Garden of Pain

Options

I just want anyone's opinion, as killer, is there a single thing about Garden of Joy that sparks even a modicum of Joy. I've yet to find one

Comments

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 353
    Options

many killers say garden of joy is one of their favorite maps.

• 00berdisc
    00berdisc Member Posts: 96
    Options

Sometimes the map can spawn generators too close

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,691
    Options

Petition to rename it to Garden of Pain. I made a twitch streamer very upset when I kept hitting them with pallets after I forgot to take my offering off for Garden of Pain.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Only won once on there. Very difficult with all the loops, foilage and very strong house. Love the aesthetic of it though.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,147
    Options

I love it as survivor hate it on killer 🤣.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 273
    Options

It depends sometimes it sounds super good three gens, I usually just forfeit house gen and lockdown the others depending on the split. I really like to get into chase early and let that one careless surv drop all the pallets.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 456
    Options

Some of the more creative visual elements are cool. Though i think the color saturation is to dull to appreciate it.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,543
    Options

Visually it looks good, but theres a grand total of 1 thing that brings us joy on that map. Trapping the bottom of the house windows (trapper, artist, hag) and having someone down because of it.

• Exarion
    Exarion Member Posts: 69
    edited August 2023
    Options

yes when I play last games of the day as skull merchant I love getting into garden of joy because survivors are always happy when they see it until the moment they realize I locked 3 gen and will not go to main building or any pallets that are not near that 3 gen

then they die on hook/ragequit if they did not bring proper perks and toolboxes

(:

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 439
    Options

Absolute garbage map as killer, survivors who burn the offering for it should be sent to jail IRL unless they're going for the "complete the main house gen and escape" achievement.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 658
    Options

The main building use to be nasty with old Sadako, you could condemn people pretty fast, but that can be said for almost every other double floor structure at the time. But now that she is reworked... Yeah. It is one of the many maps that basically force me to run ######### like bamboozle or STBFL every single game if I don't want to get curbstomped.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,769
    Options

Had a Trapper bring an offering a couple days ago. He put a trap next to one of the street pallets and I had no option to disarm it. No matter which way I approached it, it just gave the drop pallet option. I doubt he brings it because one spot apparently makes his trap unable to be disarmed but who knows?

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,823
    Options

Garden of joy is my favorite map in the game. Doesn't bother me as killer. I play Freddy and Michael and do just fine. I also find it's great for playing as Trapper. I'm always happy to see that map, regardless of which role I'm playing.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,199
    Options

There are a lot of things I hate about it, but I think an underhated aspect is those stupid bushes. Clunky collision, exactly tall enough to block line of sight, and they're everywhere.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,086
    Options

I once heard the Gen progressing in the Garden of Joy main building, I set a trap under the window before coming up there, survivor dropped down and trapped. That was the most satisfied

And able to trap survivors 7 times in Eyrie of Crows

Not that I like those maps, and new maps are getting less and less grass.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

Pinnacle of Survivor sided map design

• Haven414
    Haven414 Member Posts: 97
    Options

there's some cool dark areas and floating furniture in the house but that's pretty much it

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,357
    edited August 2023
    Options

It's nice to look at while I chill because I loaded up on the only map I refuse to take or play seriously on as killer.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options

This map is absolutely not great as Trapper if the survivors have any braincells at all. No cover whatsoever for traps, and the only places you'd get any value of them are so obvious that they never work in the first place.