If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Ultimate Weapon is completely fine.

Options
caipt
caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 401
edited September 2023 in General Discussions

Its absurd how quickly people started malding about how OP it is.

"Its information is too strong"

The info is fine on anyone but blight. I was able to remove bbq and lethal and use uw instead and get similar results, with pain res thrown into the empty slot with blight. same info, more regression.

"The blindness completely counters WoO and other auras for doing almost nothing"

this complaint is a minor one of the bunch, but its still there. if you are seriously getting countered by ultimate weapon because the blindness stole your WoO, then you should dequip WoO and actually learn maps.

"OP on high tiers but bad on low tiers"

only applicable on blight. I will say this perk is completely absurd on blight. My build used to be lethal, bbq, nwo, deadlock. I replaced lethal and bbq with UW and slotted pain res in the empty slot. Same if not more info with pain res level slowdown. However every other killer uses it in a completely balanced way. People commonly cite nurse, blight, wesker and sometimes oni and plague.starting with the elephant in the room:

• Nurse - worst map mobility in the game on non indoor maps, averaging to roughly 4.1m/s. Has a 19m killzone, outside of which her blinks cannot reach a running survivor without a massive time sink. UW range is 32m, and the bubble is very vague on positioning. Unless the survivor is stupid, nurse really shouldnt be able to take successful chases off survivors hit by UW unless they were within 19m when she opened the locker which... is absolutely 100% the survivors fault.
  • Wesker - Massive TR gets maximum info, but its a double edged sword. massive scan, but only decent map mobility to gain those 40m. still quite strong but not broken.
  • oni and plague - oni needs to earn his power so he has a right to be broken while its active. plague getting more than one corrupt purge is on you or your team. And plague being able to find you while you are all infected (denying red puke) is a sacrifice you make for being injured all game by choice.

"100% uptime/cooldown not long enough"

Somewhat true. Its cooldown is mostly over by the time you down a survivor you found with the perk, letting you use it to find a survivor with almost no downtime. If it were to be changed, I say the cooldown should pause while in chase or something of the sort. only stealth killers could bypass this and if we're being honest they're all bad enough that we can just let them have the W.

"it has 0 counterplay"

Only for the first survivor it catches. Once you know its there, you can use lockers like with doctor. And to those saying thats an unreliable strategy, yeah, it is. and it should be. you shouldnt reliably be able to completely deny value. Besides when did perks have no counterplay ever matter? It only matters when the effect is so damn overpowered that it calls for counterplay, like the previous forms of DH. Right now there are plenty of perks many would agree are balanced that have 0 counterplay. Whats the killer meant to do against sprint burst? Or any exhaustion perk, really. Play blight? commit anyways? thats not to say sprint burst is op, because its not. Its just to say that something having low amounts of counterplay coupled with a strong effect isnt inherently overpowered. Its a part of the game and perk design. If every single strong perk had clear, relevant, consistent and powerful counterplay perks would be pointless. besides UW is an info perk; its not meant to have counterplay because all it does is start a chase. You aren't meant to counter UW, you are meant to display your skill in the chase it starts.

In short, ultimate weapon is a fine perk that at most could use a change in how the cooldown functions, and some kind of mechanic to make it less useful on blight than on others.

edit: small changes to make my points more clear, corrections involving errors in calculating nurses killzone. its 19m, not 24. my fault.

Post edited by caipt on

Comments

• caipt
    Options

its only that good on blight because of his mobility, and potentially broken chases when the survivor barely fights back. he effectively cuts the distance betweem him and anywhere he wants to be in half while rushing, getting double value from ultimate weapon with the same cooldown. he would get into the chase at breakneck speeds and end it fast if hes good. only possible downside is him preforming TOO well, to that his chases end before the cooldown so he cant use it like BBQ every hook.

On other killers using ultimate weapon like lethal is effective, but not as much as blight. it basically amounts to a decent amount weaker than if blight was using lethal. Wesker gets cracked info from it thanks to his TR though.

