How do YOU treat AFK survivors

Options
LordGlint
LordGlint Member Posts: 7,984

Picture this... You decide to play some killer, game just starts up and after abit of looking around you find your first survivor...just standing there. It becomes pretty obvious that this guy hasn't realized the game has started. What do you do? Do you take this as a free hook? Do you leave them alone? Really, no wrong answers here. I'm just curious.

Comments

• MarylinMonhoe
    MarylinMonhoe Member Posts: 108
    Options

I hit them once, wait 10 secs, if he doesn't move then, I hook them

If he starts to wiggle midway, I drop them, I don't like easy wins

Possibly not a good thing to do as a killer, but it's my way

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,665
    Options

Usually down them and then leave them.

If they have crows though I’ll hook them because the constant explosions are annoying.

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 527
    Options

I ignore them until crows arrive, then down them to make the noise stop. Next time I pass by I start hooking - the trial is likely screwed at that point anyways.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

To be entirely honest I just take the free hook without a second hook. A good 70% of the time that survivor comes to their senses and starts running away after the first hit though.

I'm not gonna pretend it's some big brain justified 1000IQ thing, I will just spring on any opportunity to make the match a little easier for me.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,526
    Options

Just hook.

No point in not doing it

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,239
    Options

Hook them and depending on how the match goes up until they're no longer AFK I'll adjust my gameplay accordingly.

If I see someone immediately by them I'll chase the non afk instead but if they're found alone and afk that's on them.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,995
    Options
  • I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Slug them until the crows come hook them.

If the get rescue and continue to be AFK.

I slug them for the rest of the match until they bleed out allowing the rest of the survivors to get points off the slug.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 380
    Options

Hit them once - still afk? Ok, I will come back and get my hook once crows are starting to make noise.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,783
    Options

I used to hit them once and move on. After Lethal Pursuer came out, I hook them. I despise teammates being AFK at the start, and if they come back only to be hooked, maybe they will actually go to the bathroom BEFORE queuing up. As Killer I can only punish negative actions, maybe reward them with hatch. As such it is better for the punishments to be more extreme, (hook rather than injury), because when you are soloing and run into that Lethal Pursuer Killer, that teammate is going on hook regardless.

I don't mind if my friends are AFK at the start, I can schadenfraude laugh at their misfortune and they know it's their fault. Soloq however just ticks me off.

• devotedDBDenjoyer
    devotedDBDenjoyer Member Posts: 269
    Options

depends on my mood honestly, most games i just take the hook but sometimes i don't, 3v1s are boring and if they don't come back i just want them out of the match so i can end the match sooner and like give the last guy hatch or something.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

I usually leave them be, because a Legion always loves a guaranteed Frenzy recharge point.

(People tend to raise AFK survivors, so... It's free Frenzy ! =D )

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options

I leave them alone for a while, but once the crows kick in their dead.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,902
    Options

As a free kill and move on.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

Depends on my challenge. If I have to get kills or something then I'll down and hook them. Otherwise I'll sometimes leave them alone, hit them once and leave or slug them.

All on a whim of what I choose.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

The notification is really annoying, so i hook them.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I ignore them until the crows spawn and then i hook them because it's too annoying.

If I'm playing trapper I put a trap right in front of them so i get notified when they come back and inevitably step on it (I don't down them or pick them up though, it's really just to know if i'm playing against 3 or 4 people)

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

I hit them once then leave them alone and play normally. If they start to get crows and the explosion noises begin to happen, they go on hook cuz that noise is annoying

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,453
    Options

I usually down them but leave them slugged. If they get crows and are still AFK then they go on the hook.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

I usually hook them. - If they haven't come back alive by the time they're unhooked their teamies are fighting a lost battle anyway. If they're back the team had a rough start and I keep that in mind when appraoching endgame; they ain't gonna get hatch and if I can only get one down/hook more before the rest escapes it's gonna be them.

I hook them mostly so that their teamies can get points for heals and safe unhooks while the afk player is afk. They're screwed that match anyway and I suppose making sure they don't depip and get at least some point is only fair.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

I take the free hook, simply because i use bbq and get into the next chase faster. If he keeps afk, i simply kill him, hook the rest twice, then slug them all. IF i get them all down, i let them all go, if they managed to do the gens in that time, they are out too. I think this way the match stays at least a little bit interesting, and not just let them farm.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

Usually hit them once or down them and give them a chance to get up. I know I appreciate it when a killer gives me grace when for example my controller dies right before the game starts.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,297
    Options

Hook them once

If I'm dominating the game I'll slug that person once

If they ate still doing great I'll hook again

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

AFK survivors = Free Devour Hope stack.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

i respect it. not one single hit.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,244
    Options

I play both sides, and as killer I show no mercy. I will hook them. Then when I go back to the hook, if they are still standing there, I hit them. If they STILL don't move, I down them and rehook them. Let the other survivors complain to them, not me.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 338
    Options

usually not anything until they start to spam with that sound proc when they have 3 crows. then i hook them.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

I ll down them and leave. Gives there teammates a side objective and a few unchallenged bp. Will give me a slight advantage but I certainly won't hook and tunnel them out cheaply.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,254
    edited July 2023
    Options

hit them once if i find them early in the match but if they're still afk late into the game i'll hook them

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

I injure them, but don´t down or hook yet. Until the bird notifications get to annoying. Then i down and hook them.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,352
    Options

I stand in front of them pressing my face up to theirs. Hopefully give them a scare when they get back to their sofa.

As soon as they move I hit them.