Who is your favourite Survivor and why?

Comments

• 9000OniMain
    9000OniMain Member Posts: 14

Jill EZ

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

Jake ! Honestly I think I started maining him because too many people were using Dwight, Meg & Claud and I wanted to be ✨unique✨ but he's grown on me a lot, and I've always loved his hair lol.

He's just a silly guy in the woods and I'd love to get more lore and better outfits for him wink wink

• LittleBigSunset
    LittleBigSunset Member Posts: 239

It will always be Laurie for me.

I started out playing Jake but slowly gravitated towards Laurie. I think it was her backstory that really had me take a shine to her - the fact that a normal, everyday teenager around my age (I was 17-18 when I got into the game) could overcome evil and fight back was, I think subconsciously to me, quite inspiring. I watched the first couple of Halloweens not too long after and considered her my favourite since. She's a relatable, certified horror icon badass.

I still need to watch the two later reboots (Kills and Ends) but hopefully someday they add some skins for her! There's even an school outfit from the original film that they could add that I'd be very happy with.

I think it says a lot that despite her lack of cosmetics and the fact that other survivors from franchises I love have been added since (mainly RE) I keep coming back to her. She's the only survivor I have P100. Probably will be the only one.

Become a Laurie main! There are literally dozens (tens?) of us!

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Jill, Mikaela, Kate are my top 3

They are all lovely and cute ladies

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338

First place is Nic Cage for me. I love his movies and his personality. Even in-game he's a total memelord, complete with being a chatterbox and random perks.

Second is Quentin. My first DLC and survived. He was the saving grace of his movie, and with the lore Bhvr gave him, an absolute unit. He is benevolent, willful and kinda badass

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    edited September 2023

Claire Redfield. People tell me I look like her (I...guess?)..so I cosplayed all her outfits (which I wish were in game...)

She's my favorite because her personality, outfit and pony tail. Also I find her to be the prettiest survivor. Was told before I started playing she used to look different hehe.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

It's gotta be David. He's the original shirtless dude and he has the best scream out of all the survivors. No other survivor comes even close.

• LewMc1
    LewMc1 Member Posts: 1

I’m quite new to the game but enjoying playing as Quentin Smith. I was initially using Ace but found it too tricky as a new player, so moved on to Meg to get me started. I feel like Quentins perk that helps me find the gates quick is brilliant when you don’t know the maps.

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 240

Dead ones

Killer main :)

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Jill (she is hot)

Kate (she is hot)

Meg (she is hot, if only she would learn not to do this b-face one day...)

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,433

Meg

She was the first Survivor and character I got to Prestige 3 all the way back in 2017, reason why I did it was because as a new player I learned about Legacy Prestige and saw a Meg running the full fit for the first time and was in awe. Around that time as well they removed the brown and yellow map offerings, as well as the moonlight offerings. So I wanted to get P3 out of the way as soon as I could for the off chance other offerings or items that were similar would be removed, and that Legacy would come back.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,141

Zarina is my female main, and Felix my male main.

Zarina has neat outfits, but her best draw is probably her lore. A dedicated pursuit of truth against corruption just hits all my right buttons to favorite a character.

Felix also has neat outfits (Fabio skin in particular comes to mind), and neat lore as well (social awkwardness and a love to explore his own imagination).

Some honorable mentions include Jeff, Meg, Rebecca, Ash, and Ada. (I feel as though Leon and Claire got character assassinated in Remake2, so I'm not a fan of those versions in DBD by proxy.)

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,911

Jake

His aesthetic is one of my favourites and he’s also had the best voice acting among the male survivors imo

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

For general purposes all survivors are effectively the same. They're just perk delivery skins with some background lore text for flavor.

Given the option I tend to play the ones that make the least noise, and of those the ones that have cosmetics (either default, free, or rift) that help them hide on most maps to escape. Beyond that it doesn't matter.

• Juicyman
    Juicyman Member Posts: 134

Tapp gang. I ended up making DBD my main game around peak Undying/Ruin (back when you had to disable all 5 totems as NOED was also prevalent) and I made it my goal to dismantle every bone on the map, best perk for that was Detective's Hunch. Fortunate that Tapp gets some cosmetics, especially those funky shades.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,573

Detective's Hunch believers rise up...