• caipt
    Options

I disagree. the only reason that I was able to get equal value was because it was blight. on other killers I would find it much more preferable to use a combination of perks, like UW+BBQ for example.

• caipt
    Options

So nurse has the best mobility in the game because she can move in a straight line at 4.1m/s, and other killers dont move in straight lines? Thats just not true. the only major obstacles a killer would ever need to walk around are tall wall loops/shack and in some cases, main building. For anything else it takes a split second to just pivot around it. I will agree that yes if your destination needs you to path around large obstructions, nurse is undoubtedly the strongest at it. however, her overall mobility in the straight-line path that in nearly every single case that every single killer takes does average to a little over 4.1m/s. those times where an m1 killer might need to spend 5-10 extra seconds working their way around shack really dont average them out to have worse mobility than nurse. fact is that on outdoor maps with very very few exceptions, you absolutely can just walk in a straight line to get where your going with minimal turns. Those few exceptions being mainly toba landing, badhman and possibly haddonfield. Toba because of the excessive clutter making her mobility stronger comparatively, badhman because she ignores floors, and haddonfield for the same reason. badham especially since she shaves so much time off patrolling main basement. In almost every single scenario nurse has the worst mobility. On GoJ for example, the map is stupid giant and she will absolutely struggle to patrol it. She might get some free hits off main building gen though, which highlights her strengths very well. but that is the only place where her mobility is oppressive outside chase. her mobility is only ever oppressive on multi floored maps, or maps centered around multi floored buildings (I.E. badham and haddonfield). And even then her chase can get completely ruined by the extreme LOS blockers inside said buildings.

Also, stating that as a reason for her being one of the best users of UW ignores one of her core mechanics, her killzone. As I mentioned, nurse has a 19m area around her where she can use her blinks to land a hit. I know I said 24 before, but that was a miscalculation on my part. After reevaluating it and factoring in stuff like distance lost during charge time, Its roughly 18.7m rounded to 19. UW's detection radius is 32m which while very good for info, is not super good for nurses' chase. A smart survivor will run in the opposite direction of the nurse with 0 danger because they are long out of her Killzone. Any scenario where the survivor has a straight shot away from you will result in that UW proc being worthless for chase. If they can only run perpendicular to you however, it can be quite oppressive because your killzone extends fully to 32m since they arent running around from you, just sideways.

(if you'd like to review that math for yourself, the general formula I used was like this: initial charge distance lost+(distance gained from first blink-distance loss on chain blink charge) + chain blink distance gained. with that math I found that nurse will gain 19m on a survivor using 2 fully charged blinks in tandem.)

You misunderstood what I said about wesker. I agree the info is incredibly impactful even if you dont act on it via a chase. My point wasnt that UW isnt good on him because he doesnt have cracked mobility to cover the map and trigger it over and over. It was that he would need to use his power over and over to catch up to a survivor. Though it wouldnt take too long, the survivor will likely find a comfortable tile and loop there as you gain distance. Its easily a very powerful perk on him because of his TR, but for that same reason its not as good for his chase as it would be on someone else.

I've seen people call it a pocket static blast so many times... yeah, it does the same thing at first glance. but saying its the same ignores the fact that static blast does more than give their location. Static blast also progresses their madness, one of doctors main strengths. static blast is only a fraction of doctors power, and just serves to enable his main madness mechanic. Static blast also doesnt take up a perk slot, as its part of a killer power. If UW just procced for yourr TR at the time of opening the locker, and didnt linger, then it would not be worth running on anyone but wesker. Static blast is only good because it can be procced anywhere and applies madness. A perk cant apply madness and it'd be dumb if UW could proc anywhere, so they made it linger and activate on locker searches. calling it a static blast is dishonest, as they serve different functions and are far different in how you access them. One is for enabling madness and is part of the killers power to initiate chases. The other is a perk that doesnt apply madness and activates on locker searches, and because its a perk it should be strong.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,170
    Options

Nurse doesn't have the best map mobility in the game (that goes to Blight) but still her mobility is great because she can travel through walls. Other killers need to go around obstacles, which means they have to take a much longer route than Nurse.

