Which Survivor perk is next to get nerfed out of meta? (Excluding MFT.)

Options
Sharby
Sharby Member Posts: 498
edited August 2023 in General Discussions

Taken from Nightlight:

Which of these do you think is going to get nerfed?

The devs haven't restated that MFT isn't being changed, so I'm posting on the assumption that a nerf is coming which is why I excluded it.

Personally I think Windows will get its cooldown back and a timer/debuff will be added to Resilience, but I could also see Hope getting a timer/debuff as well.

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,137
    Options

I don't particularly think any of these need a nerf, at this point. Then again, Prove Thyself didn't either, so community feedback does put a bit more pressure on some of these even if they wouldn't warrant it otherwise.

At most, I'd maybe see Windows getting a shorter range, but even that's a stretch.

Well, except for Adrenaline getting its Freddy-specific element removed, but at this point I wouldn't even call that a nerf so much as necessary standardisation.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
    edited August 2023
    Options

Outside of MFT, all of these perks seem fine to me.

Posted this regularly in a few threads this idea now, but the one change I really want to see is Adrenaline reworked to recover from Exhaustion rather than grant the 5s of 150% Haste... solely for the reason it makes the perk more interestimg and allows you to take your exhaustion perk of choice for the end game effect you want.

It'll probably be Sprint Burst for effectively the same effect it has now (which is also free with Adrenaline from Meg, so no Bamboozle), but you still have the need to actively trigger your exhaustion perk, and it does mean anyone not in chase gets a little less value if they don't preemptively burn their exhaustion perk.

I don't consider the loss of 2s a nerf, because you also don't have to use it immediately, so it allows you to play for an exhaustion use when you need it.

Otherwise, everything else on this list is fine.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,785
    Options

none of them. This is the most chill the meta been on both sides in a long time. People complain about mft and that it for the most part.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,421
    Options

i don't think any of these perks need(ed) nerfs but windows may get some treatment, like getting its range reduced.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    edited August 2023
    Options

mm i would say probably reverting the buff that they did to windows of oportunity in order to make the perk not meta anymore.

the only reason people use it is for Pallet info / tile info / works 24/7 and also while getting chase . (goes well with open handed)

NERF: Everytime you vault / drop a pallet while in chase the perk deactives for 15 seconds.

Post edited by MB666 on
  • Sharby
    Options

I don't think any survivor perks need nerfs at the moment, but that doesn't mean they won't be.

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 270
    edited August 2023
    Options

The only nerf that I feel might happen is a reduction in range for Windows. MAYBE they remove the vault speed increase from Resilience like they did with Spine Chill?

Other than that I guess they could nerf the speed boost you get from Adrenaline, or increase exhaustion times for Lithe/Sprint Burst if they wanted to try and lower their usage some.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,266
    Options

MFT for sure. Maybe Resilience.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    edited August 2023
    Options

Resillience IF the fast vault changes stay

Trust me.

Adrenaline and Windows are perfectly fine imo

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Nerfing something just because they are popular is crazy bad idea. It does not mean they need nerf just because they are popular.

If people are enjoying with it and if there is no balance issues with them, just leave them. People are playing games for fun, it's crazy when they are trying to kill fun.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options

Adrenaline shouldn't work for somebody getting pulled off a hook. Heck, if you even want to take away the heal or the speed boost, I think that would be enough.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    Options

If the new window vaults stay then Resilience needs dialed back some. There's already issues coming from what seems to invincibility frames, which is only made worse with a 9% speed increase.

I think Adrenaline needs to not work when rescued from a hook. Or, at least, only one of two benefits should be granted.

Otherwise, these perks are okay, I guess. Prove Thyself is annoying but I mean...

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,678
    Options

I could see Resilience losing the vault speed buff.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

MfT needs the endurance effect removed and FtP needs to not work with buckle up.

Besides those two changes no survivor perks deserved to be nerfed.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,334
    Options

Let's nerf them all! *diabolic laughter*

Honestly, neither of these perks are complained about anywhere near as much as you make it seem. I reckon that WoO could be nerfed, although the problem is less WoO and more maps. Technically all of these perks will vary in strength as the game changes around them. So they will probably get some passive nerfs eventually.

