Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I have a feeling Alien's power is being nerfed

jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,624
edited August 2023 in General Discussions

I haven't played the PTB but I have watched some videos and I feel like there's going to be complaints about the tail attack. "It's way to power how are we supposed to counter it if it just goes over windows and pallet and that the killer doesn't have to full on charge it." While I know not everyone is like that I do have a feeling there is going to be some survivors saying Alien is way to OP because of their power. For me on a visual look I find it pretty good tunnel system is pretty good and it's nice the devs added a trail system when in the tunnels to help find the one your looking for easily. But no matter what I do think Alien is getting some kind of nerf when released.

Note: This is a hypothesis I don't hate Alien even then I never played the PTB since console players don't get that privilege this is going by videos

Post edited by jamally093 on

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

They are usually buffing killers after PTB but alright. I just don't think they will nerf him. He is just fine, i won't surprise if they add him to live servers without changes

• jamally093

I don't know what will happen after the PTB I do know that it's possible the acid blood add-on might get nerfed because even though it's Iridescent a rare thing to get in the bloodweb it'll still be to OP to counter. The only problem I have with Alien is just the tails hit detection since it seems to have a sorta double hit where it hits where you attacked at but also counts where the tail is at the end of the animation similar to how Nemesis's tentacle is. Though PTB they might fix it so the game tries to register better.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I hope not, he seems in pretty good state now

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

Isn't his tail attack a worse nemesis whip though since it cant break pallets and has worse range? Id be surprised if he gets nerfed

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298

The tail attack really isn’t that big of a deal - If you aren’t standing right on the other side of a pallet or window, you aren’t getting hit by it.

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

I was watching Tofu last night, and the tail attacks looks weak to me. Like it has to be incredibly precise to hit a survivor because the damaging hotbox is so small and only active for a split second, yet also it can't hit through most gaps that other projectiles can, and also can't hit while strafing even though the tail blade is clearly moving through a survivor. It has decent range but that's it.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175
    edited August 2023

Hopefully not. If people are complaining about the tail, it means they just aren't very smart, good or both.

• Teammates should be deploying turrets in important yet spread out tiles.
    • Person in chase should be chaining turret-to-turret to essentially keep Xeno burned and unable to get his tail attack.
    • Pre-dropping pallets is useful when Xeno is in 4legged attack mode. In particular tiles like a jungle gym, you can get out of the way before he tries to tail attack you over the pallet and gain even more distance or force them to break it.
    • His tail attack can hit over pallets or windows and crouch tech doesn't work on him like it does Nemesis. Besides this drawback, which is totally fair, survivors have many ways to counter or waste the Xeno's time.

I hope if anything, Xeno is kept the same or buffed. He should not be nerfed. Bad survivors deserve to go down, just like a team that doesn't use a lot of turrets or has multiple people who aren't good in chase and last seconds.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,278

But why?

I dont think its that strong, place turrets around the gens you work on, did it yesterday and the alien didnt get a single kill, and only 1 hook the whole game (As SoloQ)

• paperface
    paperface Member Posts: 20

i honestly think it needs slight buff.

only new survivor think it needs nerf.

turret location should at least more noticeable

• codemeister99
    codemeister99 Member Posts: 2

I was hoping for this too but again bhvr has a ptb to test and then does actually nothing to change it the range is way too high to the point where most pallets are useless against the tail on top of the already bad hit reg in this game its going to be a nightmare if they dont change it somehow

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,189

if he becomes oppressive, they'll just turbo buff his turrets until he does not become oppressive. I highly doubt he will be a threat.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

His tail is a worse Nemesis whip, I don't see how this is overpowered

• jamally093
    edited August 2023

It's because there isn't much of a counter as like how Nemesis's whip you can crouch behind an object to avoid it plus it has the double hit box where it lands the first time and the short frame after where the killer moves.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

It seems like the tail currently has a bug with not properly applying the movement speed slowdown at all times. I would rather we not nerf a killer that isn't currently working properly.

• Luckyfer
    Luckyfer Member Posts: 80

"Bug"

Clearly intended,it was never in PTB,so how can you tell that P2W huntress has a bug?!

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Patch notes state 2.0m/s is the new movement speed during cooldown. That's half the survivor movement speed. If Xenomorph is going faster than that during the power cooldown, it's a bug.