However, UW is fine. The only thing that I would see as problematic is its synergy with DMS on high mobility killers. Other than that, it is completely fine. It is good perk and my guess is it is complained about mainly because it counters WoO. Which is pretty good considering what WoO does for survivors. You can no longer turn off your brain and have a perk tell you what to do, if the killer has UW, sorry.

It is true though, that UW weapon isn't particularly good on low tier killers. Look at Myers, Freddy, Pig, Trapper and Wraith for example. Myers doesn't have the time to open lockers on top of everything else, Freddy makes survivors oblivious, Trapper is Trapper, Pig would already need to know where survivors are to use the information effectively and Wraith is not going to uncloak, open a locker and roam the map like that (no, the meme addon doesn't make it any better).

But let's be honest, most good perks aren't that strong on weaker killers. Just look at the old Ruin + Undying combo, DMS, Pop Goes the Weasel and new Eruption. If a killer struggles with getting survivors off gens and getting quick downs, then all of these perks don't help in the slightest.

• caipt
    Options

great, so now math is just wrong? And on second though 5-10 seconds might have been too high an estimate. Unless they are forced to weave through a main building, it will at most be 3 or 4 to just adjust the angle you are moving at to go around something. Something else I forgot to mention is that those tiles are always found lining the edge of the map, with the exception of main buildings. An m1 killer probably wont even need to go around those edge tiles, because they can just get close enough to listen for the gen repair sound and then leave. They dont always need to kite through and around things and in fact most often dont. Audio is enough to tell if someone is repairing or not, so why waste time searching it visually? At most, some oddly shaped maps will need you to go around some kinda big objects to check a gen, like groaning storehouse. That one gen way out to the side behind the 2 tall wall tiles will need the killer to move a little to either side to check it, while nurse can just keep going. and yes she will save time there, but its like 3s of an m1 killer moving slightly to the left or right. it is not a big deal. and about 3 seconds per patrol of that gen is seriously not a big deal to build up over time. For a 30s time save, you need to make 10 patrols. I dont patrol that often in my games at all, I just use info perks. I probably wont be to one gen more than 7 or 8 times. which on that gen would save me what, 25s in total? for the entire match? please. how is that anywhere near being a high mobility killer? compared to blight of course, who effectively shrinks the map down in half. blight would easily save that in one patrol. wesker would save more time.

Sure there are edge cases like the one you mentioned but ultimate weapon will most likely just proc on someone who isnt in some corner where there's nowhere to go. But its not like survivors are just gonna constantly be in cornered scenarios. wesker will absolutely struggle to chase a survivor with sufficient distance, as it will take at least 3 uses of both charges to gain the 40m of distance if the survivor does not choose to stop at a nearby loop instantly. Playing for distance against wesker can sink at least 36 seconds to use his power that many times; all before a single loop is used. You cant deny that, its just a fact. Ant smart survivor knows when to run and when to hold the loop, and any survivor with a brain will milk that 40m distance for all its worth.

if all static blast did was make people scream around him once a minute it'd be terrible as well. thats why it does BOTH. And since a perk cant have madness, if would be delegated specifically to the once per minute scream tied to a locker. Which would be useless. Maybe saying it was dishonest was a little much, but that doesntmake it less wrong. UW would inherently need to be a better version of static blast because it lacks half of what makes it good.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,067
    Options

Idk how in the world Nurse comes out as a killer with bad map mobility but I also don't really want to join whatever discussion you guys have there... (as far as I'm concerned: depending on where the notification is players will have an idea as clear as their game sense allows of what survivors are doing and where they're going to go and which of them they want to interrupt - and you'll always be able to get there in time as Nurse. That's already 100/100 in the mobility category in my books.)

Now, on the actual topic, I have three issues with Ultimate Weapon:

1) It makes the strongest killers even stronger while being pretty much useless on all the others.

