I Think DBD As A Casual Game Is Dead

Options
13»

Comments

• puncher
    puncher Member Posts: 112
    edited August 2023
    Options

MMR ruined dead by daylight. I haven't spent any money on this game ever since the devs made the stupid decision to put in mmr

• RainXxPebbles
    RainXxPebbles Member Posts: 4
    Options

DBD shouldn't be a casual game.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,615
    Options

I am not egotistical enough to think I speak for everyone.

However, it's completely possible to be able to see different perspectives. I take the game much too seriously, as shown by me trying my hand at competitive DBD. Most people don't do that.

The casual nature of this game, I think, has gone. I also think that's a bad thing in the long run, as DBD isn't truly competitive either. The game has pushed casual players out whilst not appealing to competitive players either.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    edited August 2023
    Options

You're opinionated enough to think that a casual player can't have fun playing this game after a long day of work and that the casual game is dead. More trouble than its worth and its pushing players away.

Well player count is pretty stable looking at the steam charts over the long term. The measurable facts don't fit your opinion. When that happens your opinion has to change to fit the facts because the facts don't care what your opinion is and will remain just so.

So here is a casual player with a group of casual player friends, whom often play after a long hard day of work, telling you otherwise. But your opinion is noted.

• biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 659
    edited August 2023
    Options

All my casual friends don't play either.. People don't seem to realize this game looks a lot different when you are "outside" looking "in". You could say that about many games sure, but I feel DBD is a special case in that point of view. DBD is an "easier said than done" type of game for the more casual people I have known to play it, which is quite a few tbh.

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 452
    Options

A random perk mode would be nice. At least if you do bad you can blame the perks. Probably as chill as it's gonna get.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,615
    Options

I think that could definitely be around in the future.

The random perk challenge during the Anniversary was received well.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,797
    Options

that’s why this game has always felt like it’s never had mainstream appeal

• saym
    saym Member Posts: 82
    Options

I've been saying for a long time that we should separate casual and ranked matches. Because there are casual players and ranked players in this game. That'll solve the problem. I don't understand why BHVR doesn't do something this simple.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,263
    Options

It's a lot easier to get casual games as killer since it's a more simple to show that you're interested in goofing around i find. I get a decent amount of matches as billy that devolve into people lining up at shack waiting for their turn to get curved.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 426
    Options

Hmm, is it? I can't say that I do share the same experiences. As a killer, all the survivors whom I keep encountering are SWF premades with, at least one BNP Toolbox per a match, usually filled with two more Flashlights and one more Medkits of ~40 charges or more.

However, as a survivor.. I do kinda feel the pain. The killers do refuse to drop chases and search for survivors within vulnerable areas in so many cases, and then they excuse their reasonings for tunneling, it's a skill issue, and no longer treating the match casually, if you ask me.

As for people lining up behind objects and allowing you to hit them.. That's what I see as mocking you. Perhaps, I'm just being too pesimistic here, but I'd rather have them leave ASAP than to stand by the exit for me to hit them two times. I do value my time a lot more than that, and I prefer being called a bad player than having people complimenting me without even meaning any of them, as I don't really wanna get spoiled, you know?

• BreadSilence
    BreadSilence Member Posts: 77
    Options

That depends on what each killer's definition of a "win" even is.

For some of us, simply getting 8 hooks is a win.