What's the point of playing Killers other than Nurse or Blight?

I have encountered a certain group of Survivors, twice.

Pre-dropping pallets, 3 insta heals, hold W, MFT and SB, map offering and yet even with Sacrificial Ward you go to Mother's Dwelling.

Camping won't really work, they will just sit on gens. Good luck with tunneling considering how they have so many insta heals, couple of bodyblocks or pre-drops, they are fine and you don't have anything that elevates Xeno's strenghts like you have with A-Ring or speed add-ons for Blight.

Got called a clown twice.

I'm confused, do i just go and main Blight now? Or Nurse? Do i now have to use NOED?

Comments

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307
    edited November 2023

At least for me, because I find all of them besides Spirit and Hag (I simply don't enjoy using their powers) fun to play. If I just played a small selection of them I would've probably quit the game before 2018 was over personally.

I honestly don't care what people say, if it's sore winners/losers or whatever. If they say something that's against the rules I report it, otherwise I just say gg and go next.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 836
    edited November 2023

I think the Xeno is difficult to master. I'm hopeless with this Killer, anyway.

I think it's best to choose Killers because you enjoy their mechanics (or their vibe or whatever). If that's the Xeno for you, then just keep on truckin'. And like others have said, don't worry too much about winning. If you have fun, you'll always win.

With those load outs, they look like a bunch of sweats to me, anyway. They probably dunk on Killers in most of their games, so don't feel too bad about losing.

One thing I do appreciate about the Switch DBD experience - there's no endgame chat. Don't get me wrong, I've had some wholesome experiences in chat on PC, but the likelihood of some post game smack talk is high enough that I keep the chat window closed most of the time.

Also part of the reason why I like to run off meta perks and enjoy using the weaker Killers. If I win, I feel like I earned my victory. If I lose and they want to gloat, then they've shown themselves to be poor sports with no class.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Challenging.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,699

Without seeing videos hard to say what could have been done differently.

But playing against a four man SWF is hard, on a survivor side map is hard, them having sweat gear is hard; put those all together and its an extremely difficult situation. For most players though this circumstance is pretty rare.

On a wholesome note, because I'm currently very tired at first I thought they were recommending you play Clown, which seemed weird to me, but at least I thought it was a suggestion.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,334

Having fun.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,818

They're not wrong though (least HugTechLover isn't). Also did you give anything other than a bitter comment to the post? And before you say anything about "X main" we play everyone but Nurse as killer and play survivor just as much.

For the post, the point is to have fun and verity. Playing the same thing over and over gets dull. Obviously some groups are going to spoil anything and everything....(side note, probably should blur out the names, we hear thats something in the rules)

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,261

The names are character names, so nothing needs to be blurred

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,858

This is literally the most accurate answer anyone can give to this question. I don’t play Artist or Singularity because they can wreck most teams. I play them because I genuinely enjoy them.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,818

Annnd this marks where we're to tired to look at the obvious. Our bad, thx.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,836

If you're only having fun if you get a 4k at 5 gens, then yes, there is no point in playing anything but nurse or blight with the most broken add ons and perks.

I can only speak for myself, but I play killers that I enjoy. Dredge is my favorite and I don't care that I can't win 99% of my games. I usually have fun and that's what matters most.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,143

Don't worry, my first thought was also "oh boy better blur those names" and only after reading your exchange in the commments I noticed that those are character names.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

If I might recommend something for xeno (since I've been enjoying and playing him a lot), take out pop for bamboozle and the emergency helmet for Lambert's star map (this one is a personal preference honestly, because turrets will trigger only while you're in lunge range to destroy them)

Bam + self destruct bolt synergize so well and ngl that's my favorite addon to use. Pop only wastes your time by having to kick the gen, so bam is a way better alternative for faster chases

Now idk how good you are with the tail, but use it use it use it as much as you can and try to get consistent with hitting it, it's going to make chases so short you won't feel the need to use pop

And well, it happens to lose games. These people brought some of the best stuff, it would've been kinda sad if they lost to a xeno

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,386

Because playing as or against 1-2 killers all the time is the fastest way of getting burned out from the game.

I don't think this is a problem within your build or something... It has something to do with your gameplay.

Xeno is a very strong killer that doesn't need much of a "meta perks" in order to do good in the matches.

