24 Hour ban when I haven’t done anything

Options
AllIcareaboutismoney
AllIcareaboutismoney Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
edited October 2023 in General Discussions

Bro I’ve been playing so much blight recently, however I have just gotten up to a 24 hour ban after just waiting 6 hours to play due to getting “Disconnected from the host.” I really want to play and hate that I have to wait so long just because of this bug. Anyone else?

edit: my internet is fine and doesn’t cut out other games

Comments

• AllIcareaboutismoney
    AllIcareaboutismoney Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options
  • Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

In these kinds of scenarios, it is most likely that the players internet is not fine.

Internet speed tests do not check packet loss. Research how to check for PL, then you’ll probably need to talk to the internet provider.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    Options

I've been getting those disconnected from host server errors. Last night it was enough to reach the 15 minute penalty. I just wanted to try the new cat killers.

• jayoshi
    jayoshi Member Posts: 305
    Options

I've been having freezing issues with this game for the past year or so. Even after updating my graphics card. Also my internet is not losing any packets and I'm using a wired connection. The game just straight up freezes, then unfreezes, runs for a few seconds like everything is fine - then disconnects me. Then I get a ban. It's annoying. No other game does this - online or offline. Only dbd

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

Then you might want to wait until you can be sure your internet is stable. The matchmaking bans get put on you even if you get DC'd. And if you keep getting DC'd that penalty's gonna keep growing.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

Hackers can disconnect you from a match. If your internet is fine, that’s probably what’s happening. Are you on Frankfurt Germany servers? It’s where I see the most hackers (I’ll play on London and East as well)

I have a little stalker hacker that plays Killer and will DC me from the match to rack my penalty up. I have to take precautions to avoid them because Behaviour can’t or won’t ban them.

Ive gotten up to 6 hours before.

• OcularNewt13477
    OcularNewt13477 Member Posts: 5
    Options

i dont think there is any new killers? thought those were outfits. new killer doesn't come out till next month

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    Options
  • AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,248
    Options

Also, keep in mind there is NO WAY for BHVR to know why you disconnected, only that you did.

Did your ISP disconnect you due to packet loss?

Did you forget to pay your bill and your internet was shut off?

Did someone digging accidentally cut a cable?

Did you unplug your modem?

ALL of these things look the same to not just them, but everyone that you have a connection to. Your connection was cut, that's all that can be told by the software.

• Wrathclaw88
    Wrathclaw88 Member Posts: 51
    edited October 2023
    Options

It happens a lot this time

Message sounds like: The deticaded server is not responding bla bla bla

in the endscreen you see that everyone has a dc

but afaik and had it myself - you will get a penalty - mine stakes up to 30 min actually. Most of it happend in the end of a match where ii got my dc´s.

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533
    Options

To be fair...I don't know that I can disagree with this..a 24 hour ban is very long...I have dc'd a lot in my days and I have not yet seen a 24 hour ban. The longest ban I ever received i think was like, 23/24 minutes...........

It resets...so you have to DC a lot in a certain period of time to get higher and higher..the fact you're up to 24 hours, that's a lot of dc's............be it intentional or your connection that you say is otherwise fine

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,223
    edited October 2023
    Options

There is also the f11 engine bug which someone can utilize to force the game to crash unfortunately, ive had some games end because the survivor did that when i went to pick them up