Hitting On Hook

Options
Derix
Derix Member Posts: 19
edited August 2023 in General Discussions

Is there any purpose to keep the mechanic of hitting a survivor on hook? It's mostly just used to BM survivors.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 893
    Options

Well it makes survivors new 10 minutes screams to stop.

Thats the only "reasonable" thing i can think off.

Other than that its BM.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

Any purpose to remove it?

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 949
    Options

Depends on which survivors i hook, if they have a long drawn out scream or a high pitched scream like Claire, i'll smack them to stop the scream. That's only one smack though, so i wouldn't consider that as BM.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,071
    Options

If survivors are allowed to teabag at exit gate then killers are allowed to hit you on hook.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

They removed flashlight clicking just because people complained it's kinda same thing, when they introduce anti camp mechanic hitting on hook will serve no purpose

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298
    Options

I had no idea that stopped the long screams. Usually I just run away, hoping to mitigate some of the shrill noise with distance.

Sure it’s frequently BM but meh. Usually if I’m on the hook I just think ‘ooo, somebody’s angy’. I’m not sure how it would even be able to be changed. A killer can swing their weapon at anything - I doubt it would be less annoying if it hit the hook instead.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

Otz tech is totally fine, nothing wrong with it.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Sometimes those screams are a bit too long and you need to hear what else is going on. Other than that, kabobbing is just a unique aspect. I usually get the giggles when someone starts hitting me on hook because it means someone had started taking the round a bit serious.

• RainXxPebbles
    RainXxPebbles Member Posts: 4
    Options

If I get bullied and catch that survivor, I take swing at them once I hook them and then walk away gracefully :)

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I did used to think that the idea behind hitting on the hook was to try and disrupt the struggle/skill check phases. Being hit might just upset your timing slightly, enough to miss and die quicker.

• JonOzzie16
    JonOzzie16 Member Posts: 203
    Options

Sometimes I hit a survivor on hook to let them know they did a good job. Isn't this why everyone does it?

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I mean you are hanging on hook anyway why does it matter if a facecamping killer hits m1 or just stares at you?

Think about it what difference does it make in any way?

• Wylrin
    Wylrin Member Posts: 98
    Options

Assuming it's not just to silence a long, shrill scream, a killer smacking a hooked survivor takes time. If it's to vent frustration, then it's serving no other mechanical reason other than to slow a killer by making them wipe their blade. Yeah, the time spent doing that is miniscule, but a lot of people go for grabs at vaults instead of downing and picking up to save a few precious seconds, so any time spent being unsportsmanlike is also punishing them, however mildly. Whereas butt-dancing on the other side of a pallet or window doesn't really have the same effect since you're in a safe spot that you probably don't want to leave immediately anyways. Given that a killer smacking a hooked survivor actually gives a tiny bit of advantage to the survivors, I don't see why you would want to remove it.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,986
    Options

The point regarding the hooked survivor having a hitbox so that it serves as a blocking mechanism during unhook attempts is an important one. It's essentially an anti-camping mechanism.

But also, I smack survivors after I hook them to shut their scream up. Some survivors have awful screams that I just can't stand hearing, like Feng. And for some godforsaken reason they now last about 10 seconds so there is absolutely no chance I'd be on board with removing this ability.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,144
    Options

Too bad the hitbox is gigantic and often times you are trying to hit the one unhooking but hit the hooked one instead.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,144
    Options
  • Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

at this point I wish most of them they were replaced with a deadpan "ouch". The extended screams are so much worse.

• Exarion
    Exarion Member Posts: 69
    Options

It's realistic.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

I remember the topic of removing the hitbox to stop people from BMing was brought up before. Killers had no problem giving up a tool of BMing in exchange for removing a survivor's riot shield, lol. Seriously... the amount of times I've hit a hooked survivor when I was CLEARLY aiming for their teammate is uncounterable...

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,197
    Options

I mean getting beat on hook beats getting chainsawed on hook by Bubsy/Billy's. But worse of all will forever be other survivors who "try" to unhook you and let go non-stop *shakes fist at Fengs*

Either way, as a killer I do it sometimes just to prevent myself from getting tinnitus, considering the Devs of this game have shown that they want their players to turn deaf :) 'More realistic screams' 'goes better with the hook timing' mhm, sure 🤡

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,046
    Options
  • SantaKlawz1
    SantaKlawz1 Member Posts: 191
    Options

I enjoy a killer constantly hitting me on hook. I don't teabag so I know it's usually to attempt to make me mad or they're mad they got smoked for 3 or 4 gens. It doesn't bother me at all.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

If they don't hit you, then they are hitting the survivor saving you.