Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

tips on finding a swf?

catslayer
catslayer Member Posts: 155
edited August 2023 in General Discussions

650+ hours already and still a soloq, just wanna try out "playing with someone else". literally everytime i play killer it's just so easy for these swfs to play thanks to communicating, etc. so how do i find one? even when playing survivor, 80% of the time i see a swf it immediately makes me "jealous" knowing it's gonna be easier for them all 3 except for me, basically being a "random" to them. are there any groups, chats or something? every single time i ask in a random DBD public chat whether someone wants to play together i always get ignored. trust me, playing with randoms gets really annoying & it's just hard to gain info through matches in general, plus it sounds pretty fun playing with people you know in a game especially like this one, i honestly don't even mind voice-chat.

how tf do people find somebody actually normal/skilled to play with?

Comments

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

pretty sure the official discord server has places for you to find swf buddies.

• catslayer
    catslayer Member Posts: 155

true; i don't necessarily mean that you have to "communicate" with others for the game to turn out perfect, i mean't as in having at least one player who knows how to play normally. i'll try this method, but it's still a bit awkward adding someone "out of nowhere" after a match for some reason

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

it's how I made dbd friends on ps4. and the predator one.

• Saiph
    Saiph Member Posts: 317

I'd say half of my DBD friends are people who sent me random invites after a game, because we've had a nice interaction together. Like a flashlight save or I gave them hatch as killer, etc. I found it weird at first but then I took the habit of doing it, too. If you find someone who you'd like to play with, just add them after the game, you don't really have anything to lose and I'd say they accept more than 50% of the time.

I wouldn't recommend using official forums/discords for DBD. I've done it for previous games before, the issue is that there's always a mismatch, either the ping is too high, or we end up not playing at the same schedule, or the skill difference is too big. While if you add someone after a match you usually know what to expect from them.

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 537

I think if you’re on the same console or PC/steam player as someone who you solo’s with and you ‘clicked’ with each other, you could friend request them in game and even through your Kay form messaging to say GGs and ask if you wanna keep playing.

I actually play on Nintendo switch so for 6 months had absolutely no way of communicating (switch had no messaging or chat system) with friends I made on soloQ who I played with (i.e. saw each other online and invite to lobbies) so we were a quasi-swf.

A few months ago, we had a match against a twitch TTV and we went into their channel to say GGs and realised a few of us regulars on in game friend list were on the chat and we pm’d each other discord details.

even though we swf, we don’t do comms or voice chat - just play and in between games we make jokes or tell each other about codes and upcoming isolates perk explanations and so on. We’re all cross platform but slowly we’ve built up a server full of ‘regular in game friends’.

maybe the first step is to do altruistic actions and try your best in a lobby. Even if you all ended up dying, I’d you had fun and for the feeling the others would watch your back and they feel you’ve got their back, they’d probably more inclined to accept in game friend requests and play again etc

Good luck!

• Cig
    Cig Member Posts: 33

Discord Cig_Telos / Steam:  https://steamcommunity.com/id/Cig_Telos/

• TheMruczek
    TheMruczek Member Posts: 191

Discord servers. You can go for BHVR official one or just look for others servers on Disboard for example.