The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How is the anti-camp mechanic going for everyone?

First impressions.

Comments

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

Is it in game now? I played couple games today didn't notice it. 2 on survivor and 1 killer game didn't camp though just chases. If it's on game I have to test it on bubba.

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 272

Played liked 10+ killer games and it never came into play. Played a bit less as survivor and it triggered once while the other games it was barley a blip on the meter.

The one time it did trigger it was against a Knight who hooked me for the second time close to a three gen. No other survivors were nearby and they kept coming within a couple meters of me while they were patrolling, and they did this like five or so times. On top of that, they stopped to use their guard directly next to me twice. Had they not done that or simply patrolled a little wider I would have died as I had like 5-10 seconds left before death. Ended up escaping the match.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,990

For the most part fine

Survivors rarely jump off but it does scare the killer enough to keep there distances most of the time. Definitely easier to save in areas with LOS blockers. The survivors can usually sneak around jungle gym type areas and get a easy unhook as the killer respect the 16 meters. For the most part I'm not seeing camping that much unless it basement.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

So it's anti-camp and anti-killers who can be tricked? Killers should know better than to go to the place where they think survivors are?

Some would call abusing a game mechanic through trickery to be abusing a game mechanic.

• theresagameinmybug
    theresagameinmybug Member Posts: 21

Useless. Killers tunnel slower but my teammates like to stop doing gens, stand close enough and prevent the timer, and killer tunnels, which is easy as gens aren’t getting done.

tragic but unsurprising.

• CLHL
    CLHL Member Posts: 152

A festival of DCs, suicides and chat toxicity. Thanks to this patch endgame builds are fun again, everyone falling for them again.

• EEP
    EEP Member Posts: 39

They need to adjust the vertical range for instances like basement camping. Currently there is not enough progress for a first hook unhook.

• BubbaDredge

This is you:

"That...honestly sounds more like your fault than anything else. If they tricked you into thinking they're somewhere they're not that's just you"

But it's not just him, you said IF THEY tricked you. If they trick the killer, that implies they did it on purpose, by choice.

And the game is being tricked, unless jump-offs when no one's camping is working as intended.

Doesn't really matter who's tricking the game, though, the problem is the game being tricked.

• GgamerG
    GgamerG Member Posts: 53
    edited October 2023

Hasn't been used yet in games, but had a match in Suffocation Pit and hooked someone in the narrow middle part of map. Had to change angle of approach to reach other side of map when before less time would have been wasted.

Funny now killers have to be the ones afraid of some imaginary bubble around a hooked survivor 😂

• Melinko
    Melinko Member Posts: 291
    edited October 2023

It's funny how many more Hags are showing up today.

The anti anti-camp. Hag trapping the hook area to get the trade.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

Sounds like a win to me. I rarely see Hag, so I welcome variety.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Here is a scenario when the anti-camp mechanic supposed to come into play: When the killer is staying within a certain radius of the hooked survivor WITHOUT a reason

The killer being tricked (which is partially their fault because while the survivors may have been the one to trick them, the killer was the one to fall for it) and staying within this radius chasing their own shadow long enough for a survivor to jump off the hook means they are either chasing a survivor who isn't there around the hook, so they may as well be camping, or they are chasing a survivor who isn't there further out in the radius for an excessive amount of time, either of which the anti-facecamping mechanic needs to trigger because they are staying too close for too long without a reason.

They THINK they have a reason to stay in the area. The game KNOWS they don't. As such, the anti-facecamping meter fills up. The killer screwing up is not the same as the anti-facecamp being tricked, especially when you consider the killer still has to stay there for a good amount of time for the hooked survivor to get a chance to unhook themselves

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

If I WAS the game itself, I would be "that was very smart of you tricking killer to mind game themselves like that, here is a free unhook for your teammate, you earned it"

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550

It's not fun, as if we are forced to play the killer way.

I laughed when the AFC gauge saved about 30% just passing near the hook when the killer was going in the opposite direction.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

I just played a few survivor games and didn't even notice the mechanic. Killers hooked me and left. Same as usual.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,713

Oh, it's very simple, as a survivor all you have to is the following

Step 1: Get the killer to hook someone at shack

Step 2: Get the killers attention in a place that gives you enough distance to get back to the hook with them following you before getting hit.

Step 3: Actually get them to chase you instead of going for gens

Step 4: Hope as you lead them to the hook they don't just proxy camp and wait for you to unhook

Step 5: Once they don't proxy camp, you need to loop them well enough to not get hit but also be out of sight

Step 6: Hope they don't just facecamp the survivor, take the free unhook, but just get in a chase to tunnel that player

Step 7: Get away from the shack - this requires either slow walking or the killer to totally miss the scratch marks on the ground as you run away. Obviously, you can't have been injured at any time during the previous six steps or the killer will notice the blood trail/lack of pain moans.

Step 8: Hope they just stay there long enough confused about how you disappeared instead of thinking maybe they should go after a gen.

Step 9: Enjoy the game winning victory that is achieved by a survivor jumping off the hook and likely being targeted by the killer who is standing right there

Reminder: Do all of the above before a hook stage progresses. Strategy not valid against all killers.

On a more serious note: I suspect there will be survivors who will try this over the next few weeks to just feel out the system/challenge it, and I'm surely inevitably a few will pull it off, but it can't realistically seen to be giving survivors some type of advantage.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,431
    edited October 2023

I don't remember exactly, maybe 10 seconds tops. At the time i was playing trapper and when i hooked the survivor, i grabbed a couple of traps nearby that area, and kicked a gen. Then the survivor did that and the survivor was able to unhook themselves. So those 2 things combined made it enough time for them to unhook themselves.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,431

10 seconds is not a long time at shack, where i was playing trapper, placing a trap, and then doing a moonwalk backwards.

• BubbaDredge

First HaunterofShadows did, then I did. When the game is misunderstanding what's happening, it's being misled. The survivors weren't necessarily the ones that tricked the game, Haunter said "if they did... it's on the killer", and that's what we were arguing about. A hypothetical based on the Anti-camp being wrong, whether is was cool for survivors to cause it.

Ya gotta read the whole thing before you can get into the details, and I think me and Haunter both lost interest once we moved so far from the original point.

My only real concern is that no player should be penalized for something they're not doing. I don't care what mistakes they make, the game shouldn't be interfering unless they're camping.

Once an argument gets long, the context is lost unless you read every single bit, and it wasn't that interesting in the first place, just a couple players arguing over tiny moral issues in a hypothetical situation.

• lukeneves
    lukeneves Member Posts: 50

Needs to be improved. Faster build up to camping. Terror radius needs to be the factor not a fix distance. For Blight Nurse and Wesker its negligable as is now. They swing once away and right back to hook.

• _johnmichael_
    _johnmichael_ Member Posts: 11

Dude tracking survivors is easy, especially with scratch marks, sound notifications, and blood trails. If you couldn't track them, that's on you.