Is it me, or gens being done absurdly fast durring Scorching BBQ event?

Options
Grigerbest
Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
edited August 2023 in General Discussions

Was there some shadow buff to survivors repairing gens speed durring this event?

I swear to God, my games now are like 4-6 min EACH match and 5 gens being done. I see a lot of BNP (usually 2-3) per match being used, like what is happening? Whats with the speedrun?

I mean, 3 slowdown perks are helping just a little, but it's not enough, and the chases against mft users are so weird... I'm not even gonna lie, I can't keep up with this gen speed if I'm not playing A or S tier killer. -_-

I've seen some challenges for survivors like "Finish repairing some Summer generators", but I don't think like people doing this for so long, and so aggressive.

Is it because of the challenges? Event? You guys see the same in your killer matches?

It wasn't like that before this event, it's nutz

Comments

• spagz
    spagz Member Posts: 91
    Options

I have been using only toolbox builds because of the event offering only being for gens. I think that was the whole point which is why we see killers using BBQ&C and tunneling and camping more than usual. To be honest, this event isn’t that great for both sides. But it is nice to get some extra fun stuff and bp.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,181
    Options

Usually gens are done faster during events as survivors focus more on them and want their bonus bp. Though my matches has gone pretty great recently and I've been enjoying killer more. I won even one match with myers 4 gens remaining.

• Grigerbest
    Options

Oh wait, so bonus bp for survivors only go from completing a gen?! I didn't know tho...

This is what I was afraid of btw.=)

Even if they doing that because of event, they can do the same in any other time... But it was rare tbh before the event.=)

• spagz
    Options

I think the “gen rushing” is happening because of this event. People, like myself, are coming in to the matches with toolboxes and builds specifically for gens with the intention of doing gens because of the event. If I play normal without the offering or going for gens I can probably come out with 20-35k. If they didn’t make the offering for survivors rely on gens only, things would be different. I think I said in a different comment that the whole event is based around BBQ&C and survivors doing gens, if that makes sense?

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,273
    Options

I think it's poor design that the bonus BP is awarded only to the survivors who finished the generators, instead of being given to the whole survivor team.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,063
    Options

I don't know to be honest. It's DbD and SBMM as usual. Couple of days ago I kept losing with my Clown. Tonight I won some matches with him. For the 6 pallet break challenge I switched to Hillbilly thinking I was on a winning streak meaning I'd probably lose that match. I secured a 4K while the majority of my chainsaw hits missed.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Events like this are nice. As they show how fast gens can be completed. Suddenly no one complaints about a 4 minute match...

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894
    Options
  • Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    edited August 2023
    Options

To answer the question yes there has been a buff

survivors: for the duration of the event you're more likely to have all your teammates do the objective instead of going for haha the killer can't catch me doing gens are boring snore

• Grigerbest
    edited August 2023
    Options

I do complain. xD

I just had a match with Slinger...

2 min 12 seconds - 3 gens are done and I have only 2 hooks, 4-th gen were maybe 20% already. Is this normal?

The most stupid thing for me is that, I didn't even chased for long, they didn't brought ANY toolboxes, they've had 2 prove thyself and 1 hyper focus... Thats it.

Good thing I don't even get mad at such matches... I just feel they unfair to begin with

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,376
    Options

They are going extremely fast indeed. I have pretty much stopped trying to defend gens at this. It's not worth the headache.

I focus on getting better with the killer I play instead. That also means I will overcommit to chases and try very ambitious plays even when I'm almost certain it won't work. Because sometimes it does! So far I'm on a loss streak of 8 but that is to be expected.

• spagz
    Options

Or when you basically have a gen at 90 and someone comes up and finishes it and you don’t get the event bp for that gen 🤣 I think this event was an after thought and just thrown in game.

• boogerboy123
    boogerboy123 Member Posts: 119
    Options

you need to drop chase, kick the gen, hit them, and run away

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,896
    Options

It's the only way to get the extra bloodpoints. It's unfortunate because I'm noticing more people being left on hook as well, as team mates prioritise those extra event points.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    Options

Can you blame them how can you ignore free and easy bp

that can get you two levels in the blood web

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,896
    Options

That's fine if that's what you prefer. But I'd like my team mates to be able to participate in the game too.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Don´t worry. Thats normal.

A gen takes a bit less than 90 seconds if survivors can hit great skill checks. Since there are 4 survivors and you can only chase 1. Seeing 3 gens gone in the first 90-100 seconds isn´t something extraordinary. Just survivors being efficient at doing their only objective.

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298
    Options

Granted if the only hooks that were done were after the last gen popped that wouldn’t feel super great, but I’m pretty sure a kill during a match is a kill. Is there a reason when the kill happens is cause for concern? Is it important to not just kill the survivors but make sure they achieve the lowest score and blood point reward they could possibly get?

Anecdotal data point #2, my killer games have been pretty much the same if leaning a bit more toward 4King on or just after the last gen. Only 1 out of all the survivor matches I’ve played across the past few days have had all the survivors escape. There was a good chunk of 4Ks in there as well.

Killers hate hearing the truth. If they stop spending most of their time on things that have no impact on whether survivors stay on gens and actually strategize to create gen pressure, they’re perfectly capable of killing all the survivors. Unless there was an update that makes a survivor doing a gen invincible that I’m unaware of, of course. 😜