Your absolute favorite perk

Options
HerInfernalMajesty
HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,174
edited October 2023 in General Discussions

What is your favorite perk in the whole game? You can only choose one. It doesn’t matter how good or bad the perk is, all that matters is that it is your favorite one.

Mine is Bloodhound. I love that I can see blood trails so easily. It makes tracking the Survivors down so satisfying and fun. Just follow the blood and there is a prize at the end lol.

Runner up perk would have to be Streetwise. It feels so good using a Commodious Toolbox with Wire Spool and Spare Parts.

What is your favorite perk and why?

Comments

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,259
    edited October 2023
    Options

Enduring or self-aware

not getting what feels like a 2-3 business week stun with it is why i can't live without enduring

Post edited by Steakdabait on
  • D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 744
    Options

Soul guard

mostly because I love it’s icon design with the seal do metatron from silent hill 3

and weirdly enough I sometimes just add this to my builds without any perk synergy which often renders it useless most of the time but it still looks cool

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 949
    Options

Lethal Pursuer is in most of my builds, allows me to gauge the best target right at the start instead of losing 2 or so gens within the first minute because i opted to patrol this way rather than that way.

• Juicyman
    Juicyman Member Posts: 134
    Options

Hex: Plaything is probably my favourite and I think it's one of the best designed perks in the game since it:

• Encourages hooking all different survivors.
    • Gives Oblivious, one of the few effects that make the game even just a little scarier.
    • Provides a secondary objective in having to cleanse up to four totems which is nice, earned, slowdown.
    • Or risk ignoring the totems for a more tense experience which is usually pretty fun to play around.
  • Tiamat_Adara
    Tiamat_Adara Member Posts: 39
    Options

I am addicted to Agitation - even without synergizing perks it helps out in situations with bad hookspread (not looking at you, Midwich) or Boil Over and Sabobuilds, speeding around with a Backback gets me hits on nearby survivors and i just like how it speeds up the whole hooking process to get me back into chase faster

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,466
    Options

Bond! I feel so lost when I don't have it 😭 and I always get value from it no matter what.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

For survivor it has to be Calm Spirit. I played against Doctor when I first starting playing two years ago, and immediately added it to my loadout after the match. Avoiding having all that noise pumped into my head is my number one priority. It's terrible with headphones on.

For Killer it's gotta be Nurse's Calling. I don't know why more people don't run this perk, it provides almost universal value throughout the match.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,451
    Options

killer - nowhere to hide because not camping and patrolling some gens like a good nice killer just to find noone is annoying and i don't want to regret not camping.

survivor - botany. it's just so free and healing feels like such a chore without it.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 889
    Options

For killer: Depends of the killer. But in general i would say Nurses calling + Sloopy combo its cool. And in less meta terms Iron maiden its fun to use.

For survivor: Altruistic perks and bomb perks. I would like to use more boons but people runs a lot of time inner healing so F.

• Nightmarefan
    Nightmarefan Member Posts: 65
    Options

On Killer I can't run without Iron Grasp, the moment I do heres comes Boil Over gamers which can be really frustrating(I play on ps4).

On Survivor I almost never play without Distortion since I hate being the 1st targeted.

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302
    edited October 2023
    Options

Killer - I would say Brutal. I run it on all my killers (m1 gamer here) but I will say Fire Up has always been a perk I am eyeballing. They just need to increase the numbers to make it worth while. I'm thinking 10% each token. That's a max of 50% only in end game. Would also still be worse than Wraith crack head build. I really want to see how the pickup animation would look at 50%.

Survivor - Head-on is my favorite. I'm a solo gamer and the amount of killers I made think I was in a swf is nuts. This perk after 4500 hrs still makes me laugh each time I body a killer.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,368
    Options

BBQ and Lethal Pursuer. I love both of them. BBQ is just nice to have and Lethal Pursuer fixes an issue as old as the game itself. Spawns.

Shadowborn is not really in my favorites. It's an addiction.

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 452
    Options

Deception

• Agt_Scully
    Agt_Scully Member Posts: 154
    Options

Balanced Landing 🤸‍♂️ - I have this perk on all my Survivors. I play the vertical game on all the maps (a few are very flat however) and I love the fact that there is no delay when falling from heights AND the sprint burst as soon as you touch the ground. The perk creates more distance from the Killer than vaulting through a window or over a pallet.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

Probably I'm All Ears. I run it on so many killers because being able to know exactly where someone is after they vault to break LoS is super useful info. Especially on killers that can capitalize on that info, like Slinger, Huntress, Demo, Executioner, etc. I once had a person DC on me after I used I'm All Ears to spear them immediately after they emerged from cover, and man do I chase the high that that caused.