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675

When you bump into these teams just dont focus on winning. You will be surprised at how much better you do, I went against RW about 3 times in a month, they were nice enough and I lost all 3 times but the third time I accepted my fate so to speak and actually got a draw. Your other option is to lobby dodge, which to be fair if you did not want to face this you should have done.

• please_explain
    please_explain Member Posts: 99

If they nerf blight and nurse the killer meta ends right there, atm they are the only killers that can actually do something against 4 man sweat squads that bring all the items and offerings to ensure a win.

• please_explain
    please_explain Member Posts: 99

My advice pick nurse or blight and start learning that muscle memory, playing any other killer is pointless in todays meta since dbd is such a sweat fest and nobody plays for fun anymore.

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 647

The Xenomorph is not a bad killer, but he has limits to deal with the people like you faced. If you want to win against them, you need to be god tier xeno or practice the nurse or the blight. It is impossible to win them as a killer who is not S or A tier killer. Well, even good nurses or blights can't secure 4k against strong 4-men swf if they don't hard-tunnel.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,139

If you lose then they go up against sweatier killers than you.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Most of the time, if I see a killer tunnel my last hook teammate at 4-5 Gens left while I stay there willing to take chase, I will follow them, wait for the last hook, then ask the killer to 1st hook me, so I can hook suicide.

If they want kills so hard, I give kills. Inflate their MMR to play against teams thats make them create a complaining post.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,112

Whatever you choose, don't change tactics based upon one swf. If other games are okay then carry on doing what you do. That particular attitude by survivors - including Claudette "I say clown, cos I dunno better insult" Moral - won't change whether you win or lose. She'd be a dick even if you destroyed them.

Even if you were Talbot "Pinball Wizard" Grimes or Sally "every map is basically an object-less field" Smithson, you'll meet teams who will all escape you. If you chose them for wins, just to be defeated a few times, it may feel worse.

Best thing is play the way you want to enjoy it. Some enjoy it by smashing people with Nurse, whilst others enjoy the tougher challenge of a weaker killer, experimenting or even just to be role-playing their favourite slasher. Any way is fine, but if you are going to play a certain way because you feel others are forcing you to, then that's never going to be enjoyable.

Don't let a bunch of numpties who may win at DBD but nothing else in life change you.

• DramaticStyle
    DramaticStyle Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2023

(Deleted)

Post edited by DramaticStyle on
  • DramaticStyle
    DramaticStyle Member Posts: 2

Honestly. Make a video next time to learn from your mistakes.

1 Killer Mistake gets Punished by 4 Survivors.

1 Survivor Mistake punishes 1 Survivor.

Predropping pallets, you already faced them, you should have adapted to their play style.

But I can say this, you were either locked onto Claudette the entire game or kept letting her get away, you don't make that many points by simply genrushing. I get about 27k during the event if I just Genrush without engaging in the game at all. And that's me not having enough time to turn in points.

If they did send you to crows however, they definitely abused that main area with the two connected windows. But I don't feel like that map has alot of pallets to worry much about predrops. Like 2-3 jungle gyms & 2 T windows.

I would have ran Save the Best, Bamboozle and Superior Anatomy, let em keep their Map offerings. Maybe a Franklin's & Doctor's Perk that increased item usage by 100 percent. *Chef Kiss*

I'd also assume, that you went directly to chase Claudette in game two to want to gain that "wipe the smirk off their face" ego. Which was already 12 mistakes on your part, you knew how good she was, respect her skill, attack her team and slowly wrap your hand around her as you force her into altruism and bait her into mistakes, while also being wary of Thalita with the Flashlight.

Better luck next time, you can run NOED but that's a get out of jail perk, it doesn't improve your skill, it just puts you back in the same spot.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,685

there is nothing much killers can do against a team that wants to win especially if they send you to one of the "you already lost" maps. i'd suggest taking certain precautions after seeing such map offerings on the loading screen but other than that losses are okay.

you can click this and from that point on you won't see end game chat until you press it again.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,139

Mood especially when they complained bout a non com team.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I prefer variety over win streaks

• Dreh
    Dreh Member Posts: 43

If you really want to win all matches, it is better to play Nurse or Blight, yes.

