We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Twitch Drops - Strange login page, potential security issue?

First and foremost, thank you for the Haunted by Daylight livestream yesterday! I was particularly excited to see the Void Realm in action and can't wait for the even to start.

In regards to the newly added Twitch drops, I noticed something strange going on. Note: I currently have all 3 rewards unlocked in game, no problems there.

Let me take you through all steps to reproduce the thing I encountered.

1) I confirmed on the DBD/BHVR account page that my Twitch drops are set and ready to go.

2) I then checked to see if the rewards show up as 'Claimed', which they do. For some strange reason, this page does not remember that you have completed all 4 steps in order to start claiming drops. By closing the page and returning, only step 1 is checked and the others are in red again. I am not sure if this is supposed to happen. Moving on.

3) On Twitch, the drop icons have turned into general placeholders with a link to 'Connect' (in purple) below each one. Clicking that link leads you to a strange login page, which looks like it thinks you're a BHVR employee trying to sign in to their work account.

4) The page in question. This feels like a major security breach waiting to happen and I am confident that this is not right. The question is now, is this a hiccup on Twitch's part or BHVR's? Either way, I thought I'd point it out so this can be looked into. I'd love to hear if anyone else is seeing the same things! Thanks, and have a nice weekend :).

Comments

• nikkixo87
    nikkixo87 Member Posts: 16

Same thing with me. And I had already previously linked my BHVR account to twitch so this is very confusing to me

• Tatertotters
    Tatertotters Member Posts: 24

Also have this issue, did you by chance get your Twitch Drop rewards in-game? before or after the Twitch icons changed/The weird BHVR employee login?

Honestly not surprised at this point.

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 435

Yes, the drops are unlocked for me. I first claimed them on Twitch when they became available, afterwards I went to the BHVR account page where it said I had to finalize my account link, which I did. Then they showed up as 'Claimed' on BHVR's side and turned into the placeholder icons on Twitch.

• Tatertotters
    Tatertotters Member Posts: 24

Hopefully, BHVR are aware of this issue as it seems it could be a huge flaw/risk. It's annoying that the icons are turned into placeholder ones on Twitch and I cannot re-connect them for the life of me? I don't know if that's a Twitch or BHVR issue... but the strange login needs to be looked at for sure!

• SilentDancer
    SilentDancer Member Posts: 4

I'm having the exact same issue! I had everything connected and claimed my drops 5 days ago, but they're not appearing in-game. I tried to connect in that weird login page only to get my Microsoft account sign in locked because of too many password attempts. I just wanted my Elodie sweater. 😭

• aetherguard
    aetherguard Member Posts: 9

Same issue, too. BHVR seems to think only BHVR employees deserve DbD Twitch Drops based on this activity. Does Twitch/Amazon know that BHVR is bait and switching their viewers?!