Make clicking your flashlight drain it's battery faster.

Options
SmokePotion
SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

I'm not sure if you know this, but turning something on and off quickly puts strain on the power source and circuit of anything. It'de be nice if this was reflected in the game to tone down the trollish flashlight clickers.

Comments

• FallenOrpheus
    FallenOrpheus Member Posts: 58
    Options

Bring Franklin's

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Options

That’s not the point - the point is that flashlight clicking should drain the flashlight for every time it’s turned on.

A player can set Item to mousewheel and scroll to make a consistent clicking noise, to attract the Killer after them or after other Survivors, or for whatever trolling purposes. There’s also the fact that it’s already usable for bullying and taunting the Killer by going clicky clicky after ‘sick juke dude pallet stun lmao’.

Every click or every time the flashlight is turned on should use part of the charge. Maybe to compensate, give it a brighter flash when first turned on to balance it out and make flashlights not useless as a result, but clicking needs to go.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

The problem with Franklin’s is that you equip it upon seeing 2+ items, and yet it feels like a waste because you knock it out of their hands and either their friends or themselves just pick it up later. Franklin’s no Franklin’s, I honestly see no difference with item matches except a brief feeling of “ha screw you.”

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

No.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Maps & Keys need to charge up before they start taking effect.

I wonder: If the Flashlight had charge-up time since the release of the game, would it be removed by now? Or would Survivor pick-ups be made slower?

Anyway, a charge-up would prevent it i guess, but oh my god would people hate it.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    edited March 2019
    Options

Since the pick up buff 70% of toxic survivors who used it for FL saves are now only bringing a flashlight so they can BM and annoy the killer with the clicking. Do you honestly think they care about more consumption? They don't use it for something else and usually survivors who click all game still have around 70% battery left lol

Post edited by HavelmomDaS1 on
  • Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773
    Options

lightborn, franklin's

all your flashlight problems are solved

• willcenx
    willcenx Member Posts: 176
    Options

Just ignore. If you care, you are as childish as these clicking people. Tbagging and clicking don't hurt your game in any way, even wastes survivor's time.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Well this is not going to work. There's a lot of problems I see with this idea but I'll only list one. If im trying to flashlight save and I mess up my timing and have to click it to pull the save off, your saying my flashlight should be drained faster?

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

Looking for realism in a video game 🙂

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    Options

Someone definitely clicked their flashlight at you fast. Honestly it's not really that game breaking it's just satisfying to do

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Agreed.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

Flashlight-clicking is the only noise-based gesture we have to say "hey!"

regardless to the killer or to your team mates, so useful, no need to be trollish

• MysticalMagic92
    MysticalMagic92 Member Posts: 123
    Options

Just ignore it. You shouldn't be bothered by it. If you are. Just kill them. The best way for me to relive frustration is knowing I made survivors lose an item.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

Ignore it, flashlights are not annoying, its your ability to go and want to shut it out that will cause you to fail, ignore the flashlight, reap the rewards

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Options

stop letting something so little get to you?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Ignore their clicking, just camp the living ######### out of them =)

• SmokePotion
    edited March 2019
    Options

I'm tired of ignoring it, as i have to ignore it literally every game. Since they went back to the old pick up times it's been horrible.

I shouldn't have to tune out trolling every single game. These flashlights are OP as it is. If you have an upgraded battery and flashlight, you will never run out of power. You can use it to your hearts content, attempt every save, and run around clicking at me.

That's not fun. It's not fun to play what is essentialy a 3 survivor game as 1 just trys to troll the killer all game.

As for having a noise based gesture to say "hey"

YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO HAVE ONE. They designed the game that way.

It's annoying, and it's one sided, which makes it ripe for trolling. And, as stated, flashlights last WAY TO LONG as it is.

edit: Also, turning on the flashlight having an initial drain of power wont stop your 'hey" clicks. It wont deplete your bat after 1 click. But it would drain it fast if you macro click the killer.

I like how people who play survivor are all about preserving this trollish behavior, while killer mains are like "yeah, i'm pretty tired of this too, and why do batteries need to have so much time when it only take 2 second to stun a killer?"

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 498
    Options

"You can use it to your hearts content, attempt every save, and run around clicking at me."

That's concerning. So you are saying that a survivor with a flashlight, can run around clicking at you, and still attempt every save. Every Save. EVERY SAVE.

E V E R Y S A V E

While running around. Clicking at you. And attempt every save.

