T-bagging

Options
TessaTheDeath
TessaTheDeath Member Posts: 48
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

Hey guys,

I must say, I'm not a perfect DbD player: I mostly either play KYF or SWF, or I play killer when I'm playing alone. I mostly stay at ranks 10-15, because I don't have much time for the game. Still, when I'm playing, I'm trying to be fair and respectful, both as a killer and as a survivor.

Yesterday I got a possibility to play Freddy through my Wraith and, obviously, I sucked as Freddy, because I needed time to understand how to play him. My survivors opened the gates, and kept game hostage by staying there till I came to them, then t-bagged and ran. I've asked them after the game, why the t-bagging and got a couple of obnoxious and rude comments.

My question is: why are people t-bagging? Why can't they stay civilized and respectful? Or is the game just meant for 12 year olds in a teenage crisis and I'm just to old?

Ranting done. Thanks for listening/reading :)

Comments

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773
    edited March 2019
    Options

You'll never escape it. A big problem is that people still get angry over T-Bagging; not to say T-Bagging isn't bad but its blown out of proportion by very salty people that dont realize that its just a game.

T-bagging has been around for a long ass time. It's not going anywhere unfortunately

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Because they are kids and think they are good at the game. Some of them drop a pallet then tbag like pressing one button is hard.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Because some people enjoy making others feel bad.

No other way to put this

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

Its because people in this game act like "I got to an exit so I won" and sit there and do nothing till you arrive, also, because almost 40% of this community is Ocheeto wannabes

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

Toxic BS

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

Natural behaviour of Survivors after they destroy a Killer.

If they win, they make fun of you.

If they lose, they insult you.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

It's the power of both anonymity & worldwide.

Combining that people don't know who you really are and that they're more than likely far, far away from you, people often don't care how they act, since there's almost never any real direct consequences to their everyday life.

Picking on someone in a game is nothing more than a brief moment of feeling superior, while being civilized and respectful isn't entertaining to most people at all, or at least it doesn't grant the immediate moment of satisfaction that picking on people grants.

At least, that's how i see it.

• HarryToeknuckles
    HarryToeknuckles Member Posts: 158
    Options

They're just doing it because they're excited to escape, plus it's funny. Don't take it personally.

• TessaTheDeath
    Options

Frankly, I don't think that ignoring the disrespecting behaviour would solve the issue.

That's exactly what I'm pondering about. Me and my friends try to treat the killer as we would like to be treated ourselves and I would like to see a bit more of such behaviour in the DbD community.

Sorry, but I don't think, that insulting the killer both in the game and after the game in the chat can be justified by excitement. If I get excited and ######### on their dog, 'cause I might find that funny, would it still be ok?

• Eveline
    Options

Having different opinion doesn't make you smart.

• TessaTheDeath
    Options

Aaaaaah, my whole post just disappeared when I tried to edit it!

Well, I guess the world's telling me that it's already salty enough and doesn't need my saltiness.

• TessaTheDeath
    Options

Oh, sorry, I didn't realise the feelings police was in the thread.

Unfortunately, I haven't reached the nirvana level yet, where those things won't bother me. Doesn't change the fact that some peeps are #########.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Most survivor have daddy issues and want you to notice them doing great.

In a way it's kind of cute.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

I suspect you're Vietfox with a new account? Because that's exactly how they argumented about teabagging right before they got banned.

• Eveline
    Options

Ignoring and allowing toxic behaviour is not smart. Unless you want the whole world to be completely hostile.

Being nice and kind goes a long way. You should try it.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

because we dont have any other ways to express emotions besides pointing (key 1) or come here (key 2)

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Watch the show at the gate sometimes it's funny

or

roam around until they leave

• xStansfield
    xStansfield Member Posts: 17
    Options

I don't understand why you would take offense at someone pressing one button repeatedly to the point of not wanting to play the game anymore, as a matter of fact if you play Killer and a Survivor teabags you after dropping a pallet, they're wasting precious time to get away from you; same as people stunning you then blinding you with a flashlight, if you play with headphones on you can localise them and punish them.

On many instances of me playing Killer I had Survivors tea-bagging at a gate allowing me to down them, hook them, have their friends rushing over for the save and getting hooked as well; don't let it get inside your head, use the opponent's ego to your advantage, and rejoice when they send you hate messages