• Kuffowi
    Kuffowi Member Posts: 62

sorry about those jerks :C not everyone is like them and you shouldnt've had to deal with un-sportsmanlike players, but really, just block them or ignore them. xeno is hard to master (in my op) and you know just keep on going. dont try to wing every single time, lets tuck our amazingly giant ego's aside and just take a loss every now and then. id be more than happy to give you a polite game lol

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

The actual entitlement. You certainly aren't running more chill builds yourself. People who try extremely hard and run their stronger builds is bad.. unless it's you. Then it's fair game.

Massively hypocritical

Oh but I guess you aren't running the strongest builds you can but they are like that is an accomplishment. Then threatening to sweat harder because you are actually just as reliant on the broken parts of the game as they are.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,891

I play Pig.

I play my 5 rounds of pig almost every day.

I win at least 4 out of these games.

You don't need nurse. You just need to: get good with one particular killer that you really like. If your really confident in your skills, the wins will come. Until then, don't get discouraged.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,362

Yea, while I understand sore losers to a point, I will never understand sore winners. You won, move on, don't sit there and tell the other side how much they sucked.

*Turns on Old Man Mode*

Back in my day, we were taught to respect our opponents and thank them for a good game played after we beat them.

*Turns off Old Man Mode*

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    edited November 2023

Not everyone has skill issues. Also, why even include Blight if we use your logic? Let's all main Nurse till BHVR finally decide to balance her for DBD aka never.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,122

Games like this are always a reminder to not play nice for the sake of the other side. Because clearly they did not intend to play nice

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,547

Not in my opinion, not until MFT is fixed.

Unless of course you want to hard-tunnel mercilessly (a.k.a git gut I presume, given some comments) witch is not fun nor rewarding. Still better than chasing some MFT for long chases around heaps of pallets and safe loops I guess.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 548

I think when playing DBD, there is no better advice than this one ^

Really, if you had a bad match, just go to the next one. Its the best thing you can do for your fun and health. This game awards nothing but BP for "winning" so i don't think we should matter in wins or losses.

Now, if you are having dozen of bad matches - which i don't think its your case - you may need to review your playstile and build.

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 367

Look at what they're running. Now imagine that all it takes is for a killer to bring one or two iridescent add-ons to achieve the same effect. Sure, it feels frustrating to play against, but for your single loss, there are just as many solo groups in an even worse position.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,587

Well, for fun. Nurse and Blight are not necessarily the best killers for everyone, especially if you don't enjoy them like me.

If you don't enjoy a killer because you think they are too weak that is okay. I love Trickster but i don't play him most of the time because he is very frustrating. (really hoping this is going to change very soon...)

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,486

That why first play hard as you can and only after if you feel like you played too hard then maybe play few matches nice. This game you just get punished playing nice survivors throw it to your face bodyblocks when you try to get kill at endgame, teabag and so on.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,230
    edited November 2023

Why do you get to use a high tier killer with meta perks but the game is suddenly unfair when you go up against a strong survivor team that brings the sweat? How many disorganized solo teams did you stomp into the ground before you ran into these guys? I'd love to know the result of your last 20-30 games before these two matches. Gonna bet you didn't lose much at all.

• ironligma
    ironligma Member Posts: 119

Well I get your logic, and I'm in the same feeling right now. Slinger feels unplayable, and pinhead is still bugged. I deal with mft every game, this game is rapidly losing it's fun. I play nurse and blight that changes, but it doesn't feel as fun as actually stomping with say slinger or pinhead. Some actually difficult but rewarding killer. No one can stop you from playing certain killers but I'd say try to learn more killers is just fun.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I don't think that happens a lot, maybe 1-2/10 matches... But I haven't played in 6 months

Don't get frustrated over that... just learn from it...

Take your feelings out of it... if anything record your matches and watch them over after playing... see anything that you can improve on... perks or playstyle

Try playing a Killer and not doing anything but chase...

Or play Observer Wraith:

Fire Up- For faster actions the more Gens are done (or any other perk)

Discordance- To see when Survivors group up on Gens

TOTH- To see how many Totems you have

Whispers- To know when you are close to another Survivor

Addons- Cloak Speed and action speed (I can't remember the names of them)... or none or whatever you want

Playstyle:

Just watch what the Survivors are doing... don't come out of Cloak... you can fake it

Then sit back and see what happens

• MagicalAlogorie
    MagicalAlogorie Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2023

Don’t worry buddy. As killer I believe it’s just a skill issue. After a certain amount of survivor wipes, you get matched with a higher tier. I ruin at least 10 swfs happy times each night, so it evens out.