For example, Adrenaline will become even stronger when BHVR deal with 3 gens because it allows survivors to focus more on repairing that last gen and less on healing. And when 3 gens are less of a problem, then killers have a harder time patrolling gens and get into chases, which makes being injured less of a danger.

With the changes to fast vaults it might be a good decision to nerf Resilience but I think we should give it a bit of time, have them fix the animations first and see how this actually affects balance. Because it will have an effect on balance. If it becomes clear that the extra vault speed from the animation is problematic combined with Resilience, then that will have to be adjusted.

• Sharby
    Options

Really? Cause the most common reason I see MFT complained about is that being injured isn't a real condition and that the killer gets punished for getting hits.

I'm curious how you could exempt Resilience from this same argument, considering not only does it help you in chase, it also helps you do gens faster which is something MFT doesn't do.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

This is true but it's also a really dumb argument that shouldn't be acknowledged, by this logic deadlock should be nerfed because it rewards killers for letting gens get done but I bet if anyone suggested deadlock be nerfed it would cause several aneurysms.

• Sharby
    Options

If it wasn't acknowledged you'd have to ignore like 20+ people (some of which are on this forum.) Its very frequent reasoning.

I agree that it's dumb though.

• Robotfangirl67
    Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 638
    edited August 2023
    Options

They may nerf resilience’s vault speed like everyone else has mentioned. I can also see Kindred and Windows Opportunity being nerf. I mean I hope they don’t nerf windows and kindred cause I say they’re the most balanced out of any survivor perks. But we’ll see what is in store.

Post edited by Robotfangirl67 on
  • Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,549
    Options

None of these.

• HansLollos2
    HansLollos2 Member Posts: 148
    Options

Every Perk is fine, exept MFT of course. Resilience is also fine. It doesn't really help in chases, it only helps a bit in mindgames and if you wanna escape via fast vault. The other Resilience buffs are rewarding for playing risky.

• Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 202
    Options

Resilience.

Everyone was so angry about survivors healing, and it caused major nerfs to healing perks, medkits, and healing speed.

Survivors go ok, fine I wont heal and ill just use a gen build.

Well, now gens are going to fast according to killers. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a gen repair "disability" added if you are injured, and then resilience just negates that.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,421
    Options

Honestly I think MFT is overtunned, especialy if you compare it with the rest of haste effects for Survivors. It also creates problematic end-game combo imo, Hope + MFT, which is almost impossible to catch someone with Killer that has no mobility power or strong range attack.

That 3% Haste is allready S tier perk but it shouldn't have extra endurance on top imo. That's just too much.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

None of these. All of these perks are relatively balanced. Perks shouldn't be nerfed because of high pick rate and survivors don't have many good perks left.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    Options

Why should it? There's no logical reason that a survivor should be granted a free health state and speed boost for losing a chase near the end of the game. Even more so considering you could then tank three-four hits if you're running MFT and somebody on your team is running Ftp + Buckle Up. With the amount of endurance in the game, it's becoming near impossible for a killer to even have a chance in the endgame.

I know not every Adrenaline usage will be used with perks like those, but I also think that it should be nerfed in the way I said regardless of other perks in the game.

And, before anybody says it, I play both sides about evenly.

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 518
    Options

compared to the mft which lengthens the shift w chase, even the old DH looks fair

therefore, the main thing is that mft be destroyed, the rest can wait

• Necrobot
    Necrobot Member Posts: 46
    Options

None . For me, the problem is not the perks but the combinaison of certains perks (like mft, adrenaline, hope...) and swf that abuse it by using the same builds. Stacking is the real issue (just like with killer regression perks when all you see was eruption, overcharge... and the perks were nerf to oblivion...). They need to prevent more that kind of stacking. Maybe it will be good for build variety.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 448
    Options

Hope its resilience and Adrenaline

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 273
    Options

I feel since hook grabs are gone, adrenaline shouldn't activate if your on the hook before egc. Also that MFT should shut off during egc so it can't stack with hope. Idk know how windows is even considered it's extremely valuable for New players and not so much for older vets. I've never understood the calls to nerf woo