The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Some fun builds for survivor?

As much as the meta gives you more survability sometimes (Exhaustion perks, MFT, Off the record, Ect.) Of course running them every game gets tiring so I have been trying some fun builds on the side to just have funny moments (blast mine and red herring for example). So I thought I would ask, Name a fun build and how you could see value from it! Interested to see what fun things you can do. And ill for sure try them myself.

Thank you and have fun in the fog!

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,630

Plot Twist, Flip Flop, Unbreakable/Boon : Exponential, Power Struggle

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 803

tenacity + plot twist + power struggle + flip flop

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

Myself, I've been running builds that attempt to synergise with one another quite a bit.

A good one I've been getting moderate success from is Circle of Healing + Overzealous + Deja Vu + Detective's Hunch.

Detective's Hunch shows me totems, which lets me bless one with Circle, which activates Overzealous, which stacks with Deja Vu for extra speed. It also leaves Circle up for my team to actually use, and Deja Vu also gives me info on the current 3-gen.

Other than that, I've also been running builds that include both Empathy and Autodidact, which gives surprisingly good info on your teammates' whereabouts throughout the trial, provides a bit of a minigame of getting Autodidact stacks, and - if successful - cuts down on altruistic healing by crazy amounts. I usually pair that with Deja Vu and Kindred, but fancier perks can be used instead.

Honourable mention to Detective's Hunch + Inner Healing + Overcome, for pretty consistent chase-breaking and free heals.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

As someone who likes to run a ton of different builds on survivor, here's some:

Blast Mine, DS, Head On, Quick and Quiet. If I have a stun challenge I always run this.

Any Means Necessary, Chemical Trap, Troubleshooter, Iron Will. You can place a trap on a pallet and reset it and the trap will stay on that pallet even though it's upright again. You also see the killer's aura after dropping a pallet in chase and can quickly put a trap on the pallet if you see them trying to mindgame or something. Anything they don't break you can reset, but if you want you can also pre-emptively trap a nearby pallet outside of chase (since you can drop it, trap it, then reset it again) and all survivors will see its aura too and can try to take the killer there since it lasts for 2 full minutes. If the killer is further than 48 meters from you, they won't even hear you do this since notifications for dropping pallets are capped at 48m.

Plot Twist, Hope, Deliverance, For the People. Plot Twist lets you heal more easily after using Deliverance or FTP. Instead of needing to wait the full 60 seconds of Broken to heal, you can down yourself when there's around 30 seconds left and recover. Broken will run out right as you finish recovering and then you can just be fully healed immediately after that (just make sure you don't complete the full recovery until after the status effect expires). Then Hope is just kinda there as endgame support but you can easily switch it out for anything else you want.

Lithe, Adrenaline, Soul Guard, Unbreakable. This one's closer to a meta build than the others but it has one fun gimmick. You get SG with UB obviously but the fun part is if the killer tries the anti-Adrenaline tech where if they're carrying you when the gates are powered they drop you and instantly swing to try to negate Adrenaline. Normally as survivor you can't avoid this once they drop you, but if they try that against this build, SG triggers when Adrenaline picks you up from the ground, the killer instantly swings into the endurance and you get away. (You can switch out Lithe if you want, it's what I run with this build but it's not necessary.)

Circle of Healing, Shadow Step, Detective's Hunch, Scavenger. This lets you use a toolbox and recharge it with Scavenger and gives you a side objective to do during the 30 second Scavenger penalty so you're not wasting time. And you know where the totems are. Bring a toolbox yourself though, don't rummage one with the perk, it just takes too long to do that and isn't worth the time.

Open-Handed, Kindred, Visionary, Bond. Basically just cover the entire map in auras and the extended aura reading range makes Visionary actually a decent perk since you see generators within 48 meters. Saves you a ton of time finding objectives and gives you info on your teammates and the killer as well.

Finally, and this one's a little weird, Distortion, Object, Light-Footed, Inner Healing. This isn't necessarily the strongest but it's fun. Provided you are the obsession, Object will trigger every 30 seconds, thus also triggering Distortion every 30 seconds. You won't see the killer's aura with Object when Distortion triggers (because your aura gets blocked by Distortion and the killer actually seeing your aura is a prerequisite for you to see the killer's aura with Object) but it allows you to reliably hide your scratchmarks in chase for 10 seconds once every 30 seconds. Since Distortion recharges even while in chase you can potentially trigger this multiple times in a row if the chase lasts long enough for that and potentially use it to confuse the killer and break chase. What will typically happen is you'll lose all your Distortion stacks at the start of the match but then you can always recharge them in chase as long as it's not a stealth killer, so then you can get this combo to work. The other two perks can be whatever you want, but I like to use Light-Footed and Inner Healing with it. Light-Footed to make running even more stealthy especially when scratchmarks are hidden and Inner Healing to stay healthy for Light-Footed to work (and it's more ideal than a medkit since you go in a locker to use it so the killer won't see you healing on Object and interrupt you.)

