The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Cheaters are out of control. AGAIN

2»

Comments

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528

Nah, she wasn't hacking.

Pure raw skill experssion.

You had the skill issue there.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515

IDK how the "W" key is supposed to work.

Maybe there is a tutorial for that.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,461

My argument here isn't that it never happens, my argument is it doesn't happen nearly as often as most claim. The only time I would get multiple cheaters a week was during the big cheater epidemic roughly a year and a half ago (or something like that)

The example provided here is a cheater yes, but before that when was the last cheater you went against? Then the one before that? More than likely months apart

• NewPlayer100102

No.

It happens often enough to be a nuisance.

But, before the one shown in the video about 2 days, completely different time of day, non filmed match.

Its an issue they should address, not the players.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 449

for a few weeks now my games have been having more an more sus moments like ill be chassing someone turn a corner an they are so far away its ridiculous or gens that were on zero a few seconds ago now finished.

least before when the cheaters were teleporting round the map flying hook spamming every game i knew it wasn't a normal game i could put my controller down an wait for them to leave but these wave of cheaters seems to be much more subtle to even make you doubt yourself an it becomes really frustrating.

I been watching my matches back an the cheaters are certainly trying their best to hide stuff.

• Shroompy

It is an issue they're addressing, over the years we've seen cheats change and evolve because of the changes made to the anti cheat.

Also hate to break it to ya, but it happening often enough to be a nuisance is more than likely just copium. If it was the case it wouldn't be such a small portion of the community complaining about it, but what confirms it even more is streamers not dealing with it on even a daily basis, hell even a monthly basis. They're also without a doubt the main target for cheaters since they get their 10 minutes of fame.

• Samwill226
    Samwill226 Member Posts: 41

Every match tonight has had either a cheater or cheating SWF group. I don't understand why Behavior doesn't care. It's not fun at this point. It's not even the blatant ones it's the subtle ones barely outrunning you when you have a haste perk AND play with your food going.

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426

First of all, why i need your validation ? You're not part of the dev team so...i mean i don't care if you believe me or not at all

Second what's your point ? Other than write "skill issues git gud lol" ? People are reporting and increase of cheaters so..why you're deny that ? It's something that hurt you in someway ? You have the urge to come here and say "I'M BETTER THAN YOU ALL" ? i mean, i fail to see the reason behind your post, what's your gain for doing that ? Defend BHVR anti cheat system ?

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,236

And why is that important, that i validate it to some random stranger that have no power to do anything about it?

• Unknown2765
    edited October 2023

I apriciate that you are trying to help out, i should probably have stated that i think its a lot of extra work that dosnt help the situation, other than to satisfy a stranger to me.

I just checked and i do still have the recording of the latest cheater/hacker, so if you can help me out with some free video editing software and tell me how to hide the names, i will do an exception and post it here.

Edit : I found out, but it wont let me upload it here. Do you know how to do that?

Edit 2 : I think i found out too

I have 2 more recordings, but i think this should do, its the same match and same cheater, the numbers are so i can keep track of what i posted.

Post edited by Unknown2765 on
  • Amshnock
    Amshnock Member Posts: 51

I have 9000hr in this game and only seen two hackers. JK

It happens more the you think. some days its OK I would get one or two out of my game-play. some its almost every other game. I'm on the eastershore Maryland and when I truly see them the most is after 4pm and gets really bad after 6pm. a lot where trying to hide it but i guess where BHVR does not do anything about it unless you have videos and go through the trouble to upload them. I do it almost everyday now. every time I open the game I get the notification that action has been taken with date and time.

Last night I had a TTV user hacking would walk like she had sprint burst I chased her and it never ended she did not even stop for Exhaustion . Im stubborn chased the full game with blood lust 3 dropped every pallet. she was not steaming I checked. but I recorded you :p

had a Game on RPD with this toxic player would flashlight me over and over so I stood there thinking it would die soon nope ever did so I moved on. Found her off guard and downed her hooked no one saved until second stage. long story short after that if I would chase her my game would lag so bad packet lose red ping rubber band just was bad every time I would chase. so I moved on to the other no lag rubber banding normal game. she was the last one. found her at the front gate and guess what. bad ping rubber band for about 1 min. then it just stopped she was at the other gate vault spamming no lag all the way there. she was teabagging and flashlighing me I got a surprise hit and bam lag lag lag until she got out.

yellow flashlight no addons no perks no lvl. Have video of this to but dont know how I can prove it was a hack or DDOS attack.

