Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Killer Idea: The Favourite

LCGaster
LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
edited March 2019 in Creations

Before you start reading I wanted to say that I made this killer because I had an interesting idea for the lore and based the power around that. So if you like lore you might find this interesting.

So, yeah, enjoy and please leave feedback ;)

Chapter: The Entity’s Kiss

Killer name: The Favourite

Benedict’s Journal Entry: “I saw someone today, someone different. None of the beasts I saw until now has ever been this badly tortured, I have no idea of how it is able to move, I almost felt pity for that man. He saw me, he hesitated to chase me, standing there for long moments as if he found a sense of humanity he had long lost. Then I saw that black claw emerging from his back, I knew I had to run” ~ Benedict Baker

Killer Power: Entity’s Gift: The Favourite has one of the Entity’s arms emerging from his back. The arm will always point towards the closest not hooked survivor, it will also not point to survivors who have been unhooked, to use the arm you will press the primary ability button, when using this ability you won’t be able to attack, and when changing to the weapon you will slowed down for two second similarly to the Wraith, the arm will stop pointing when you are within 16/20 meters of a survivor (Unsure about which one or if to make the radius bigger). After hooking survivors for a total of 4 times the arm will change and go behind the Favourite, and then after two more hooked survivors the Entity will rip The Favourite’s back creating a new arm. When The Favourite hooks a survivor he will say one of these lines: “I’m so sorry” “Forgive me” “Poor soul”. Sometimes The Favourite can be heard crying. The transformed arm and the new look different than the ones seen on the hooks, more blade-like than claw-like, the transformed one can be used with the secondary ability button (The Pig’s crouching button), the arm will hit the Favourite in the back giving him a short burst of speed of 150% up to 5 seconds, this ability has a cooldown of 30 seconds. When the second arm comes out The Favourite will scream in pain and then say “Thank you” under his breath. The second arm will take the place of the main weapon, this arm will have a slightly longer lunge than normal.

Killer appearance: The Favourite is a mess, most of his bones are broken, deep wounds cover his body, rusty metal spikes pierce his back and legs, a hook with a chain is still attached to his left arm pulling the skin and exposing bone and muscle. He is extremely thin due to lack of nutrition. The Favourite manages to walk only due to despair. Small fishing hooks pull the skin of his cheek. One of his eyes is a bleeding pulp.

Killer weapon: The Favourite wields a sharp WW2 german bayonet.

Wiping animation:

1. Normal animation: The Favourite grabs the blade of the weapon and pulls it cuttin his palm to feel pain, and remember why he has to do what he’s doing.
  2. Entity’s arm animation: The arm wipes the blood on the Favourite’s face