Nice to see a kindred spirit there!

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Jeff johansson. He's one of the more wholesome survivors, loves dogs and metalheads are awesome.

I like him enough to have ground him to prestige 100

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,451

Yun-Jin because of MEOW

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

If I'm feeling a bit alpha: Meg

If I'm feeling a bit beta: Dwight

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 184

Rebecca. Shes cute, has a nice voice, iconic, been in resident evil games since i was a kid 1990 (although not many games) and somehow her 3 perks together feel like a basic build much like dwight in some way. Got her to p100 after 8 months of pouring points into her. I only hope she might someday get atleast 1 new cosmetic for the first time ever besides the sweater

• Evil_one
    Evil_one Member Posts: 24

Dwight ( Dweard )

It's Dwight for me cause he reminds me of Max ( Puppers) r i p sad that this wholesome person died so young , miss him ! Dweard just looks like Max and reminds me on his hilarious cosplays

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 376

Sheva Alomar

She turned out to be a pretty awesome partner to Chris in RE5 and even helped him to defeat Wesker, which no one else could. She can hold her own against hordes of monsters and is a selfless warrior (as it says on her tattoo which is also pretty cool). At first I didn’t think anything of the character, but after going through RE5, I felt she m deserved that spot next to Chris as a (side) protagonist. I wouldn’t mind seeing her more in future titles to bring more to her character development.

• VanitasRyuzaki
    VanitasRyuzaki Member Posts: 110

I originally loved Feng because she was one of the few characters that were in the early days of the game. I absolutely love Jake though.

I really like his perks especially Iron Will because it has a lot of meaning to me. Not only was iron will a powerful perk for keeping you silent when injured, but it also reminds me that I too have a iron will of my own. Jake also reminds me of someone living the life they wish to and rebelling against the path a parent wants them to take because of society and social status.

I also find Jake quite handsome, but I love him more because of his unyielding spirit and love of living a modest life and to be surrounded by the nature around him in the woods.

• EmmaFrostyEyes
    EmmaFrostyEyes Member Posts: 685

Claire Redfield because she looks cool and she was my age when I discovered her. then i played the game she was in and loved her character. Shes been my main for 2 years already and i love her so much. I p100ed her as well

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I hate to say this but I don't have a favorite Survivor

But I do use Fang Min cause she's the only one that I have the most perks on

• Kaethela
    Kaethela Member Posts: 348

Cheryl for licensed Yui for non-licensed. I'm a huge SH3 fan, and Yui's backstory is amazing. She has good cosmetics, a good base look, I'm a big sucker for forehead goggles, she's the one for me.

• Yeekko
    Yeekko Member Posts: 10

Rebecca,her warmth personnality really sooth me and it's rare to have a strong female character that is both capable and really empathic

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,856

Zarina Kassir and Yun-Jin Lee are my current favorites.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,544
    edited October 2023

In games where the choice doesn't matter, I always gravitate towards characters that kinda look like me. So I guess Leon, and Felix to a lesser extent?

I'd main Leon, but he's limited in his cosmetic options, so... Felix it is.

Gotta appreciate Renato for...existing, though. He is an autism rep done right

Also, in between starting to play DbD and Felix releasing, I used to main Tapp, and even David before that. No idea why, I didn't care much for the Saw franchise, but something about him...

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 731

All survivors are just skins. That said, obvious answer is Cheryl because Silent Hill.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

Jeryl will always be my favorite survivor….

R.I.P Jeryl :(

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,147

Zarina.

Her noises annoy me the least hearing them and she isn't super loud.

While she doesn't have many cosmetics she does have a decent few in her collection. I wish she'd be given more attention in the cosmetic department. I'd like to see her get more options that are available year round to make her more appealing to new players.

Other Zarina players tend to be good teammates and don't try to be toxic to killer or other survivors. This leads to Zarina players being treated better by other players because they don't already have pre-existing anger towards Zarina like they do other characters. I get a bit less tunneling/slugging until bleed out and random teammates tend to help me out more in tricky situations when I'm playing as Zarina than any other character.

• SWAYZE
    SWAYZE Member Posts: 1

Bro Steve with the funniest screams ever XD

ALWAYS run scene partner to get more scream value

• _johnmichael_
    _johnmichael_ Member Posts: 11

Dwight tbh. I just think he's a cute little guy. Plus you can always use other survivor's perks on him, so the perks don't really give a big reason to favor one survivor over another.

