The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

People dc-ing constantly

Seriously, this pisses me off soo much. Why do soo many survivors enjoy to dc after the killer catches them? I cannot enjoy survivor because i will either have the most braindead teams ever or get facecamped/tunneled. I'm rank 10 on survivor and i SWEAR, this rank is green for a reason.

Comments

• Capt_Disconnect
    Capt_Disconnect Member Posts: 9

Sorry man, if youre running HEX:ruin, NOED, and bbq and chili your just asking for it. No one feels like wasting their time so some OP killer can get an easy farm.

• Apoch
    Apoch Member Posts: 96

I don't because I have a conscience and know that it's broken and OP and needs a nerf for the health, well being and future of the game. But hey not everyone cares about that stuff right.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533

What do you expect when even fog whisperers dc on constant and get protected by devs when called out for it

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    edited March 2019

Ruin and bbq op? Comedy gold.

• Capt_Disconnect

Sorry man, thats the problem whether you like it or not.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

I purchased the Legion to do an experiment to count the % of DCs

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

The problem is instead of playing this game as a "team" people want to DC once something they don't enjoy pops up. The issue there is everyone has a different idea of what they dislike meaning you will get people DCing for any reason ever conceived. It doesn't fix anything or contribute to the betterment of the game when people rage quit but sadly more and more people do this because having a civilized conversation seems to be the most difficult thing people can do now a days.

• BACKSTABBER

I am counting the DC combos like crazy with the Legion lol

If you guys wanna gain a 4DC do the following in the very first 2 minutes:

1. Equip Legion with some devastating add-ons
    2. Deep wound em fast while running
    3. Annoy them a couple of times more, specially to cancel unhooking with deep wound
    4. Down and transport fast to the hook (should DC in the way to it)
  • xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    edited March 2019

We all see a lot of disconnects because the game its unbalanced, killer have a lot of op perks for see aura, slow the game down, and much more. A lot of op addons instadown for huntress, instasaw, nurse 5 blinks,clown bottle oneshot, legion mix tape, spirit no phase, mori and im probably missing other things. And they nerf decisive strike because baby killers complain. Yeah thats why everyone disconnect

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533

New meta corrupt intervention ruin thantaphobia pop goes the weasel

• BACKSTABBER

1 DC = 1 puppy is slapped

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416

since Legion has come out lots more have turned to DCing more often, not just against Legion but also other killers. I know several that never would have DCed before legion release now they have no issues with doing it. they view it as, if Behavior wants to ban them because Behavior has poor design on some killers/add ons then that is money out of Behaviors pocket further down the road. they can always find another game to play. Legion has just amplified the the Issue.

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218

I've seen players DC as soon as they hear Billy's saw...for all those die hard DC junkies out there, give the game a chance to start and get the feel of what you're gonna face before you bail on your team!

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

How do you even know if they are running NOED unless you make it to the end? I suspect you'd be better off with the name Captain Trolltheforums.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I never DC, even if it ends up being a really crappy match... I'll take thr Bloodpoints and progress for Daily Rituals that I can take. It does feel tempting when brining good items and such to not have them "wasted" but I'll always get more down the line.

• Capt_Disconnect

Are you treating a hypothetical setup of OP perks as reality?

• SuperPrincessChaser
    SuperPrincessChaser Member Posts: 107

I play on PS4, Rank 1 both Killer and Survivor, and I see people disconnect for the DUMBEST things. Got downed by the Wraith in the first minute of the match? Disconnect. Michael decided to chase you and not the other person you were with? Disconnect. I play a variety of Killers and I just have to hold out hope that the first person I pick up doesn't disconnect ruining the match for everyone else. As the Pig, I usually put the first trap on right away to punish the first gen pop and I've had to stop doing that as people tended to DC as soon as the trap goes on.

As Survivor, I never DC, even in matches where a hatchet smacks me in the face as soon as my feet touch the ground getting off the hook. If you die, you'll de-pip once at best, if you DC it's 2 isn't it? I'd rather just try my best, die and move on rather than DC and ruin things for the team more than they already were for me.

I think some people need to start remembering that there are other people on the other sides of the characters in the game. You disconnecting or hook camping or tunneling or sandbagging is not only affecting you, and a lot of things are out of your control too. If someone disconnects they get reported and I move on, but with the wait times for Survivor and the Add-ons being used for Killer, it sucks.

• Fizz
    Fizz Member Posts: 71

Firstly, I think that DCing is pathetic in any case. It shows just how entitled Survivors think they are. I mean god forbid they play a game that's not stacked in their favour but will play a game they know they can win.

Killers feel forced to use certain perks because of how stacked the game is in favour of survivors. I mean lets be real a second, Survivors can loop and loop and loop. Running from one pallet to another then run to an infinite loop. During the first almost 30 seconds of a chase a Gen can pop, sometimes 2 or 3 depending on how spread out survivors are.

On another note, a crap ton of survivors are playing with 1 or more friends nowadays, while sitting on voice chat giving updates on if they've seen the killer or who the killer is or where the hex totem is. It's 4 v 1. Why are you dcing? because you don't wanna learn to play against a killer who uses certain perks and addons to better his own chance of winning? You also have perks and addons that help you win. Use them. Play and get better.

In my own personal opinion however the game shouldn't be balanced. The game should be in favour of the killer. It's a horror game with an element of 4 vs 1 and survivors still have to DC because they don't wanna play someone who's trying to win a game.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Can you wait until there is a punishment for dcing before doing so? It would make things a lot easier. If you get legion just go to sleep for a few minutes there is no need to unsporting and sabotage your team.

• Donnyc
    Donnyc Member Posts: 47

The constant dcing has killed this game for me. It happens all the time whenever something happens that the person doesn't like it makes the game unfun for them and they just disconnect. They don't care about the other players and is just another way for them to be toxic. I am hopeful the new servers will help but I'm not sure the dev's see this as an issue and if they don't change the dc percent rate it really won't make a difference.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

We need INSTANT punishment after a DC, other games hand out an increasing queue time penalty the more you DC.

I see no reason why we couldnt get the same in DBD