2) It having as much value as two perks combined speaks volumes (actually: it being able to replace any other info perk and combination of info perks, and still providing as much value).

3) One perk being one half of a killer power also speaks volumes as well, especially when it provides the value that you use that part of the power for.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    edited September 2023
    Options

UW is great on Doctor ready to prep the Static Blast. Didn't read whole thread so been mentioned already. Sorry.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

I think the perk is a bit overtuned.

But because DIstortion completely negates every single aura perks I don't think UW is problematic.

Just run Calm Spirit if you really dislike going against it.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,333
    Options

+ that this opened up a Perk Slot for a Slowdown-Perk, probably the strongest Perks Killers have. Should just show how good Ultimate weapon is.

@Topic:

It is still the best Information Perk released since Lethal Pursuer, and maybe even better than this. Plus the synergy with Dead Mans Switch can be really disgusting. And there is not really a counter against screaming, since Calm Spirit is more of a trap than anything else. (I would say that it will still be overtuned when they fixed the Bug that it works against Survivors in Lockers)

• caipt
    Options

you missed the part where that only worked for blight, because hes so mobile.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,333
    Options

That you think it only really works on Blight does not mean that this is the reality. I see Ultimate Weapon on other Killers than Blight as well. People would not run the Perk if it would be only good on one Killer.

• caipt
    Options

My bad. That wasnt to say that UW isnt only good on blight, just that in my experience only he was able to run it and get the same value as lethal and bbq.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Once the locker bug gets fixed I don't think it'll be that bad, but it's one of those perks that's frustrating because it's stronger on stronger killers and the only perk that counters it (calm spirit) is awful so using it is a waste of a slot if the killer doesn't bring UW.

I think a minor nerf (longer cooldown) would be fine though, the perk would still be strong.

• caipt
    Options

yes I feel if anything the cooldown should be extended and/or pause while you are being chased. its effect is fine it just happens a bit too often atm.

• Halloulle
    Options

... just that it doesn't "completely negate every single aura perk". You have three stacks and on many occasions you'll run out of stacks quicker than you can regain them. The only perk that's completely negated initially is Lethal Pursuer - but Lethal has a secondary effect that is not negated once stacks are depleted. You'll routinely run out of stacks against stealth and ranged killers, killers that have aura reading add-ons and killers that have the undetectable status either as a basekit mechanic or due to perks/add-ons.

Plus, comparing Distortion, which counters peks, with UW, which counters an essential base game strategy, is also a bit of a comparing oranges to apples kinda thing.

• caipt
    Options

I'll have to disagree. since you gain tokens in chase its really not hard to keep them stacked.

also by base game strategy do you mean seeing hook auras? on leri's that could be an issue but I dont see that being a big deal anywhere else. on an outdoor map all you really need is the general direction.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,410
    Options

You really only run out of Distortion tokens against killers with stealth or a small terror radius. Like, against a Huntress with a full aura-reading build, or a Pig with Amanda's Letter, yeah it can happen. But 95% of the time Distortion is effectively infinite. It's supposed to be limited by its token system and for the most part it really isn't right now. That's why I think it's overtuned.

• Halloulle
    Options

Being in chase enough to reliably regain tokens even against e.g. Huntress, Slinger, Wraith, Onryo, avid Plaything-Penti-enjoyers and quite some others defeats the point of Distortion since you don't get a fraction of the value (except maybe if you hate Lethal).

By base game strategy I mean that "stealth when the killer is nearby" is a core mechanic and essential. (And I do not mean blendette style stealth but strategic stealth-moments especially when the killer is nearby.) - Granted, if the devs declared goal is to remove stealth gameplay entirely then that part is fair game, I assume - but in that case we'd inevitably move to chase being even more important than it is now and survs having to be even stronger in chase because it's the only thing left (except for crouching on the opposite side of map from where the killer is....). I think it's a terrible idea to entirely remove a core mechanic / introduce a perk that pretty much unconditionally and entirely removes a core mechanic.