This forum, man. You just got to like it. Threads like this are gold. Pure amusement.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

LOL no.

I swear people get salty at the dumbest things in this game.

"He pressed a button a few times over and over he is a toxic survivor REEEEEEEEE"

• Doomspooge
    Doomspooge Member Posts: 184
    Options

I just take out the flashlight wielder and camp them. Then when they complain about camping I point out that they wanted my undivided attention so bad that I decided to humor them and give them what they asked for.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Or you could simply not get so easily triggered

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

It is a strategy to do that to trigger a player. If it bothers you this much it means it is working.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

"Triggered" suggests someone is upset because the other person is being mean to them. For some people, repetitive noises like that are unignorable. Like the person tapping on their desk behind you when you're trying to concentrate. Some people can tune it out, others can't. I think it's more likely to be a problem if you struggle with anxiety or high blood pressure or something. Regardless, it's frustrating.

Frankling's and/or slugging them can be fun. I'll usually just ignore the survivor, which seems to really annoy them, but there have been times when I've taken off my headphones and gone afk during a match because it's too much for my nerves to handle that day; the clicker can have fun playing a gen repair sim, 'cause I'm gonna read my book. Or, if you have Whispers, you can play "keep away," not letting the survivors interact with you at all. I'll do that in the end game regardless, sometimes, when I'm waiting for them to leave.

Draining the battery quicker is probably too much to ask for, but maybe a cool down on the click noise would be doable. They can activate the flashlight over and over again all they want, just like right now, but the click noise can only happen once every couple seconds or so. Or clicking the flashlight too much in a short amount of time (not like clicking it twice, I mean clicking it rapidly a lot) causes it to short circuit or overheat or something for a few seconds.

That's all just wishful thinking, though. It'll never happen. You can either play the match and ignore the flashlight clicker, or go afk and watch TV or something.

• Orion
    Options

I initially said "Agreed", but in retrospect, this would effectively make flashlights have fewer charges. If it took, say, five charges to turn it on, then if you turned it off with five charges or fewer, you'd get no use out of it.

• SmokePotion
    edited March 2019
    Options

Where is your arguement? that i should spend the whole game chasing the guy with ds that clearly wants to be chased so 3 people can rush gens.

Or are you arguing that flashlights don't last that long? Cause they do. They very easilly do with a yellow flashlight and yellow bat.

This forum man, filled with people that don't know how to play.

@Orion you'de still get plenty of uses out of it. It might actually have a finite use if you did it that way. Like "you get 4 chances to save with this" that's 4 chances to pull someone off the killers shoulder and extend the chase. That's a ton. In fact i'm liking what you are suggesting here. An actual charge amount.

Take a yellow flashlight with no battery upgrades. Make that 3 power ons (3 save attempts)

Green is 4

Purple is 5

Each battery level adds 1 more charge, and each optics level removes 1 charge.

Bam, now we have a ballanced piece of equipment that only does what it's meant to do.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

If you suffer from high blood pressure or anxiety and a video game is causing you problems then you need to stop playing it. Don't expect the world to cater to your needs.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

That or just add a limit to how rapidly you can use the Flashlight.

• Orion
    Options

So activate it, it immediately locks for a certain duration, and uses up an attempt? I could get behind something like that, at least on paper.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I didn't actually ask it to cater to my needs; I did the opposite. I listed ways I deal with it, I mentioned an easy adjustment that wouldn't change the flashlight usage but just the audio cue, and ended with "It'll never happen. You can either play the match and ignore the flashlight clicker, or go afk and watch TV or something."

The point of the first paragraph was that people shouldn't be rude about some players having a problem with the flashlight clicking noise, because it's not necessarily about "wah, someone in a game was mean to me." Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my intent, though.

• SmokePotion
    Options

his answer shows both the problem with the community (it was trollish and dissmisive) but also shows exactly what's happening. For the past couple of months they have been losing players.

A quick look here: https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

will show you that they have lost about 20% of their average players in the past 2 months. (a little bit more, but i don't feel like doing maths) And they just released a big content announcement. There should have been a big spike.

People are tired of the BS they put up with. No matter if that BS is troll clicking on flashlights, last man alive refusing to hatch and just hiding, Face camping, and this horrible freeze before the game that hasn't been fixed even though they did a big patch after.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

I think using the flashlight should continue to drain battery for 1 second each time you stop using it, so clicking would be like constantly using it