Chapter 30 - What would you like to see?

Options
2»

Comments

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,563
    edited September 2023
    Options

You don't need to do a carbon copy to be more faithful to the original.

What i mean by ''got it wrong'' is that alot of the elements and themes from the first movie that made it what it was is either absent or is changed into something completely different in the remake, including Candyman as a character who is changed into something completely different from what he actually was in the first movie or what he represented there.

The first sequel (as forgettable as it was) still remains more true to the elements of the first movie, as unlike the remake, it don't try to pull some preachy ham-fisted social commentary about racial inequality as the main focus of the movie while slapping Candyman's name over it.

Don't get me wrong however, there's nothing wrong with doing those types of movie, it's just not what Candyman is mainly about and would have worked better as it's own movie instead of a Candyman movie.

Post edited by Smoe on
  • ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,660
    Options

I'd personally like to see Chucky but it's most likely going to be Predator.

-Predator is a Big L chapter and they stated this one would be

-Owned by the same company and often seen and referenced together

-One of the Alien skins we got was from AvP

It'd be a pretty big shock if it wasn't Predator.

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145
    Options

Right, right, because there was totally no element of racial inequality in the original whatsoever. No killer whose origin was that he was tortured to death by a racist mob, nosiree.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,974
    edited September 2023
    Options

Don't be silly. Media wasn't woke back then. Movies just had racial inequality and prominent female/gay/transgender characters as flavour without the social commentary, not even subtle commentary, you were supposed to ignore all that. At least if you were a mainstream audience you were.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Chapter 30: Twins rework!

There are so many killers now that the reworks of existing killers and maps are more important than new killers. But yeah it's all about money of course.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 338
    Options

I just want my other fav onryo in the game. idc if its a skin for sadako etc.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,108
    edited October 2023
    Options

Sweeney Todd chapter. Maybe Madea as a survivor. Wait, Mortal Kambot? Isn't Scorpion a good guy now?? I can't keep up with all the time traveling and multiverses. Anyways, photo credits in the image.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

hes not even a bad guy anymore and hasn't been during most of the NRS era.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Jaws 🦈

On a more serious boat, Id like to see Predator given its probably my most watched horror film. Predator would be a bit of a handful given he has atleast 3 strong powers.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

I'm fine with anything, as long as their power is interactive

• dbd_newbiefan
    dbd_newbiefan Member Posts: 71
    Options

I hope in the future they add "Harbinger" from Evil Within 2

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,864
    Options

Pennywise would be amazing but I dunno how they'd have convinced King to give them that license. He's pretty protective of his stuff afaik

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 323
    Options

This would be my pick. Even if he was a skin for like the twins. The sentinel sphere could be like Victor. It could work.

• Tiamat_Adara
    Tiamat_Adara Member Posts: 39
    Options

i would prefer a "game health and balance" chapter instead of another "content chapter" with mediocre or unhealty perks ...quality over quantity

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

They only have so many game testers, better to get it out to the public and let them try to break it when the testers find as much as they can

• biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 649
    edited October 2023
    Options

They did say a "CAPITAL L" so that narrows it down quite a bit. We also just got a new map with Alien, so I really don't see it being FNAF, Jason, or Pennywise. Jason would undoubtedly come with Crystal Lake, Pennywise with a sewer beneath the town of Derry, and Springtrap with the Pizzeria. I bet its Candyman or Predator. Another character that I haven't heard thrown around too much lately is the Terminator. It could totally happen. "Capital L". No map required honestly. Let's wait and see.

Post edited by biggybiggybiggens on
  • Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

I can't play killer because first person makes me vomit. I'd love to have a truly frightening killer though.

The only ones that are scary to me are because of jump scares. Not actual fear.

I want to feel afraid, not always be laughing. The way the alien thing runs looks like a cheetah or something lol it's so goofy. Most of them make me laugh, especially Wraith when he gets stunned.

Give me something to be scared of!

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

No problem. Double the time the PTB is open, give out ingame incentives to play on the PTB. Like double shards or progress for the archives and watch how the community will happily find all flaws with the new patch.

*Bonus points when they actually release a separate PTB client, that doesn´t require constantly uninstalling/installing the normal game client when switching.