Backstory: Klaus Lange was a lonely boy, abandoned by his parents at a young age he grew up alone, managing to survive by stealing food and money, he ended up being beaten by adults many times, no one understood how much he suffered, no one understood how cold those nights were. After he turned sixteen, Klaus decided to live in the nearby forest, the Black Forest, a dark and sunless place where nobody could find him. He stole an axe, a hammer and some nails, chopped down some trees and started to build a small shelter to live in, expanding it over time. When he was younger he grew up in those woods, he knew his way around, so when he needed something he went back to the town he used to survive in and steal some more. One day a man caught him stealing a saw, Klaus ran into the forest but the man followed him, Klaus wasn’t very fast at the time, he didn’t feel the need to be till then, the man tackled him and started to beat Klaus to death, the young man was scared, he knew that this disgusting drunk man wasn't going to let him go after a beating, he had to react, Klaus grabbed the saw, pressed it against the man’s side and cut him deeply. The old man cried in pain while Klaus started to get to his senses. Klaus looked at the saw, fascinated by the blood, he smiled, walked up to the man and cut his head off, this started to become an habit, a hobby for him. Luring people in the foggy, dark forest and killing them every time in different, sometimes quick sometimes painful ways, it became fun, he never wanted to stop. When he was twenty three the second world war started, he was upset seeing all those possible preys going away, but then he found a perfect opportunity, the jews. One day he noticed three soldiers chasing a couple of people, seeing the opportunity he decided to help the two, he grabbed an axe and killed the three soldiers and hid the bodies, he then brought the two to his small shelter and they explained him how things were. He was happy, he could use this two poor souls to lure in more prey, he managed to convince one of the two to go and tell others to come to the Black Forest, he convinced them he had good intentions and that it was safe, since no one knew someone was living inside this forest, except maybe for some local legends. Shortly after the man left he killed his wife using one of the bayonets he stole from the soldiers’ corpses, as a sign of gratitude he made sure she died quickly. When the man came back with three others, Klaus told him that his wife went to take a bath at a small lake located nearby. The man went in the direction Klaus pointed towards, he did find a lake, a lake of blood and rotting corpses, once he came back two of the others were already dead, Klaus smiled and killed the last one by crushing her head with an axe, the jew tried to attack him but Klaus was stronger now, much stronger than the boy he was, and easily overpowered the man and again, as a sign of gratitude, chopped his head with the axe quickly. At that moment Klaus felt something behind him, something watching, something dark, he looked around seeing nothing, he decided not to risk investigating, then he hid the bodies and went to sleep. Many more came and died by Klaus’s hands. Then one day a family arrived, the father was an honest man who lived his life baking, the mother was a simple lady who enjoyed knitting clothes, and a daughter of twenty one years of age. Klaus decided to keep them alive for a while, using the mother to make him some new clothes from yarn he stole for the winter. The young woman became very fond of him, Klaus somehow managed to care about her enough to remember her name, Ariela Benario was her name. The two of them started to grow close, this scared Klaus so one night he decided to finally put an end to it. He grabbed the bayonet and proceeded to stab the father repeatedly, the mother woke up and screamed, Klaus grabbed her by the throat and started to choke her. Scared and thinking a german soldier came into the house, Ariela, grabbed one of her mother’s knitting pins, when seeing it was Klaus she was destroyed, in anger for her betrayal she sunk the pin into Klaus’s head almost reaching the other side of his skull, destroying memories and altering his mind. The room quickly filled with a cold, dark fog. Klaus woke up in a dark place, a faint orange light appeared, the Entity arrived. Something was different in Klaus, everytime he was put into a trial he would just stand by, watching the survivors in silence. The Entity knew he had the most talent for killing out of every human it ever laid it’s “eyes” on, it wanted him to help it eat, but every torture it put Klaus through didn’t work, every pain it caused he endured. It began to grow tired of this, it considered many times to dump him into the Void. At that point Klaus looked up, staring straight at it.

“I have a proposal”.

Height: 2.28 meters.

Terror radius: The lack of will to kill makes the Favourite’s terror radius smaller than most killer being at 24 meters at the start of the match, and getting down to 18 meters when the second Entity’s arm comes out when out of a chase.

Base speed: 110%

Perks:

1. Creatures of the Fog: Your close connection to the Entity makes it so it will change the world in your favour. Crows when alerted have a 25/50/75% chance of following a survivor for 50 second and they will give a notification every 25/15/10 seconds when the killer is within 16/24/36 meters from the affected survivor.

“Animals have always been kind to me. I guess they learned I was the one bringing the corpses” ~ Klaus Lange

1. Fear of the Void: You saw what would happen if you didn’t follow the orders. For every 60/40/20 seconds you don’t find a survivor you will gain token to a max of 3, every token will give you a 3/4/5% boost in movement speed, this boost will be lost once you start a chase.

“That place...was even darker than the forest” ~ Klaus Lange

1. Experienced: You have been living this life for a long time, so you found some tricks of your own. When in a chase, after a survivor vaults over a window or a pallet 5/4/3 times within 12/16/20 meters from you the perk will activate, you’ll be able to see pallets and windows auras within 24 meters from you, you can then use the active ability button (Dead Hard’s) to block a pallet or window of your choice for 20 second.

“Ten years of doing the same thing over and over makes one good at it” ~ Klaus Lange

Mori animation: Five “Entity’s arms” come out of the Favourite’s back, four of those stab into the survivor’s arms and legs raising the survivor from the ground, then the fifth arm stabs the survivor in the stomach and throws him/her to the ground. While the survivor is getting killed, the Favourite will look down and say “If you see me again...run faster”.

Edit: Changed a small portion of the power.

Edit 2: Changed the power further.

Edit 3: Expanded slightly on the backstory to understand the reason why he doesn't feel the need to kill anymore without needing explanation.

Post edited by LCGaster on

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I enjoyed everything about this but why did he suddenly lose his will to kill? The intro made him seem like an unwilling tool of the Entity but secretly enjoyed it. The backstory is completely opposite and gives no reason for the sudden lack of bloodlust or desire to kill people. I get he fell in love but he still tried to kill her parents without hesitation so he didn't lose his drive.

