The most broken Tome Challenge

Options

how is it after years of this challenge dead dropping from the whiteboards of BHVR's planning, has this challenge been the hardest to even register that you full-filled its requirements. It feels like you need to do this 30 times before it even counts 1. How is it that I can drop off the hill with the killer following me and by landing I trigger Balanced Landing and sprint off while the killer whiffs their attack just for the game to be like "Oh sorry sweetie, my eyes were closed, can you do that again?" I've never seen such a trivial challenge be so difficult to count a single instance.

Comments

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 525
    Options

I never had a problem with this challenge. Are you sure you are falling from a great height? Hills do not count.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,532
    Options

you need to drop from the second floor of a house or something. hills, tractors... do not count

which is just impossible to do on some maps, which is why I hate it...

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465
    Options

It does say "Great Height" tractors/hills etc don't count

2nd story buildings and drops always do

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,415
    Options

The problem is that Balanced Landing has the same wording, but not everything what triggers Balanced Landing also triggers a point for the Challenge.

@Topic:

I recommend to just burn Haddonfield with Balanced Landing. I do this every time and get this Challenge done pretty quickly.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 122
    Options

Pretty much covered but Dead Dawg can be useful as well you get at least two guaranteed, sometimes even three gens at a height that triggers the challenge if you're being chased.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,758
    Options

This is one of the easier challenges to do in my experience.

• XombieJoker
    XombieJoker Member Posts: 36
    Options

Hills do count cuz I got a count from dropping off a hill, but still one of the buggiest challenges to get done. If it's not bugged then do explain why I was chased by a Wraith on Eyrie and I ran up to the second floor, dropped the pallet and waited for him nearly finish his break animation before I fell down to trigger Balanced and cause him to whiff the attack. Oh I guess the 2nd floor Eyrie temple still isn't high enough, maybe I can get a hacker to place me on the top of the Eyrie building, maybe that's high enough

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options

Swamp boats or docks, Haddonfield houses, Saloon uh... saloon, etc.

Hills don't count for whatever reason, even though they proc balanced landing.

• XombieJoker
    Options

"Hills do count cuz I got a count from dropping off a hill"..... I'm pretty sure I typed that followed up by another example of it not working... almost like it really does feel buggy

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,778
    Options

I have also had hills count before. And just now, I jumped from the top of the Chapel three times and it only counted once.

I hate this challenge whenever it comes up -- though it's a little better now that we can at least see in-match whether it triggered.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,085
    Options

Shack count if you drop to lowest part of stairs. But basically you give killer the advantage as he can get easy hit.

• XombieJoker
    Options

easiest by concept, sure, easiest to pull off when it decides NOT to count an instance, no. Still the buggiest challenge to get done and even watching streamers attempt it and seeing that it didn't count an instance or 3.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,876
    edited August 2023
    Options

The 'Great Height' only triggers from the highest point of a hill. That's the threshold. Hills are irregular and most of it isn't actually high enough.

• XombieJoker
    edited August 2023
    Options

yes and again, there's the example I gave on Eyrie on the 2nd floor I drop down just as a Wraith finished breaking a pallet and Balanced Landing got me to speed off causing his attack to miss and I did not get a point off that one. Even in a game yesterday I got hit by an M1 while vaulting the window in the garden of Joy 2nd floor and STILL did not get a count and no I was healthy before taking the hit so I did not get put into the dying state that would have ended the chase... So is Garden of Joy 2nd floor still not high enough?

• ShyPirate
    ShyPirate Member Posts: 365
    Options

I got at least one of the Coldwind tractors to count. I vaulted off the side where you fall directly off instead of the side with the hay bales and it counted.