Is hiding prestiges going to stay?

Options

I read somewhere that you were doing a test? Will you decide it stays hidden when anonymous mode is enabled or will it have its own selected option?

Comments

• Objectively_speaking
    Options

It might get its own option and I pray it stays.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Hopefully it stays so I can get my Zarina to P100 without worrying about anything.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,120
    Options

It's A/B testing.

Some have it hidden while some don't.

BHVR takes the stats from these tests to determine if player behavior changes.

My opinion, P100 is just the new P3 and monthly rank before that. Not many know this, but your rank used to be displayed years ago. A lot of people said lobby dodging was because of it too. BHVR removed it and guess what? Players still dodged lobbies.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,864
    Options

I hope so. Lobby dodging will never be fully eliminated but anything that helps decrease instances is welcome imo

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options

I've never understood why it is there.

Maybe if we remove it, it won't actually change anything. But would anything actually be hurt by removing it? The feature doesn't seem to have any benefits, so even if it makes lobby dodging 1% less common it seems a worthwhile change to make.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    Options

Looking at the current Survivor Queue wait times, as long as it is not possible to prepare matches for killer opponents with equal skill ratings, all information that can give us an idea of our opponents' abilities will be kept private in the future.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    Options

Whether I am playing Survivor or Killer, if I enter the same lobby with a group of 2-4 people with similar names with the same characters and skins, or a group where everyone has a toolbox and lights, I will leave. I don't want to go through a long wait to play one game of Survivor just to experience a one-sided game at the end of it, or play with a party whose goal is trolling, not escape.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options

i really hope not but I appreciate Behavior attempting to better the match making.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,548
    Options

POV: You get dodged for having two of the same characters

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

The problem are the backfill lobbies and how the system just takes the next best person. often, not always, completely out of step with the skill level of the rest of the members.

Also what is the reason the killer can see the prestige, name and / or the player profils in the lobby? That only encourages additional lobby shopping.

On the survivor side it looks different. The survivors have to work as a team and for this it is necessary to know a lot about their team members. so it would be great to see the prestige level in the lobby.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 647
    Options

Presrige means absolutely nothing to me but how much free time you have to click a button over and over again so...

• Tiamat_Adara
    Tiamat_Adara Member Posts: 39
    Options

Prestige was never a thing for me to dodge a lobby. I get bored seeing the same charakters over and over again, so if its just Neas, Megs, Fengs and Mikaelas i am more likely to skip that till i find some more variety xD

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    Options

Under normal circumstances, we would not mind at all, but if they have the same skin, charms, or mixed names or call themselves Pulsar, we will consider exiting.

• Foempticol
    Foempticol Member Posts: 232
    Options

That's not fair, it should of been in the beta tab for everyone. Just like wiggling was

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,217
    edited September 2023
    Options

I never got the hidden prestiges that some got. But I hope hidden prestiges becomes standard. I've met tons of mediocre high prestige players, but people will dodge them anyway, both killers and other survivors. It ruins matchmaking.

Before the prestige rework you couldn't see prestiges in lobby, that was perfectly fine.

Post edited by MrMori on
  • Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

I see no downside to keeping it

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

I prefer to know when joining a lobby how it's going to go.

Playing survivor, the three other survivors are high prestige and bringing flashlights, I know they're not going to give a damn about me or the trial. Load up solo survival perks or skip.

Playing killer, I'm low/mid MMR on the killer I'm playing, all survivors are P80+ and loaded with flashlights/toolboxes, I know to bring a meta build or skip.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,548
    Options

Idk how you'd see it was me since I play exclusively Killer.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    Options

It should stay and here’s why:

Several times I’ve loaded into a lobby as a killer and wanted to leave as I’ve been matched with P100 survivors. I know prestige doesn’t = skill, but generally speaking, if someone has that many hours in the game they generally have a good game sense. I’ve been proven wrong time and time again when these survivors go down really quickly and don’t actually loop particularly well, and I’m saying this as someone who plays survivor/killer equally and is probably moderately skilled (as in I’m not Otz/JRM level of big brain, but not a complete noob either).

Honestly, I’ve been absolutely crushed by more low-prestige default survivors than I have the ones with high prestige and fancy skins. I know this is hyperbole, but it’s my genuine experience.