The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Cheaters are out of control. AGAIN

First game : speed hack

Second game : insta gen repair

Third game : teleport, insta gen repair

Fourth game : insta heal ( without perks/medkit) and speed hack

quit, uninstall

Thanks BHVR for doin nothing to prevent cheating

Comments

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,536

Is it really that bad for you? I haven't played in a couple days but before that it was fine for me. I would get the occasional gaming chair enthusiast but not regularly. Whatever they did, they improved the situation dramatically.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,722

i don't remember the last time i got a blatant cheater. hopefully they are taking care of the issue if people actually encounter many hackers.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,399

Same. I wonder if there's a region where hacking is more popular/prominent.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

EU server after midnight you're guaranteed to play with or against cheaters, if you play on steam always dodge anonymous mode with globe symbol, these are epic games accounts not console, they cheat 9/10 times

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,137

I play on Nintendo Switch with crossplay on. 98/100 matches all the Survivors have a globe. No Way to tell if they're PC or another console unfortunately. I do avoid anonymous though, even if I'm playing Survivor.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,827

I can confirm. Any time after midnight central is usually going to have at least one cheater in every match. I had 5 in a row last night, two of those matches had a full stack swf cheat squad. I usually try to avoid late night dbd sessions due to this.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,137

I just had a match with a speed running Yui who could blind me multiple times even though I always run Lightborn. Bloody Partystreamers were offered so I just farmed. Unbelievable.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,461

Im not saying cheaters dont exist, its just people are just obviously exaggerating the amount of cheaters they go against in posts like these. Some times even describing a scenario where cheats were most likely not in play but they were outplayed so theyre hoping they were just for an excuse.

• Amshnock
    Amshnock Member Posts: 51

first game of the day speed hacker. and gen hack. I was on the silent hill school map. I could hear the gen start above me started with no progress I look up see its red aura within about 5 seconds it was done. I found him with BBQ after hooking and his red aura was flying down the hall way to next gen done. I went to here he was and he already unhooked. I seen him run down hallway to the gen I passed a few seconds before no progress he sat at it as I was running up to him done just as I hit him. ran again rounded a corner and insta healed. the gens lasted about 1 min and 30 sec. he ran to exit gate and insta opened it teabag. all other players went to the door and pointed at him shacking head no. they even knew he was hacking. He even was coming out the gate to run around me. I was able to hit him he got stuck in the corner with the speed boost with his speed hack the blocked him I downed him hook him. they all took turns acting like they where going to unhook an canceled it. they all did this until the timer ran out and died. even got a message from one saying he was a hacker.

next match another speed hacker could not even hit him once he was trying to hide it but you can tell. it was like MFT with hope but never injured. I tried for 3 gens was going slow then I just stopped and stood still he would sit infront of me teabagging the rest of the game.

Its worse then most would think. say you have 3000 hours in the game and never seen one your ether a hacker our your MMR is trash. seems to be up in the high/mid MMR is where I see most. Like with my nemesis lvl 40 and bubba are lvl 27 every game is hacks almost. my lvl 1 oni all new players.

I even tested it. I got Ghost face played was all new players for the first 5 to 8 games then I got better players for the next 10 or so games. Played and leveled up ghost face to lVl 9 and on most games then i started to get a hacker every few games at about lvl 15 and some more games later Started to get more. I could tell the difference between the good players and the hackers. it just feels abit off you know.

• Shroompy

"Im not saying cheaters dont exist"

-Shroompy. Friday October 06 2023

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323
    edited October 2023

And what I'm saying you is that right now, I believe that someone can face 2-3 cheaters in a row, as the number of cheaters caught in camera has being rising from a couple of months ago. Imagine the number of them that are not caught. Not saying that there isn't times when it is pure copium, but how things are right now I see it feasible.

I would like for people to record those things and post it so their claims are more believable and of course to report the cheaters with video evidence, but again, seeing that so many people has notice this increase on cheating I don't think claim like this are far from the truth right now.

