Banned for 10 hrs??

Options

So, I play on PS4 and last night I (along with many others) experienced the login glitch that said "cannot retrieve store content" or w/e the message was. Randomly during that time, I was able to login once and I received a 3 hour ban for disconnecting from a game, which I hadn't, because I was not even able to log in for about 2 hours before this.

This morning, at like 6 am, I got a system software update and it fixed my login issue - I played ONE match, and at the very end, after I'd been hooked for the final time and was in the process of going airborn to the entity, I closed the application and shut my system off. Just logged in for the first time today and I see I have a 10 HOUR BAN??? Seriously, ######### lol.

The issues I have with this are that

1. I d/c'd when the game was essentially over - my character was literally disappearing in the air when I shut the game off.
  2. Shouldn't bots being a thing make the d/c penalty LESS consequential, considering the game can still be played similarly enough to the real thing once the person d/c's?

Just annoying as hell. Couldn't play at all last night bc of the glitch, now I'm banned for another night for pretty much nothing at all. Sorry for the rant, but that's some BS

Comments

• Octobersmoke
    Octobersmoke Member Posts: 37
    Options

100% agreed. Especially when you can get DC from something like bad weather and still end up with a ban. Tbh, I don't even care about the ban itself - 10 HOURS is just ridiculous. I could see if I did something completely inappropriate, but there is no voice chat in the game so I obviously did not insult anyone or something like that - and I'm also on PS4 so there's not even an option to in-game chat at the end of a match lol. I literally was banned for disconnecting AFTER I died lmao.

I don't feel like any game should take itself THAT seriously where they feel the need to punish someone with that amount of time for doing practically nothing.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 613
    Options

You don't get a 10 hour ban for disconnecting twice. So, my suggestion is to stop whining, stop disconnecting from matches, and take care to finish a match before quitting the game. I would hazard a guess that 10 hours is something you get for somewhere around five and ten disconnects. Which is far to lenient, in my opinion.

And no, bots do not mean that you should receive leniency. They were not put into place so that you can DC every match that isn't going your way. In fact, I believe the reason BHVR were so hesitant to incorporate the bots because they were concerned that players like yourself would take them as a sign that DCing was all of a sudden approved. Hopefully your 10 hours remind you that is clearly not the case.

• Melinko
    Melinko Member Posts: 291
    edited August 2023
    Options

They need to remove the bots. People won't DC now due to penalties, they just opt out on the hook.

The way it was before was better. Gave a survivor a chance to DC so the last survivor would get hatch atleast, versus crawling around for 4 minutes while the killer tries to find the last survivor.

The bots really don't solve much of anything.

• Octobersmoke
    edited August 2023
    Options

Lmao ok mom

If I dc'd that many times, even I wouldn't be complaining because that's understandable. This is my point... this shouldn't have happened. I don't care if you want to believe me or not... I'm not some 11 year nerd who would take time to lie about dbd 😂 I was simply posting this because it's very confusing.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

If you DC whenever you're in middle of being sacrifice then you've been building up your DC penalties. If you don't think that's the case then you can reach out to support and see why you're getting DC penalties.

https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Octobersmoke
    Options

Nah this was a one-time thing, I was up all night waiting for that "cannot retrieve content" glitch to stop, and then once I got to play, I dc'd after being hooked for the 3rd time, as I was floating into the sky.

But like I said, hours before that, the login glitch stopped one time and let me login, where I then had a 3 hour ban which was totally random because I was not able to play the game in the first place because of the login glitch (lol)!

I usually don't dc for any reason, even when my teammates decide to leave after being the first one chased or something. But yeah, no clue why this happened and I just hope it doesn't in the future.