The FoMO continues...

Options
GensByDaylight
GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528
edited October 2023 in General Discussions

BHVR has confirmed in their most recent livestream that the new Haunted by Daylight skins will be limited time.

I know you guys really like profit, and thats why you unlinked sets, more profit + happy comunity. FoMO outfits do drag in more money, but everyone hates it. Please, at the expense of a slight amount of profit, stop with FoMO skins.

I believe that 99% of the community has this viewpoint on FoMO.

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I'm very curious how they are going to handle last years collection of Tricks and Treats. Would Mummy Dwight be available for shards? Part of the sale?

• XshyguyX
    XshyguyX Applicant Posts: 107
    Options

I dont mind them making good money. It keeps the content going. I want them to make good money and for this game to thrive.

However share the love. Give back to the community.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 842
    Options

Thats because we had people that were desperate enough to buy codes for those exclusive skins for over hundreds of dollars. Some ppl were scammed as well. So they decided to just give them away to prevent it from happening to other ppl.

• chocolnr
    chocolnr Member Posts: 19
    Options

sorry to bring this up, but does that mean that those limited time skins will be forever gone if you miss it?

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,278
    edited October 2023
    Options

I actually quite like having limited edition skins.

I always buy the skin I like most for a character I play a lot, playing fashion dbd to mix and match.

Having a collection of limited edition skins for them is extra fun when that event roles round again to celebrate the time of year/event whatever, and it gives me a way I can support the devs outside of just buying stuff for the sake of it.

Also can lead to changing it up or join in with other players who have a particular event skin as a theme team from time to time.

Lots of fun, that would lose a lot of the enjoyment if it were just another bog standard item available any time.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

This a terrible way to excuse bad business practises.

Before DbD even had an in-game store they were able to get Michael Myers. And that alone paved the way for DbD becoming the most dominant asymmetrical multiplayer game on the market.

BHVR can easily get almost any license they want regardless of how aggressively they try to nickel and dime players. They use FOMO as a way to get more money. Not more licenses.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

Don't really understand why everyone is so upset about seasonal outfits. It makes it fun when you can start grabbing spooky outfits during October. Sort of loses it's whole appeal if they are just skins available at all times. It makes October more exciting...yay spooky time. More people dressing up, etc... same with other holidays.