I got a matchmaking ban without disconnecting.

I had a rough game as killer, and survivors were bullying the hell out of me. I was trying out something on pig, and wasn't working out. The survs got all gens done.. And then the combos started coming out. A 4 man swf with all speed boosting perks. I could not hit a single person. If i did, they were doing it to activate made for this. After i kid you not, 10 minutes of trying to get a down, i gave up. I stood still, looked to the sky, and went away to go make some food. I come back to the match being over, and i have 8 minutes on my ban timer. I'd disconnected 3 games prior as survivor because i was being repeatedly slugged by a legion so i suspect i had an initial ban of 15 minutes. In THIS particular game however, i didn't disconnect. I just left the game, and made food. Why was i banned? was it because i stood still for so long? why am i being punished for refusing to get bullied?

Comments

• TenTrillion
    TenTrillion Member Posts: 39

at least you brought up a decent point rather than just being braindead, so thanks for that. But STILL. What if they hadn't done all gens? and what can i do to "get better" at the game when they are moving at 120% speed or more? I physically can't do anything when they move that much faster than me. I can't even start chase, and when i do i don't even catch up until i get bloodlust. If it was before all gens and i gave up, or heck, had something important to do, why should i be punished for it?

• CryonicSuspension
    CryonicSuspension Member Posts: 12

Pull the levers on the gates, to force the Endgame Collapse.

• TenTrillion

except for the part where if it's before the gens are done, i physically cannot force the survivors to finish the game.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,147

Run slow release toxin on pig to deactivate exhaustion perks.

• TenTrillion

one of the best comments ive seen on the entire forums. Good feedback, ty

• Melinko
    Melinko Member Posts: 291
    edited August 2023

I've never seen a bully squad or any survivor group avoid doing last gen. They will always finish the gens before the hard trolling starts.

In this instance as others have said, open the gate and go find some stuff to break. They will leave or end up as a sacrifice.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

Im confused why didnt you open the gate as the killer??

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

if you leave a game early. you get the leaving punishment. nothing more fair than that.

if you had something important to do, the ban will probably end before you get back regardless.

if you gave up, just leave the game and take the ban.

survivors can't go 120% speed constantly, whatever they are using, it will run out. if you think you can't win regardless, then you can commit to the one survivor currently outrunning you. 5% faster is not that much faster you should be able to start chase.

if they refuse to finish the gens, then you have infinite time to get them. the pallets will end eventually and you can use the time to try all the techs and weird mindgames you don't normally try.

or, you can give up and take the ban.

it sucks that you apparently got this missmatched on the mmr system, those happen, but people being able to consistently outplay you is not an excuse to not take a ban if you quit.

• Melinko

Not saying it doesn't exist, but it has to be the rarest of rare instance. And when that happens, it has to suck. Not much to do but use the report feature for taking the game hostage and wait it out. But you talk about it, like it is an every match instance, and in 99% of the time the bully squads wait till gens are done to be baddies.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

How were you bullied?

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

and what if they had decided not to finish the last gen? the killer's stuck there for an hour?

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

they can quit. and take the ban cause they left. if they don't do it often it's just 15 min (i think...might be less)

or try to catch them. and report at the end.

• Meghead56
    Meghead56 Member Posts: 19

If it lasts hour to catch someone who goes 103% as fastest, then only thing I can say that this killer isn't that good at this game.

• Melinko

At some point they run out of pallets and flashlight charges. Consider it practice. Chase them, learn to break the loops see if it improves your play.

Stop worrying about winning every single match, it isn't going to happen and find something to enjoy in each match or a way to learn in each match.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

Don't take any notice of all the Survivor's long-winded versions of "get good". Go to a corner, put a weight on your W key and go get a snack and a drink, let the bully SWF play with themselves.

• TenTrillion

well this blew up overnight lol.. it's showing the surv mains from the people who can see both sides

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I have been apart of some of that (before Made For This)... Survivors will avoid completing the last Gen to do things that they thought would upset me... but it ended up with them dying

At one point they "Oh crap" and finish that Gen and still wind up ded

But I can only imagine this with Made For This

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,893

Is that your takeaway?

The issue is not that he couldn't down the survs, the issue is that he couldn't down the suvs and for absolutely no discernable reason the survs prolonged the game to an absurd length when they could have just finished the last gen and left at any time. One can only assume this was just because they could, and being that much better than their opponent got their little rocks off and they wanted to revel in it. Just toying with them because they could.

That sort of thing is just pathetic. It's sad behavior you see from people who want to feel powerful because they don't often get the chance. I'd bet an internal organ that people like this often get absolutely bodied by some killers and it eats away at them.

I've been both the hammer and the nail many times in this game, and when I know my opponent is grossly overmatched I'll do one of two things:

1. Farm/show mercy
    2. End the game as quickly as I can so we can all just move on

I do this because I have been on the other side of those. But apparently empathy is in short supply for some people.

This isn't to say people can't have fun, but if your opponent isn't really a threat as all, what are you really accomplishing? How much fun is it, really?

• TenTrillion

i agree with this, purely for the sake of letting survivors get out of games they don't want to be in. Coming from a heavy killer main here