• ironligma
    ironligma Member Posts: 119

Blast mine red herring is so fun.

One of my favorite combos is a super unhook build one, desprate measures, we'll make it, no one left behind, then either throw on hope or bt. The main reason I love this is the super fast heals you get and then also if necessary you can trade and guarantee safety. Another fun build is ressurgance solidarity and we'll make it. Unhooked or unhook someone, heal them first either case and it should heal you to. If they have sloppy its different then though. Just run we'll make it in any build though as it's super fun.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

Background players, vigil, bond, light-footed.

Ultimate beam save / pallet save build. SUPER fun.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 516
    edited November 2023

Flashbang + Parental Guidance + Smash Hit + Iron Will or Lightweight

Camp the first pallet you see in the dumbest way possible, let them hit you under it then completely disappear, its not that effective overall but its funny when Killers start catching on your antics and hesitate getting that free hit under the pallet.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 840

My favourite Locker Dwight build can be quite fun (but don't expect to be escaping with this one):

Lucky Star + Quick and Quiet + Lucky Break + Head on or Flashbang.

Get hit with lucky break, break line of sight, jump in a locker silently with the Quick and Quiet / Lucky Star combo, then chuckle to yourself as they walk right on by. Head on Stun if the Killer comes back to the locker you're hiding in.

Doesn't work very often but when it does *chef's kiss*.

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 384

Autodidact

Empathy or AfterCare

Reactive Healing

Solidarity

Item : Medkit (with charge addon)

This is my favorite solo build. This is also the best build for counter slug (if you not the one on the ground).

Reactive Healing + Medkit for healing yourself, stay within 32 meter of a survivor who getting chase by killer and after they get hit *boom* you instan heal 50% the rest heal with your medkit (or you can wait for second hit to get 75% instan heal).

Autodidact + Solidarity for healing other survivor but also heal yourself, same with Reactive Healing even with mangled you can still get value from Solidarity you just need to heal immediately before healing progress run empty.

And the worst nightmare for this build is Plague, you know the reason.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,581

Scene Partner + Troubleshooter + Alert + Kindred / Inner Focus for constant killer aura-reading.

Light-Footed + Balanced Landing + Quick and Quiet + Bite the Bullet for being the quietest survivor to ever exist.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,409

When I just wanna play to be goofy, I like Object of Obsession, Sole Survivor, Wake up, Adrenaline.

Object to get the chases I want. If I die, eh, I got what I wanted lol

If everyone else (Or just one really) dies, Sole kicks in and Object falls off.

Wake and Sole make opening a gate Like 8-10 seconds? I haven't counted but its FAST.

Adrenaline is flex perk. DH is the other I'd bring. But not running an Exhaustion (I dont count Adrenaline :P ) is usually fun lol.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I sometimes run a “gen protector” build: Repressed Alliance, Blast Mine, Deja Vu, and the forth perk can be any that speed gens up (I like mixing up between PT, Resilience, or Hyper Focus).

Whilst you have no support with chases (no exhaustion perks) or revealing the killers aura, the trade off is that you’re really strong on gens and keeping them repaired any protected from gen-kick builds!

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Head On + Quick & Quiet is always fun. You could also throw in Parental Guidance to be extra sneaky and lose the Killer after a stun.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,630

Just went against a pretty good combo.

Background Player + Flashbang. I got blinded on pick up three times 😢

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

ftp + buckle up, its meta but its soo fun (especially in a swf when u throw to use it 30 times)

i also like using the gold bar build, which is overzealous + resil + deja vu + counterforce (seeing a gen go fast as hell is fun for some reason)

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,133

For a laugh, I'm putting some builds based on the classes that you could play as in "The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion". Obviously, I've tried to adjust the builds to work at more than killing monsters and bartering for goods, but here are 4 I've done so far:

Acrobat: The kind of person who uses agility and endurance to their advantage. Unafraid of jumping long distances.

Perks: Balanced Landing, Cut Loose, Vigil, Resilience

Agent: Charming when they can be seen, and nearly invisible when in shadow.

Perks: Friendly Competition, Urban Evasion, Situational Awareness, Teamwork: Collective Stealth

Archer: A marksman, adept at combat at great distances. Able to take down most foes before they have a chance to draw sword.

Perks: Residual Manifest, Streetwise, Technician, Hyperfocus

Assassin: Nimble and quick,they move in the darkness to strike the unsuspecting. Locks hold no doors shut to them.

Perks: Background Player, Light-footed, Appraisal, Quick and Quiet

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

The build:

Overcome, Self-Care, Bite the Bullet, Lucky Break

is hilarious.

It's an idea from CoconutRTS. Here is a demo:

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145

One I'm always fond of is Clairvoyance + Inner Strength + Overzealous + Small Game. Just everything you could possibly get from cleansing a totem.