three games in a row against extremely sweaty SWFs with sweaty perks, and I'm trying to play Sadako, you can bet I'm switching over to Blight/Wesker/Artist and sweating. It's like you said, both the survivors and the killer were sweating. I don't think the Blight had a problem with it, but OP obviously did. We can both agree they deserved each other, so this thread is unnecessary.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Options

Yeah, pretty much. There is no fault here, people just came in ready to kick butt and chew bubblegum. OP forgot their gum, apparently.

• Phyrqc
    Phyrqc Member Posts: 77
    Options

Nice blog.

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 250
    Options

It seems like the devs see this as intended: good survivors play against top 5 killers, bad survivors play against everyone else. This is sad, but what can we do.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Options

As the DBD censor is usually drunk, Im assuming the hashtags are 'screwed up' or something akin?

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

The point, it's boring to play against same killers over and over again. Blight, Nurse, Wesker, Spirit and Legion. Most of times i am going against these killers.

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675
    Options

Because freddy and doctor are boring and not that strong? Wesker and blight are so much fun to play and are well strong lol.

• WalterBlack
    WalterBlack Member Posts: 147
    Options

A lot of the killers just aren't fun to play, in large part because of their underwhelming strength. It shouldn't be all that surprising to see these killers a majority of the time. Maybe the answer isn't nerfing these killers, but rather buffing other killers so they become worthwhile.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

I am in OCE and we get Wesker over and over. Wesker, Blight then 2 more Wesker's, then another sweaty Blight followed by Thana Legion 3 times then back to Wesker.

I have been playing a lot more killer lately lol

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Because the other killers aren´t fun at higher mmr? With being fun i mean the amount of sweat, the other killers require to keep going.

Or would you run a Trapper with a fun build, if you knew 3 gens are gone before you placed half of your traps? Or that someone takes Victor for a ride, while the gens pop left n right and you consider your life choices? Or when you play Doctor and after the first blast you get a dc, because "doctor is boring".

Fact is, that more often than not, survivors complain after the match, when a killer played XXX. That this killer is boring, autowin, no skill, etc.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,451
    Options

wesker is brainless? that's easily the most interesting take i've seen here so far

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Options

Wesker is more brainless than Blight, is what I 'hope' he means. Wesker isn't brainless compared to most of the killer cast.

If this isnt accurate, then I think they're just drunk atm :)

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,345
    Options

Nah, check their post history they legit believe wesker is basically autopilot for a 4k and disrregards all the arguments showing wesker has a high skill ceiling.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,451
    Options

if that's the case i would agree, blight is more complex and more difficult than him for sure

• Tiamat_Adara
    Tiamat_Adara Member Posts: 39
    Options

It's the "race of arms" in higher MMR .

Of course you can run whichever killer you like on EU Servers on a weekend evening for fun.

But that fun can get a little onesided, if you face coordinated group after group with metabuilds and BNPs with your valiant M1 killer.

You will constantly have to play at your best and still lose a lot (and get your fair share of "the bags", ggez and other niceties) ... that doesn't feel rewarding in the long run.

So i can see why many turn towards high mobility killers or nurse to not constantly feel like being in an uphill battle they most times loose.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,202
    Options

Since MFT exists, I've stopped playing most killers and I don't plan changing this until the constant 3% is gone.

I'm probably not an exception.

• Sharby
    Options

Negative skill floor.

Anyone can pick him up and 4k till higher mmr where they might start to 2k once in awhile.