Come on if you suck that bad at a game you have to use hack/exploits go play something else. I bet these type of people even cheat at single-player games.

I use to buy the 20$ arctic cells every week to support the game but not doing it again until a change happens. same with my son on PC

Now we have this event coming up and I know its going to get really bad.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2023

It's out of control at the moment.

No fail, every first game I've played this past week had a cheater. Either a survivor with superspeed and special powers or killer bots that insta-teleport to you, insta-down you, insta-teleport to the basement, and insta-kill you.

Before this, I could literally count the hackers I've seen with two hands, not bad for having played since 2016. Now I'd need two more hands within just a week.

• Shroompy

Dont need my validation, its just when you make a claim like this its nice to have something to back it up.

Also when it comes to cheaters its something that a good chunk of the community dont even know how to identify. Even when people do post clips I give it a roughly 25% chance its simply a bug, some guy with really high ping, or in some rare cases its just some one who has no idea what a perk, add on, or some killer tech. In fact because of this, I experience WAYY more cheating accusations than I do cheaters themselves. Just in the past few months here's a few examples:

- Tanking a hit when I shouldnt despite having MoM up

- Having "wall hacks" because I had OoO and the Bubba had that one add on that shows Survivors auras while revving and a bunch of other aura reading

- Hitting a trebuchet insta down shot as Huntress

- Shoving traps into the ground

- "Blinding at impossible angles"

- Activating Frenzy after just getting stunned with a pallet out of Frenzy thanks to Julie's Mixtape

- Add on stacking to build up Nightfall faster

- "Doing impossible things as Singularity"

- "Flying" as Dredge when I was simply on a hill (was able to see it from the TTV's perspective)

- "Having no recoil" as Trickster

- And my personal favorite: Activating some ones RBT to instantly kill them, when they simply just tried to escape with an activate trap

There are more examples, these are simply the ones that come to mind atm. If cheating was really this big of an issue like some people make it out to be, it wouldnt be such this vocal minority who simply circle jerk each other into infinity.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 592

and we're telling you that isn't the case at all. I've all but pretty much stopped playing killer because of this crap. You're argument is the equivalent of saying 1 + 1 = 3. it is wrong, cheaters are back in full force and it is not good. You living in denial on purpose doesn't help prevent or address the situation.

Your denial only helps cheaters stay cheating.

• Unknown2765

I did an exception now, but it also took me about 40 minutes of extra work, it can prob be done in 25 when you know how to do it. But thats 25 minutes of my time that i dont want to use just to prove something. I also need to use between 15-25 minutes just to report this to BHVR. I dont want to use 40 minutes of my time because i met a cheater in 1 game that took 10 minutes.

• Shroompy

If it werent the case content creators would be jumping on it just like the last cheater epidemic. Also just a quick look on twitter and going out of my way trying to find posts of people going against cheaters and I could only find a dozen within the last month, and we all know how vocal DbD twitter is.

I cant be in denial for some made up issue. I cant even tell you the last time I went against a cheater.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,350

A couple years ago there was a big issue with cheaters and it took months for that to get resolved. This will probably follow a similiar timeline. Then once BHVR does whatever anti-cheat update they do and the banwave, cheaters will try to find new exploits for their cheats and we'll be in this position again.

It's an ongoing problem that sadly has no real solution, because it's not like cheaters are going to stop trying to cheat and they have a bunch of free accounts due to EGS.

• Amshnock

just so you know at 130pm just got hit with a wave of hackers. 4 games in a row. speed hacks and insta wiggle off.

• NewPlayer100102

This is one of the annoying ones, where the player is normal 90% of the game.

But around this loop, twice she seems to move at an impossible rate for just the corner.

• Amshnock

yup. You can see she has it on keybind hits it to get to a safe spot. They are hard to tell but when you play alot you can tell something just not right.

Cant really enjoy the event on my main account because of the hacks.

Im telling you there is a spot in the MMR the hackers are at. they cant win every game then it will look funny.

I say a bout half or a little more higher thats when you get most.

on my other account its four man toolbox gen rush done in 3 min