• Sleem
    Sleem Member Posts: 179

David king because of the shirtless skin. That's about it.

• Paigeotheopanda
    Paigeotheopanda Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2023

Jill Valentine

1. She's my favorite in resident evil
    2. She is closest to how I play games
    3. She and I would definitely get along in person
    4. Her screams etc apparently sound like mine so TWINNING.
  • ghostiesimp
    ghostiesimp Member Posts: 2

Yui is one of my fave survivors because of her backstory and the way she looks. i relate to her backstory and love her purple hair outfit hehe. her perks are also really fun to play with if i'm not trying to be sweaty lol.

otherwise i love Feng for her cosmetics and Ace due to his wide grin you're greeted with at the start of the trial lmao.

• Smileqwe
    Smileqwe Member Posts: 3

Claire. Because Resident evil 2 is my love

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498

Rebecca and Feng.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,337

Zarina. Dunno why, I just like her and find her lore interesting I guess.

• dreary
    dreary Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

NIck Cage, because unlike the others he explains the game is no fun and doesn't understand how someone can like it. It used to be fun, its gone to crap but now its an addiction of punishment.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Licensed: Cheryl. I still can't believe DBD got Silent Hill, because I assumed pachinko machines were all Konami would do in the future. Now we have a SH2 remake I'm pumped for. We need more classic horror game IP's!

Original: Feng. She has most of the cute outfits, and I generally choose who I'm going to play based on my mood for their outfit. I've decided if I ever get around to level 100'ing a character, it'll probs be her, 'cause the outfits just keep coming.

If I chose based off story however, Kate.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Jake park, Yui Kimura and Bill

Jake Because when I started I had a lot of Sabo 4 hook dailies and Jake comes with sabo built in from the get go.

Yui, well... purple haired motorcycle girl nuff said.

Bill because left for dead is great mindless fun and nothing says badass survivor like a grizzled old vet with a ciggie.

• Kahvisielu
    Kahvisielu Member Posts: 1

In the beginning it was Meg, but as soon as i got Jane it just felt the right one for me, the looks, the overall appearance appealed to me most.

Also Kate is worth mentioning ♥

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145

My favorite survivor is nic cage.

The voice lines and goofy perks are why.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,149

They are quiet and have stealthy outfits (i dont use my stealth outfit on Kate much sice i got this one tho, i really love it, ty BHVR)

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,869

Haddie, Yui, or Ash.

I love Haddie because of the paranormal investigator angle, her lore (even though it wasn't extensive has it should have been), and her general appearance (while not perfect) really sets her apart (love the scars and "battle hardened" vibe), though she was done dirty for a long time with regard to her cosmetics. Haddie is currently my only P100 character.

I've always liked Yui for her lore and hard ass vibe.

Ash because I am a gigantic Evil Dead fan, going back to my childhood. I'd love to see young Ash skins as well.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

I won't include licensed characters at all cause I think that is pretty unfair.

As far as original DBD survivors go I love Mikaela because she's a witch and has an awesome wardrobe and back in the day had strong perks (I still like her perks but they feel way more situational now).

I also love Nea because she has that stereotype around her and would love to be able to encompass it some day (maybe not so much the toxic part but the skilled part definitely). She's also the second survivor I think I picked up behind Meg when I was starting to understand the game a bit, so I felt like I was improving when I played her and that made her stick out in my memory.

My third favorite is Haddie, I like her perks and have tried to get use out of them, not always the strongest but they are interesting to say the least. She seems like a badass character and I have a soft spot for characters that may not be getting a lot of love and when I picked her up she was quite unpopular. Although lately I feel like BHVR has been giving her a lot more skins, so maybe she's become more appreciated in general.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,563

Yun-Jin Lees my favourite. Mostly has to do with All-Kill was the chapter that got me into the game and the first one i bought and so yun-jin was my starting survivor.

I think she is stylish and i find her character dark but realistic. I think her voice actor is also really good. She has very interesting designed perks too. I do hope they buff Self-Preservation one day (increasing the range to 32 meters would be my suggestion, allows synergy with Reactive Healing) but the other two i think are pretty well tuned.