Using Kindred to lead the killer to other teammates on purpose multiple times should be bannable

Title:

Been getting matches when a player on hook has Kindred to be helpful, but a player on the team who gets found by the killer will intentionally lead them to other players to dump them on them. Have this happen the most on killers that can expose regularly like Myers or Ghost Face. Injured player gets found. Ghostface/Myers chases. Leads them to uninjured player while expose is up or basically ready. That killer will down the uninjured instead because they get more out of their power. Seen this about 4 times the last two days which is way more than usual. One on Myers and one on Ghostface and a couple on other killers like Twins and Oni.

Comments

• Rythoriak
    Rythoriak Member Posts: 137

How is it not malicious intent if they do it multiple times per game. Or in TWO of my games bring them next to me and use the point emote or crouch spam to show the killer where I am and run off.

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 618

Might have been helpful to mention that before. I am many things, a mind-reader is sadly not one of them.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,370

Well, if you have video proof, that actually is something they'd take a look at, as that could be considered "Working with the Killer" or however it's worded, which IS a reportable offense, but you'd need video proof.

• NotAnotherDoctor
    NotAnotherDoctor Member Posts: 291

Sometimes it's actually smart to lure the killer to another teammate. Maybe you're on deathhook and in solo queue with no communication and someone else has no hooks with no intention of taking any and this buys you some more time

• satx3241
    satx3241 Member Posts: 102

I've run into similar situations a lot recently. Seen this one more than once. Killer slugs a survivor. That survivor keeps their head pointed in the direction of another survivor. No matter where the survivor being targeted goes the slugged survivor would keep their head pointed in their direction. I have observed after being taken out. Once the other 3 survivors are killed the killer picks this person up and gives them the hatch. Sometimes they even let them knock out a gen and drop some pallets on them.

I don't know how to send video of this from a PS5 or I would happily report all of these people as I think they should be banned.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

"never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by neglect, ignorance or incompetence"

Yes. Even on repeat offense

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

You can record from a ps4. Like, after the game if the settings are right.

Does the ps5 not do that?

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

But it may not be wise for the individual survivor sandbagged. Maybe they’re downed and camped. And if the other survivors escape that won’t give them (the newly downed / hypothetically camped/tunneled survivor) more Bloodpoints or raise their MMR. That death actually punishes them.

• Meghead56
    Meghead56 Member Posts: 19

It does and it doesn't even need settings changed because you can choose how long of an video you want to save and it goes from 1min to 60 min.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,363
    edited August 2023

i had someone leave me to die on first hook because they were convinced i intentionally led the killer to the gen they were working on

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,731

i could only understand such behavior if the other teammate (you) is one of the people that refuse to understand hook states are resources and doesn't take any aggro the whole match. otherwise scummy, bannable regardless.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,438
    edited August 2023

Can honestly say I've very very very rarely ever experienced this as survivor in the few years I've been playing. And I've never had one point me out to the killer. If it's happening often to you, then I'd be wondering why your team mates are constantly doing this. Are you not using your hook states as a resource? Are you spending most of your time hiding and not helping? Are you not actively taking the killer's attention when your team mates are on death hook or injured and you're healthy?

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 567

Such is solo queue life I play a team game but I generally feel the majority do not & its an every survivor for themselves scenario.

They do the same thing with bond too of course.

Ironically I run both kindred & bond as a 100% solo player its always a good idea to keep tabs on team mates.

How many lead the killer to that 80%+ completed gen your working on on purpose is debatable but when the same players do so over & over every chase its a bit more obvious.

They don't seem to realise gens don't get done probably all die!

Its also good having that info yourself as you have a decent warning to bolt before the killer gets close, they aren't gonna drop a chase & go after you when your so far away!

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

I agree with you. I've had so many teammates who have no hook states and they're allergic to taking any protection hit, lmao.

• Chomperka
    Chomperka Member Posts: 188

it's human natural instinct

• NotAnotherDoctor
    NotAnotherDoctor Member Posts: 291

In this case, all three remaining teammates need to go in together. One to body block, one to distract, one to grab. If this isn't possible, then make trades until you can figure out a way to make it work

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Sometimes it's more obvious than others. I get a kick out of the ones that flashlight click at the killer to get their attention and then lead them to other survivors. I make it a point of recording and reporting those. Had one last night apparently get pissed because no one healed them up off the ground fast enough, so when they did get up they started dragging the killer to other survivors. The killer of course went along with it.

Since BHVR doesn't have any means to see this stuff on their end (which I still find bizarre, since this is their game), most non-streamer players don't record their own games, and reporting anything in the game is a long and clunky process, people think they can get away with doing stuff like that.

I keep recording software open and ready to go with a hotkey press, and hit it as soon as someone starts acting up. It may take upwards of 45mins to get everything ready and reported, but at this point I consider it a metagame that goes with DBD.

Works great for the survivors that killers slug until near bled out then pick up repeatedly to try to get them to rat out the last survivor. If I'm the last one and the second to last survivor gets downed, recording starts. It doesn't happen all the time, some survivors nut up and give an FU to the killer by standing there doing nothing, start working on a gen again, or lead the killer to all the wrong places while I finish a gen. But the times they decide to work with the killer, they've made two mistakes. Enjoy the ban.