• LCGaster
    edited March 2019

@HatCreature There is evidence that enough brain damage can change ones personality significantly. The girl stabs him with the Pin which destroys a good part of his brain but not killing him. This change made him feel guilty for wanting to hurt the one he loved and decided that he would not kill anyone to respect her memory, he doesn't know if she managed to escape from the forest, if some animals killed her or if she killed herself. So basically brain damage caused him to feel more guilt than he did before, and said guilt made him decide to not kill anymore. Also I thought that the brain damage may have lessened his desire to kill in general, kind of like if someone gets hurt badly enough they can get into a coma or forget their past, in his case he lost part of his killer instincts. He still remembers quite a bit about his past, but he also forgot a lot, some things he does out of muscular memory, like the chase and how to use the knife correctly.

In short: Blame the pin.

Post edited by LCGaster on
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

That makes sense, I'm a writer and that's good enough for me lol he sounds really cool.

• LCGaster

@HatCreature

Thank you Hat, I really appreciate it. I like to write stories but I'm no professional 😆

• LCGaster

Please leave more feedback, I know some things are probably not balanced

• SolarFoxVB
    SolarFoxVB Member Posts: 90

I really like what you were going for with this killer, but I'm a little turned off by the arm that points to the nearest survivor. From my point of view, it seems a little broken for it to lead you to survivors AND upgrade later on. Maybe you could have the arm evolve into the second arm when the second one would usually come out?

• LCGaster

@SolarFoxVB

Thank you for your comment.

I actually agree with you, when I first started making this killer I had an even more broken version for his power. I'm going to change it right away, I like your idea, thanks for pointing it out.

• SolarFoxVB

Yay! I did a thing!

• LCGaster

@SolarFoxVB

It is done!

The first version would have required more hooks but would have given the Favourite a non stop Exposed effect, it was bad.😐️

• SolarFoxVB

Also, about the perks, shouldn't they be mostly geared towards the killer they were made for? It seems like Fear of the Void would be a bit counteracted by the first arm.

• LCGaster

@SolarFoxVB

Yeah but in his lore he was about to be thrown into the Void multiple times which scared him, that's the reason why he agreed to hunt, under one condition, so lore wise it makes sense. He's a 110% movement speed killer so that little boost out of a chase can actually help him a bit.

• SolarFoxVB

True, I just don't think that he would be out of chases very often when he has the first arm out.

• LCGaster

@SolarFoxVB

That's true, but since the first arm helps him find survivors he probably won't take too long to have two hooks so he won't have that first arm anymore.

Now that I think about it I need to put a cooldown for the second arm O_O

• SolarFoxVB

I just had a neat idea. The arm should not be able to point to survivors you have already hooked before, and the second arm could come out after all the survivors have been hooked once. There could be some buff to take the place of the 2 hook increase.

• LCGaster
  • LCGaster

@SolarFoxVB

Hey buddy.

I changed the power a bit, can you tell me what you think of it?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

The mori taunt!

Its great

But I like the power and perks, good job m8

• TheNamedStranger
    TheNamedStranger Member Posts: 17

I love this! Honestly the only thing that keeps crossing my mind is trying to imagine Entity arms coming out of his back 😂 That Void perk is neat!

• DogSherry44
    DogSherry44 Member Posts: 2

I actually really like the idea of the entity having a favorite killer. The pin thing didn't become apparent until I read the comments, but I like the thought on how it was reluctant to kill out of respect for the girl he loved. Maybe it's worth a little more re-working or tweaking. Also, I might have missed it, but what was hinted at when he spoke to the entity, saying "I have a proposal" ? What finally made him want to kill again?

• LCGaster

@DogSherry44

Thank you for the comment.

I'll try to change the story to make the pin more apparent. So far I'm happy with the power, suggestions are welcome.

With "I have a proposal" it was hinting to why the Entity is taking a more active part in the match for him, he is required to get six hooks and then the Entity will stop him from directly injuring survivors, since he doesn't want to.

And the reason why he decided to kill again is because he saw what the Void is, one of his perks reflects this, he is scared of the Void and doesn't want to end up in it

• DogSherry44
    DogSherry44 Member Posts: 2

okay, I understand more now. That's really cool! I like how reluctant he is, apologizing to the survivors, also i'm a big fan of talking killers, like how the plague chants. Also his physical appearance would terrify me, and I miss that. My favorite killer to play against aren't those who I can win against easy, or those that abilities really challenge me. Honestly, it's those that just scare TF out of me when I see them. Myers for example. So imagining this disgusting, tortured, skin-peeled back, almost creature-like man running around would mess me up so grats on that! I would love to see this killer make it (or at least a version of him) in game sometime!

• LCGaster

@DogSherry44

Thank you very much Sherry :D

Have a nice day