If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Say goodbye to cheaper Chapters from official stores

Options

So Nic Cage DLC wasn't just unique case, it was indeed new trend going on. If you don't know what I am talking about, on Steam and probably other official stores you could buy full chapters for cheaper than from in-game store.

In-game store it costs you 10€/Dolars, etc. to buy each character separetly or 15€ if the chapter has 3 characters and you won't get any unique goodie like you do with full chapter purchase from stores.

Since Nic Cage, and now with Alien, it's official. The Chapter is priced at 12€/Dolars which is same as cost of previous 3 character sized chapters. Usualy it was always 6.99 which was nice and much cheaper than from in-game store. Now it costs you more than buying it from in-game store and you won't get any goodie. If you want goodie, you have to pay more.

On top of that, there is no option to buy the full chapter for the same price as before without the extra skin(s). You can only choose to pay in-game store (to get you get in-game currency and you probably will have some bit left to make you buy next thing) or you pay extra from official stores.

Just so you know.

Comments

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

So basically they brought back extra cosmetics in Steam but the chapters are more expensive than in the in-game store? i love extra cosmetics but I'd rather not have them than pay extra to get them... (also it explains why I have a Nicolas Cage cosmetic although I never bought one nor did I want one... next time i'll read the fine prints lol)

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

Yeah it's pretty scummy they force you to pay extra even if you don't care about the extra skin and ONLY want the characters. At the very least you still have the option to just buy Auric Cells and get them with those, but we'll see if BHVR changes that at some point.

• apathytheclown
    apathytheclown Member Posts: 295
    Options

What skin do you get for buying the whole chapter?

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

Guess i wait for a sale

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658
    edited August 2023
    Options

I just wanted to let the devs know I'm not a fan of this new trend of increasing the pricing of the DLC Bundle just because they adding a Rare skin to it. It started in the Nick Cage patch and I wasn't too bothered by it since that only came with one survivor so the skin I saw was a way to sweeten the deal but now with the Alien Bundle, they did it again and made it $11.99 for two characters and one Rare Skin(imo isn't even good looking). I liked how you all used to do bundles where a killer and survivor were $7.99 and the only chapters at $11.99 were chapters that came with 3 characters(one killer and two survivors). I hope you all don't continue this trend and go back to the old way of pricing bundles.

I also add if do continue this new trend then plz consider adding something for Killer also. $11.99 just for one extra skin that is only for survivors isn't great for those who play Killer more than Survivor. I would be more willing to pay that price if you also included a killer skin along with a survivor skin. You could easily include the grided xeno skin also. Either way, I just don't think $11.99 is not worth it for 2 characters and one meh skin. I will not be buying this bundle or any more future bundles if you continue down this road of pricing.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    Options

Why not adding two different chapters pack i mean one with surv skin and another with killer skin?

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 760
    Options

So, um, I don't know who's came up with the new DLC pricing logic, which started with Nicolas Cage paragraph, but it's low-key greedy and not ok, in my opinion. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not only my opinion. BHVR, can you please stop overpricing new Chapters for skins, which aren't even exclusive to the DLC and can be bought in the in-game Store regardless?

Since the very release of the game, over half a decade now, Chapter DLCs were released with pricing that kept in mind the characters it included. If such chapter ever included additional charms, skin pieces or full outfits - they were given for free, as a bonus for buying the DLC in the first place. But now, a new Chapter with only two characters (Alien) for some insane reason has the same price as an older Chapter with THREE characters (Project W and, formerly, Stranger Things), while a single-character paragraph (Nicolas Cage) somehow costs more than any of the two-character full-on Chapters to date (well, aside from Alien).

And it'd be fine, if it included any actual additional gameplay content (like, a character came with 6 perks, instead of 3, for example). But no, there's no gameplay content, just a skin, which in DbD has always been an optional part of the in-game purchasing. Now, however, for some insane reason, it's being made mandatory, if the player dares to want to have all character Chapters available. I agree, that if a player was planning on buying every single cosmetic in the game, it's a nice cheaper option. However, for the vast majority of players, who aren't as interested in purchasing cosmetics, as they are in purchasing playable characters and owning DLCs - this is, plain and simple, inadequate overpricing. I also get that you can still buy characters in-game with Auric Cells, but that's not quite the same as getting DLC now, is it? It's like if you were to go to MacDonald's to buy yourself one burger and cola, but the cashier was like "oh, no, you can't buy a burger and cola, you can only buy Happy Meal if you want those, and that will cost you more. if you want a burger and cola separately, go to the supermarket".

Please review your pricing logic, BHVR. This is not normal.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

Players can still buy the chapter for Auric Cells. I would not fret over this.

• Annso_x
    Options
  • Annso_x
    Options

I always bought the licenced DLCs in Steam for steam share but ig it's not a problem anymore lmao

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,155
    Options

And people said I overreacted when I said the Nic cage one was pure greed

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,292
    Options

So to get the grid cosmetic, I have to pay 500 to unlock him, then another 675 also?

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658
    Options

Yup, that is another thing I really hate. Killers don't get anything in these bundles. I will be honest I hate the new pricing logic but I would pay $11.99 if it at least came with both characters and a skin for each of them.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I skipped Nic Cage for this greedy strategy. I am not gonna buy Alien either.

I want to get characters, i don't care about costume even if it is cheaper cuz of bundle.

I will just wait for sale.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Let us make the opinion and let us make a choice if we want the bundle or not. (remember, free cosmetics with chapters existed before and they were free)

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,292
    Options

The game did prompt me when i tried to buy the grid skin before unlocking Xeno. Bit of a rip off in all fairness. 500 for the character but 675 for skin with a little bit of green on is head which you cant see lol

675 for the lot would have made much more sense, still cost 8 quid for auric cells.

• unbearablekilla
    unbearablekilla Member Posts: 2
    Options

I feel the allien should drop victims when hit by flame thrower js

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 615
    edited August 2023
    Options

I don't think we can expect prices never to increase for new chapters. That said, I'm a newer player so I don't know when the last price increase was. But £10 for the Alien chapter is well worth it for me because it's a huge franchise that I've enjoyed for decades. Compared to the price for Nic Cage, it looks like a bargain.

I doubt I'll ever play the same for the Resident Evil chapters though, even if they come with an extra survivor. I have every other licensed chapter (besides Silent Hill) but I just don't care enough about these series to spend the money. I guess at the end of the day, if it's something that players really want, they'll be prepared to pay for it.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,333
    Options

I wait what will happen with Original Chapters. Because it is still entirely possible that the license holders wanted more money and this resulted in BHVR increasing the price, but compensating with a Skin. Next Chapter will be Killer-Only and licensed, so we wont know there for sure.

But I hope that the next original Chapter is back to the old price without any additional cosmetics. Then we know for sure that the licensing is what made the Chapters more expensive and I would be fine with that. If it also applies to original Chapters, I will most likely just get the characters for Shards.