Post edited by Batusalen on
  • zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 915

I wouldn't say "out of control", but I have noticed a significant uptick again, on both roles. Encountering multiple killer cheating bots that just instakill everyone and spam their websites in post-game chat. Had survivors finishing gens instantaneously, blinding while looking away, "subtle" speedhacks, the works. Wallhacks are popular all around, and you cannot really conclusively prove someone is using them from a third-person perspective, no matter how blatant it may be.

But I have long given up hope that people that really want to cheat will be prevented from it. I know about players that have admitted to cheating years back, and they are still playing on those same accounts. EAC is not good, and "subtle" cheaters won't get banned through manual reports. A replay function in DbD would be great, and not only to more readily and conclusively be able to report cheaters. But even that seems impossibly unlikely.

• Amshnock

it started to get bad after the BBQ event. would be nice to get a reply from bhvr that they are working on it

• Samwill226
    Samwill226 Member Posts: 41
    edited October 2023

Came here looking for validation that what I have seen is real. Tonight 4 matches 2 were cheating. I caught one team flying around the map behind walls but I saw enough in chase to see how ridiculously fast they were going. They also love to Tbag which is just sad.

Behavior isn't going to do anything about it. In another forum there were links to where you buy them. I'm on console but I was amazed you could get insane cheats to basically own the game for under $10.

I just don't get it, you're not being challenged at all. There's not a game best player ranking system. So why even do it? I get there's no risk but you are admitting you suck at the game and had to use cheats because everyone sees it. Plus when a team does it... Lol come on really? It's pitiful to see players run into closets through a wall.

Listen you want to use cheats whatever, Behavior won't stop it just don't be an ahole and act like you're that good, you aren't and yes we know you use cheats. I'd have more respect if you just did your part and left the game instead of gloating. If you cheat save some face do your gens and leave. Have some respect to get me out of the match as quickly as possible.

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426

This happen to me yesterday !

Survivor 1 : Dead

Survivor 2 : On hook

Survivor 3 : in chase

Survivor 4 : trying to unhook

Gen pop.

Now there are 5 survivor in a game ?

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,237

I started recording it using medal, but im pretty sure that you cant post it here, because of forum rules. I had one banned recently, but the time i need to put into one report holds me from reporting it 5/6 times, its a very "clumsy" report system.

• Etherelda
    Etherelda Member Posts: 28

Just got forcibly kicked & leave penalized in a 3k game proceeding to hook the last survivor (who was a very cocky Nancy with empty Steam account btw), I can tell it was not a sudden server issue because server-wide troubles don't apply leave penalty and it happened right at the moment I began the hook action.

• Amshnock

Yes they are back again. They where gone for about a week after the AFC. Yesterday had two hacking killers. a deathslinger that had wall hacks and could shoot through the walls. and a nimmy that had speed hack and wall hack. He out ran me in middle for sprint burst hit then got me in middle of the hit burst. about 4sec down. Recorded an reported both.

I notice they do somthing about it. I get ingame pop ups saying they took action for exploits. But I dont know if they ban them or give a warning. Its getting out of hand.

all of my friends have stopped playing I thought it was the face camping/tunneling. I asked a few about 10 of them and the reply I got was hackers. my son even stopped playing on PC because of hacks.

I play on PS5 so reporting them is a struggle. I shouldn't have to spend a hour or two a day cropping and uploading videos. I have a 2TB drive almost full of videos.

• Batusalen

Hide the names with a video editor like I did and AFAIK there should be no problem. If you don't have one, Davinci Resolve is free to use and there is plenty of tutorials in youtube for it.

And yes, I agree that cheater reporting is time consuming and even confusing, as I have seen some devs and mods say that sending video proof is optional, while others said that it is the only reason for reporting where it is needed to open a ticket and send video proof.

But, at the end of the day, if we want to get rid of them it is the only thing we can do at the moment.

