If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Anyone else back out when they see 2+ streamers?

Options

It's usually a sweat fest to get anything done as killer, it's not fun. They're always in a swf, they're always going for clips, and they usually sink 4+ hrs a day in because it's their job.

Not worth the hassle for me

Answers

• Felgoose
    Felgoose Member Posts: 163
    Options

I love playing against streamers because they're less likely to be using cheats.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 268
    Options

Yeah bro I agree with the rest. Most I've played are mid, a few have been really cracked, but most have been fun to interact with after the match. Some get salty and others will cut up with you. As someone who wants to improve after every game the harder the game is the better. I never dodge. You gotta go into those matches with the mindset that even if you get cooked your gonna to walk away with some form of improvement.

• coco_shotz
    coco_shotz Member Posts: 247
    Options

As a survivor getting streamers is hit or miss. You either get a streamer who plays "normally" for the most part (doing gens, getting chased when found and hook rescues) or get one who's literally just memeing with their build and are essentially dead weight and a ggs for the rest of us.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,205
    Options

yes because I don't lobby shop

not how I got good and it ain't how you're going to either

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,172
    Options

I'm mostly fine with playing against streamers.

As long as it's not a full blown SWF with their best loadouts that will go out of their way to leave a bunch of slurs and inappropriate symbols under my steam profile again. Once was enough.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,488
    Options

I like the ones that have the vods saved so I can watch the match from their pov later.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    Options

I tend to come across alot when I hop on at night, but they don't bother me. The vast majority aren't even live so I can't watch later anyway. I got matched recently with one of my favourite streamers (Unholeh), who plays solo and definitely isn't a sweat, so it's not always a bad thing

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

A single streamer is a big no for me.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,222
    Options

Earlier today I would have said no, but after a match I just had versus two identical P100 Feng and two Indentical Nancy, all four with flashlights and one of them had "TikTok" in their name... I seriously considered lobby dodging them when I saw the TikTok, but I didn't.

I wish I had.

They went straight to the killer shack where the basement was and proceeded to juke and spin so they could get downed, then they maneuvered themselves to make sure I would pick up rather than hit others, blind, rinse, repeat, etc.

Then one of them had the audacity to claim that I was the bully for bringing Hubris and they were innocent and right to bully me.

I've not gotten genuinely angry enough to DC in over a year, but... They came in with a plan to get content for their Tiktok, and they succeeded. I do not believe any of them ever intended to play the game legitimately, merely to farm content for their TikTok.

While I know they are going to "spin" my DCing, I really don't care (well I sort of do I guess actually but...) because either way, they were going to get their content no matter what I did. Either I DCed and ended it quickly, or we spent twenty minutes of them alternating blinds before their flashlights ran out of juice. I don't have time for the latter.

So now? I honestly might start lobby dodging those that feel they need to advertise themselves as content creators. We'll see how I feel tomorrow when I am calmed down enough to play again.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,222
    Options

OH ya, that's why my Steam file is set to "Friends Only" can comment. Even if it wasn't for that reason, I also don't want.

+rep great Spirit.

-1rep camper

-1rep Tunneler

-1rep noob

+1rep blah

+1rep blah blah

-1rep blah blah blah blah

Honestly, that serves no purpose but to clutter up my comment section and I don't care. I turn off comments.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    edited September 2023
    Options

bloody party streamers, the offering

edit: nvm

to OP: probably a region thing but i don't crash into streamers often, at least known ones, but i don't care. i wouldn't care if i saw known streamers either, i might get performance anxiety but that's it, otherwise i would love to see their reactions and myself from survivor pov

• Feneroe
    Feneroe Member Posts: 198
    Options

I dodge streamers for one simple reason: I'm not here to be their content.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    edited September 2023
    Options

No, I've never noticed any correlation with BP offerings, and I'd rather score the bonus BP myself thanks.

I usually run streamers myself, as killer or survivor, because we all need BP.

Of all the stupid reasons to DC this is really pushing the limits.

Edit: oh I'm not the only one who misinterpreted this as BPS at least!

As for Twitch streamers, it's never the sole reason, and some games against multiple streamers have been reay good. But streamers + gaudy feng/nea cosmetics + flashlights + last minute switches, sure.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Nah the majority of the time they're just another player, like any other.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I never dodge. Players who stream or have ttv in their name is not a mark of skill. At all.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,896
    Options

I don't know, I like going to the feed to check things out post game.

Interesting to hear people react to gameplay, especially gameplay you are involved in.

Most a pretty reasonable people, a few have been sheepishly apologetic after being very salty in their commentary and some just continue the rage fest. Its all rather interesting and often worth popping by the stream to say hey and GG post game.

The only time I will consider lobby dodging as killer is when I port in and there is a readied up team already there. That makes me suspect its a back fill from someone else's previous lobby dodge and I'm probably horridly mismatched with the other players.

I could be wrong on this but rarely are those games evenly matched. I either have everyone on the ground in the first 2 mins or I get 1 hook the whole match, neither makes for a particularly interesting game.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    edited September 2023
    Options

Nah. Most of them will throw games trying to make really stupid plays for content. Very, very few survivor content creators actually play optimally. Just think of the dumbest thing they could try to make a killer do for content at any given time and don't fall for it. They'll greed every pallet, try to window tech everything, locker juke, etc. It's all smoke and mirrors.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,097
    edited September 2023
    Options

Are you kidding? It's great. I love watching their stream afterward to see how it looked like from their point of view.

There is that too. Usually they die as fast as bully squad members.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

I don't really care much. I often go b to there steam pause or then watch the VOD after match since DBD doesn't have a replay feature. Most of them are SWF and just playing casually with others. haven't seen an active stream that was toxic.