How Do You Get Shards At A Faster Pace? It Seems Much Slower Now : C

I noticed that now it seems to be taking even longer to get shards since the update ,and since they are now not capped how do you get shards at a faster pace because at this rate ill never get the clown or any other shard stuff most of the games I don't get any I'm stuck in the 2000 range I'm doing something wrong : C ?

Comments

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    Shards are awarded at every level up.

The faster you level up/gain experience the faster your shards will increase.

Exp is awarded by completing trials and getting good emblems.
  • BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2018

@ceridwen309 said:
    Shards are awarded at every level up.

The faster you level up/gain experience the faster your shards will increase.

Exp is awarded by completing trials and getting good emblems.

ok i got like 24k bloodpoints from a match and the level bar barely moved what the hell ?

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502

As far as I know.... Bloodpoints are not connected to Experience gained.

You should "always" gain more bloodpoints than exp.

Someone said, 18 exp for a really good emblem. some exp for match win. And some exp for match participation.

In another post....someone said around 500 possible exp per match. Although...at high levels, I'm sure that won't do much.

You may be able to gain a level every 5-7 matches hopefully. Once I can...I plan on charting out the numbers...unless someone beats me to it.

• BembridgeScholars

@ceridwen309 said:
    As far as I know.... Bloodpoints are not connected to Experience gained.

You should "always" gain more bloodpoints than exp.

Someone said, 18 exp for a really good emblem. some exp for match win. And some exp for match participation.

In another post....someone said around 500 possible exp per match. Although...at high levels, I'm sure that won't do much.

You may be able to gain a level every 5-7 matches hopefully. Once I can...I plan on charting out the numbers...unless someone beats me to it.

one level every 5 to 7 matches and there are 100 levels and only 500 xp possible when u need like 2100, and I'm guessing after 2100 it's gonna keep rising that is absurd it will take ages to accumulate shards at this point, were they high when they made this new system :/

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

It feels fast AF for shards being gained. I'm at level 42 or 43, it takes 3750 exp to level up, so roughly 7-8 games depending on how long they take. Already bought the Clown for 9k Shards, that included the 1800? we all got, and I have 1k+ banked right now. Debating on what to purchase next as there is nothing I really want.

They get given to you in bunches now, think I'm getting 270 per level or something like that. There's a level chart posted somewhere iirc. But it is WAY faster than the previous system. I wouldn't be surprised to see them either reduce Shard amounts on level or raise prices in the store a bit. Not a whole lot, but slightly.

• MezzaMind
    MezzaMind Member Posts: 39

From what I have noticed, the higher level you get, the more shards you get rewarded.
    Pre level 20 I was getting 195 shards for every level up but post level 20 I am now getting 245 shards every time I level up.

• Glossed
    Glossed Member Posts: 49

It may seem Slower but you can get a lot more. Instead of playing 2 games and getting 20 shards you can get 65. So it may be slower but it is worth it

• BembridgeScholars

@Mringasa said:
    It feels fast AF for shards being gained. I'm at level 42 or 43, it takes 3750 exp to level up, so roughly 7-8 games depending on how long they take. Already bought the Clown for 9k Shards, that included the 1800? we all got, and I have 1k+ banked right now. Debating on what to purchase next as there is nothing I really want.

They get given to you in bunches now, think I'm getting 270 per level or something like that. There's a level chart posted somewhere iirc. But it is WAY faster than the previous system. I wouldn't be surprised to see them either reduce Shard amounts on level or raise prices in the store a bit. Not a whole lot, but slightly.

whaat u got 9k shards already? D:

• BembridgeScholars

@MezzaMind said:
    From what I have noticed, the higher level you get, the more shards you get rewarded.
    Pre level 20 I was getting 195 shards for every level up but post level 20 I am now getting 245 shards every time I level up.

so the higher u get the more shards u get but the more experience it takes? hmmm :/

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

you gain exped based on time spend in the trial and emblem, I don't know the cap yet for xp to be gained in a single game.
    However what I can tell you that you shouldn't give a ######### about emblem, the best exp bonus I got for emblem was something between 20/30 point for 4 iridescent emblem, will the best time exp was like 300 something.

• NightRaider315
    NightRaider315 Member Posts: 27

so the higher u get the more shards u get but the more experience it takes? hmmm :/

Yes but instead of getting 80 shards from 8 games when you level up you get 245 it's a better method.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

The shard ratio is actually 3 to 5 times superior than the old one.

• lemoNN
    lemoNN Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2018
    You got 10 shards per game with the old system, the new system makes grinding actually pretty fun. I just wish they could do something about the emblem bonus. All iridecent emblems does not equal 30 extra xp.
  • SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

The longer you played in the match, the more XP you'll get, it's just like the old system giving you shards for minutes played, but it gives you XP and doesn't cap XP per match. Usually you'll get around 550 XP per match. You also get XP for the highest emblem you've got, but this bonus is so pathetic that it only gives you 18 XP for an irridiscent emblem. You can find XP needed for each level and reward you'll get for getting one over here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1411397835
    Basically, you're getting around 200 shards for 8 matches instead of 80 with the old system.