• Unknown2765
    1. I already spend more than enough time on reporting, i would hate to feel that i need to spend more time to post proof of cheaters on the forum.
    2. I dont have video editing software, or the knowhow to use it.
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,142

The Dbd Leatherface was using the TCM chainsaw to start up faster.

• Shroompy

Because I dont experience it, those that I know who play the game dont experience it, and finally most big content creators dont experience it.

Everytime some one comes out and says "I face cheaters all the time" its also followed by "I dont record my games".

Again, Im not saying the occasional cheater doesnt exist, but I am 99.99% sure that most people saying they go against them practically every 3rd game is just coping

• Unknown2765

I do record clips of my games, if they have cheaters, but as i said, we are not allowed to post it here and i when i was a killer main i didnt have the recording software, the one i use now is something my son showed me.

• Shroompy

you can post it as long as you blur out the names, which is not hard to do

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426

And then what ? Let's say i post here 10 videos of cheaters..what happen next ?

• Unknown2765
    edited October 2023

I already replied to that - https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3565024/#Comment_3565024

And why would i spend extra time doing that? to satisfy a random person that i dont know??

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,270

hey we got a new person love to see it are you a surv or killer main or are you like me with a bit of both and no bias

• tigerlover412
    tigerlover412 Member Posts: 18

I hate to say it, but there isn't much that can be done about cheaters, simply put, the code for the game is out there, code to bypass eac is out there, the client developers won't have a change of heart, really all you can bank on is that the cheaters themselves will run out of accs and won't be able to afford more copies of the game, but that is unrealistic due to a few ways to play the game without paying.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,582

This reminds me that Russian streamer I've versed several months ago (before MFT)

The guy's track marks were way more spaced after each corner while he was further than he could possibly be.

Reported (video & all) ... no ban.

Yay.

• Batusalen
    edited October 2023

You gave visibility to the problem, avoid someone saying that you are claiming there are cheaters in the game because you are high on copium, and maybe making it more public BHVR decide to forget their CU index and start banning more people.

You were the one saying that you can't post videos in the forum. We only tried to help you. If you don't want to do it, it's totally fine.

If you are talking about Steam profile, take in count that one thing is Valve's VAC banning someone, other totally different is BHVR banning a player off their game. The game has it's own anticheat (EAC), with it's own account, meaning that most than probably they would not show as banned in their profile.

Also, you now receive a notification when actions has being taken against the person you reported. They only say the reason and when those actions where made, but at least you know the reporting did something. I received today the 3º one in this week.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,582

There are VAC bans and game bans on the profile.

I wouldn't expect a VAC ban but I expect a game ban (as demonstrated by a streamer who spent a lot of time reporting cheaters and checking they got banned.)

Most of my reports led to a ban so far, but the last two were just disgusting for me. It was so clear they were cheating.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515

This is not a way to approach this, as consumers it should not on us to do extra work to police illegal play.

You'd have to record all the matches, store and curate all your footage, analyze that match across many interactions with the suspected cheater, edit the file for clarity, for confidently, and size, and then finally for presentation. That is way too much to demand for the community to take you seriously.

The game has an issue with this stuff. Its pretty well know, aside from a few people who scream skill issue. If you are the victim and doubt yourself, just throw a few matches via map offerings and try to recreate the events that you think were suspect. Sometimes, you'll see you were wrong, but often enough you'll reduce possibilities until your left with the player did the impossible(they were cheating). I find this sort of reduction more enjoyable than roleplaying file librarian and pro video game highlight editor. And you also get to better understand various game mechanics.

• Batusalen
    edited October 2023

Just for clarification, you don't have to record all the match. You can use replay programs to record the last minutes of gameplay. If you have an Nvidia graphics card, you can use Geforce Experience (something that probably you should already be using) and configure a keybind to record up to the last 10 minutes of gameplay.

• Shroompy

then you actually validate the issue, but I highly doubt you have 10 videos of cheaters all within 1 week of each other

to validate your argument, you'd be the first person in almost 6 years on this forum whod do so