• ironligma
    ironligma Member Posts: 117
    Options

I love we'll make it, desperate measures, and no one left behind. All these perks affect healing and other than we'll make it it makes unhooking in the killers face super easy. Gonna have to go with desprate measures though I suffer when I don't have it.

Killer, easily deadlock.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 338
    Options

shadowborn. defult fov is ######### lol

• Kuffowi
    Kuffowi Member Posts: 62
    Options

'2-3 business week stun' is now singlehandedly my favorite thing to say when i get stunned

i like alert simple becuase my first main was feng and it gives a little bit of info as to what gen others are working on and who is looping the killer where so i can help them or flashlight save them lol

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,864
    Options

I don't use it enough but I think We'll Make It is the best perk. It can really carry a team.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options

lethal pursuer for killer and distortion for survivor which means i counter myself

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 456
    Options

Thrilling Tremors, its both a stalling and info perk at once and can't be countered by perks like Distortion.

Not to mention that a few Killers like Doctor can use it in a very nasty way.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,427
    Options

For Survivor - Tenacity - I love slinking away while a Killer slugs then watching them in the distance cricling round looking for me.

For Killer - Hysteria - Not that good, but for some reason I really enjoy trying to make builds around it... the odd moments where a survivor thinks they've ditched me, just for me to pop up elsewhere are great.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

If we get only one from both sides it would be franklins. We really do just love making survivors drop items, then we watch as many choose their item over their life.

• LinKueiBrony
    LinKueiBrony Member Posts: 13
    Options

Blast Mine. Always brings a dumb smile to my face when I get it to go off.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    Options

Dark Devotion. I find it a fun way to have stealth. I enjoy the amount of times I get a gen grab or seemingly scaring the pants off unexpecting survivors.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Knockout

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Safe the best for last

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

Killer: Surveillance

Survivor: Leader

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,140
    Options

Know there is a Gen because seeing a teammate is working on so you can join. Seeing a teammate means able to get a heal. Seeing a teammate running around with TR means knowing Killer' direction. Seeing a teammate near hook to coordinate unhook

And most of all, seeing teammates are working on Gens while you're in chase; you can leave the area to make sure not interupt them.

Seeing teammates' aura is strong enough, but knowing other infos because of their animations is so valuable.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,552
    Options

Save the best for last.

Played with it for almost 2 years at this point. I love the faster chases and the counter to shift w. It also feels like you level up for every hit you get.

• Jocelynbee
    Jocelynbee Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,253
    Options

Survivor: I bring Empathy on everyone. I adore being able to see my injured queuemates if they need help, and also helps me know if a loop is ongoing, and when I may been to break off to another generator or get ready for a save.

Killer: There are so many fun synergy combinations, but overall, Mad Grit is always a good time. It's funny on literally every killer.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064
    Options

Distortion - love it when I lose a token and I know the killer will not come to my direction.

Bamboozle - it still surprises survivors; especially great around the shack.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    Options

Object of Obsession

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options

I need to try that! It sounds really fun! I LOVE scaring the Survivors.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,778
    Options

Bond

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options

I won’t lie, after leaving Dwight and his perks behind to try new ones it felt pretty weird/lonely when I stopped using Bond.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options

I enjoyed Calm Spirit with Jake more than I thought. It felt great knowing he wouldn’t scream. Plus, I underestimated how good it was to not set the crows off.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options

I am with you 1000000% on Iron Grasp. It’s always in my Killer kit no matter what. I tried running without it a couple of times but was too spoiled by having it. There is so much going on as Killer that the last thing I want to do is worry about making it to a hook in time.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,197
    Options

Distortion is my ride or die.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options

I have always wanted to make a build centered around Tenacity, I’ve just never gotten around to it.

A Hysteria build honestly sounds like a lot of fun.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options

It’s so funny as Survivor when you suddenly realize you’re not carrying your item anymore. It’s even funnier when you see that another Survivor picked up and used the item you dropped earlier in the match 😂

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options
  • GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Light-footed has been my favorite as of late. It’s so slept on and can bamboozle so many killers in a chase. A lot of fun plays you can make with this perk.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    Options

I’ve been running this one lately! It’s so good. You can make the Killer think you are going one way, then change directions after it wears off. Plus it’s so great to constantly be keeping tabs on where the Killer is. This perk helped me so much when it came to learning not to be afraid of the Killer lol.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,379
    Options

Shadowborn. Motion sickness. But in terms of not just for accessibility. Probably bbq. Downtime between chases isn't fun for me.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    edited October 2023
    Options

Killer: stbfl

Survivor goofing around: dramaturgy because screaming on command be funny and the all mighty pebble heck they pair well together as you can scream to get the killer to come near you so you can refill the pebble

Survivor normally: deja vu