(And because it's prominent thing on the forums atm; the same goes for mft, btw. That one is also way too unconditional for the impact it has. But that's just an aside, am not planning on opening an entire other can of worms here.)

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,460
    Options

I've dropped every other tracking perk since UW release. No reason to use any other info perk when UW exists now and does everything better without having to put any work in. I don't have to hook some one or anything I can just open a locker and know where everyone around me is for 30 seconds straight. It honestly feels like a cheat LOL.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

I wouldn't say Ultimate Weapon is completely fine, but I definitely don't think it's OP. It's information on demand (provided you have a terror radius, which is more of an 'if' than I think some would admit), but it's the weakest form of information. Screams are useful, but they're nothing compared to auras; they're barely above loud noise notifications, frankly.

Even if the killer knows where you are, that doesn't mean you're automatically helpless. It doesn't even help them in that chase, it just has them start it quicker with less wandering around searching for someone.

My issue with Ultimate Weapon is the Blindess it inflicts, and even then, it's not OP, it's just obnoxious. The Blindness isn't helping any killer in any conceivable way directly, it really just irritates the survivor without providing much reliable benefit. I'd like to see the Blindness removed, or at the very least lessened. Let me use my Detective's Hunch in peace :(

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 389
    edited September 2023
    Options

It really becomes a problem when the killer is trying to win. It's impossible to solo unhook against any killer running it. If it was allowed in comp, it would be used in 100% of games.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    edited September 2023
    Options

Yeah, this is definitely a problem that inexperienced Doctor players have. If you run CS, they will blitz right past you, as they are just autopiloting with the static blast. They won't even notice your portrait change.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515
    Options

Why would you put Ultimate Weapon on Blight in place of Lethal+ BBQ?

You can use that aura combo to see through the objects and bounce to flick a player with no line of sight.

Lethal+ No where to hide provides the same setup.

Thats a lot more better than hearing a scream over there, and having to actually chase someone assuming they don't move.

There are a lot of reasons not to like Ultimate Weapon. The blindness is annoying, especially when you're not paying attention and have a low contrast map and have to ask someone where the hook was. It works very well to intercept an unhook, which usually means a third survivor has to come off the generators to complete the unhook, and if they're extra special in their approach can result in three survivors down and hooked very quickly. But these are all misplays. Paying attention, taking a different approach to the hook, a lot of things can remedy the issues the perk causes.

It just seems like this perk upsets certain players because it demands they examine what they're doing, it doesn't have a clear way around it, like approach such loop from this side and face in wall for 3 turns before the pallet drop. I'm honestly confused about why people who get bored with the game play loop or so put off by new stuff.

• Melinko
    Melinko Member Posts: 291
    Options

UW activation is even less risk when placed on Huntress or Trickster who have a normal reason to be in lockers often.

I always find it funny that people say MFT was too easy and there is no risk. I mean, other than spending the entire match injured of course... MFT versus a stealth killer or a killer running any number of perks to remove or transfer the terror radius doesn't do much. It just means you have to hit them and let them sprint their MFT using butt away and catch them at a later time while still injured.

I've watched so many good streamers playing killer where they get a hit and leave and go get another hit on another survivor. Just injurying the entire team and then bam, rolling up suddenly on a guy with MFT when it just doesn't help them.

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 210
    Options

I think you know it is broken overpowered and scared it is getting nerfed and trying to justify it yet did a horrible job doing so. An Infectious Freight on demand with blindness. I cannot believe it was released, but I guess we need an OP P2W killer perk.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

UW is so good that it makes every other info perk irrelevant. That's the opposite of fine.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,164
    Options

While using more slowdown and less info he got a similar result, so its balanced?

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 353
    Options

Killer : where is survivor hiding?

-open a locker-

Killer : Ah there you are

Find survivor within 32meter (most killer TR) of killer position for 30 second, That kind of perk is okay? Wow...

