Question about spirit phasing sound

Hey, I started to play spirit and think shes pretty nice. Only could play once against her as a survivor and got confused about the phasing sound her power makes.. or should make.

I thought, when the spirit uses her power and you are outsite of her terror radius, you hear a sound that she activated her power. But as I played survivor against her, I didnt hear anything and she didnt use the prayer beads.

So can someone explain me when exactly survivors hear her activating her power..

Thank you!

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

She might have kept you right on the edge of her terror radius where the heartbeat is so faint, you couldn't hear it.

• PwnyFish
    PwnyFish Member Posts: 70

But how does it actually work? Do you constantly hear her if she is close to you. Or do you only hear her activate her spirit walk?

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

If you are in her TR you won't hear the sound only outside her TR you can hear it unless she's using the prayer beads

So if you're on a gen you hear her TR you know she's coming or around you won't hear the sound when she goes into phase walk

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

She must've used an add-on (prayer beads its a purple one) to remove the whooshing sound

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

If the spirit is trying to mind-game you while you’re at full health or have iron will (this isn’t about the whooshing sound) then watch the hair I’ve lost a lot of spirits cause of this.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited March 2019

The woosh is like a second terror radius. When Spirit enters phase walk she leaves a husk which projects the normal heartbeat terror radius. Anyone inside the heartbeat TR will not hear a woosh just the normal heartbeat. Anyone outside of that will hear the woosh if they are within what would be her TR during phase walk (as in where she actually is) but it is non-directional and non-distance based (so you could be on the very edge or right next to her the sound is the same). If you are outside of both you don't hear anything.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Sounds like you're at the very edge of the terror radius and with you working on a generator, might not have heard it.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

You are on the edge of the TR, I use that to get a jump on people my self and know how far my TR is when playing her so for sure on edge

• Shadowmist
    Shadowmist Member Posts: 2

Is it still outside of terror radius since the update? I still don't know