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    edited September 2023
    Options

it just needs a shorter active window and a slightly longer cooldown. say active for 5-10 seconds and goes on cooldown for 40s. no info perk is that reliable and comfortable right now maybe except nowhere to hide, but that still needs a progressed gen that's not regressing, and it's dead in end game.

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542
    Options

Remember when the doctor could reveal survivor's locations contently?

And everyone agreed... no that's kind of stupid and they reworked him.

Glad they turned that same power into a perk.. so every killer can be just as annoying.

"Ultimate weapon is fine." Which is why eery killer is running it and has replaced virtually all other aura reading/ info gathering perks immediately.

That's not even addressing the fact that this perk has a second affect of applying blindness. Which it does way better then most perks that do it. Why run hex the third seal when I can blind them every 30 seconds... and that's just a bonus to its main power.

In all seriousness this perk is ridiculous and if left in its current state will make a massive amount of perks obsolete.

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 250
    Options

It shouldn't trigger while you are moving IMO. That's too much. Just make it trigger once when you open a locker.

• caipt
    Options

in all fairness, at least UW has a cooldown and (after the bugs are fixed) lockers and calm spirit will provide decent counterplay. if it were to be changed it should gain a token per hook or something like that, or double its cooldown.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,199
    edited September 2023
    Options

its not that math is wrong, it just doesn't represent what actually goes on in a game because there's just WAY too many variables. Also even just 3-4 seconds saved every time still adds up VERY quick

That Wesker case is, again, assuming its a straight line but also that every map is just a long corridor where the Wesker is doing nothing but mindlessly follow the exact path the Survivor is taking with no attempt at cutting them off.

That's true, how ever that still brings up the fact that a perk being compared to an entire killer ability should not be a thing.

Post edited by Shroompy on
  • caipt
    Options

you say infectious fright on demand like infectious fright is somehow a perfectly made strong perk and UW is instant op powercreep on it. infectious is bad on anyone but the best nurses/blights, and sometimes oni and plague. and the blindness is only good if the survivor is being boosted by WoO.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,039
    edited September 2023
    Options

Considering it is the strongest killer info perk currently, while having very low CD, on top of a very minor requirement to use, on top of being completely unavoidable unless using an specific bad survivor perk, on top of giving a 30sec blindness debuff every time.

It Sounds overtuned to me.

Edit: and this is not considering the effect staying with the killer for 30sec, or how obnoxious it can be in small maps like Midwich/Dead Dawg or its sinergy with DMS.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,045
    edited September 2023
    Options

Yes, the ability to reveal the location of survs map-wide + blindness to-go tied to a meaningless CD. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be. Now choose one or the other. If not, then MFT is completely fine too.

• nf452
    nf452 Member Posts: 18
    Options

There is no such thing as an "infectious fright on demand". You can't have infectious on demand, when you have to work for it and down a survivor. It's not as simple as opening a locker. In addition they have to be in your terror radius in order to scream, when you down the survivor. UW follows you for 30 seconds. It is information given "for free" to the killer, especially to players that are bad at tracking survivors.

Its cooldown and duration need to be balanced. 30 seconds is way too much duration. 15-20 seconds should be more than enough and a cooldown of 40 seconds, instead of 30 seconds. As it has been said this perk actually affects the high tier killers, making them even stronger, while giving to liitle to nothing, to lower tier killers.

Now on the ridiculous "decent" counterplay statement, provided by lockers and a complete waste of a perk slot that calm spirit is.. First of all you dont know when the killer is going to open the locker. But let's say that they open it after hooking a survivor. So you are telling me that for 30 seconds the "counterplay" is to hide in a locker? That is worse than the incapacitation status caused by pre-nerfed eruption and also without needing to down a survivor, after kicking a gen. If we are talking about a decent counterplay it that of lockers to BBQ. Not lockers to UW. Anyway, im not concerned by the killer finding me and as most survivors the chase is the fun part of the game. The only issue would be if a survivor is at death hook or injured in an unsafe zone, especially against a killer with a powerful ability. Also the scream animation can prove devastating in the case of DMS that was already mentioned, but also when cleansing a hex totem.

I think blindness is fine. Of course same duration after the inevitable nerf at some point. Good survivors look at their surroundings, when working on a gen, so the blindness caused by UW doesn't do much. And i think i saw WoO mentioned again. Seems like killers dont seem to understand that especially in soloq, it is important to know your reamining resources. And again to those delusional players, who think that WoO is a boost that guides and dictates how the survivor will run a tile, or that it removes any mindgames by a good killer..then run zanshin tactics, if you are so bad at chase with killer.. Sarcasm..

• caipt
    Options

Ridiculous? While saying calm spirit might be semi viable was admittedly a stretch, lockers will be plenty. or at the very least its better than nothing. What would you propose, a full rework? Besides, the fact that its even possible to completely deny it without a perk is strong enough as is. Its on a cooldown and is an info perk, it shouldnt be able to just consistently be countered. Theres nothing a killer can do against fogwise (not that UW and fogwise are anywhere near each other in power) because its meant to provide information. Same goes for pretty much every info perk in the game, the good ones at least. Its not like UW just instantly makes the chase easier, it just makes getting into one faster. If UW catches you, actually run the killer and waste their time instead of stealthing the whole game.

the blindness is fine I agree. WoO might not give you skill per tile, it definitely removes almost all skill from chaining them. If you feel a little worried you might not make another couple loops you can just chain out to a smaller pallet that WoO revealed to you, then chain back once that pallet is down. Map knowledge becomes irrelevant with WoO for the most part, so its always funny WoO crutches just fail because they cant play map wide osu. WoO crutch as in someone whos only looping skill is running in a circle and running towards the yellow rectangle after they pulled first rectangle.

• nf452
    edited September 2023
    Options

Of course and im not proposing a full rework. The duration and the cooldown of UW needs to be adjusted though. I would actually remove the scream and its animation part and would give the perk a full aura read, so that its DMS and totem cleansing synergies are removed. That would actually reduce it to a pure info perk.

For someone who has played the game long enough the map knowledge provided by WoO is not much at all. Think of maps like midwich, RPD, glenvale, garden of joy, ormond among others. Many of the tiles and the map structure remain the same. You already know exactly where the tiles are. You dont need WoO to show you. You dont know though if pallets in an area have already been used. What you are referring to is not map knowledge, but luck or lack thereof. I dont want to count on luck if i know that e.g 10 seconds of extra chase could help your team finish a gen. You dont need WoO to tell you what kind of tile is that you are seeing ahead of you. And no i disagree that WoO is a crutch perk, when the killer can still mindgame you.

• nf452
    Options

Of course and im not proposing a full rework. The duration and the cooldown of UW needs to be adjusted though. I would actually remove the scream and its animation part and would give the perk a full aura read, so that its DMS and totem cleansing synergies are removed. That would actually reduce it to a pure info perk.

For someone who has played the game long enough the map knowledge from WoO is not much at all. Think of maps like midwich, RPD, glenvale, garden of joy, ormond among others. Many of the tiles and the map structure remain the same. You already know exactly where the tiles are. You dont need WoO to show you. You dont know though if pallets in an area have already been used. What you are referring to is not map knowledge, but luck or lack thereof. I dont want to count on luck if i know that e.g 10 seconds of extra chase could help your team finish a gen. You dont need WoO to tell you what kind of tile is that you are seeing ahead of you. And no i disagree that WoO is a crutch perk, when the killer can still mindgame you.

ss. What is with this site? If i try to edit my comment twice it gets deleted or sth.

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 210
    Options

Pressing a button and instantly knowing where everyone is location is overpowered. Why are we not balancing around the strongest killers? If it is even a bigger problem on some killers then it needs to be nerfed.

• caipt
    Options

because its not a starstruck nurse with awakened awareness situation. its not so broken its completely unwinnable.