Why do you get punished for playing well as a survivor?

Options

I just had a game against a Leatherface. I looped him for most of the gens, why? because he played badly.

• Constantly trying to change directions in loops which meant he didn't force the pallet drop
  • Tried moonwalking many times at the cars in springwood despite the fact that I can clearly see him
  • Tried revving the chainsaw too early knowing I was never going to fall for it, at one point he tried walking around the car with the chainsaw charged even though it slowed him down, then unleashed it expecting to boost around to the other side after me and ended up hitting the car and getting stunned for it.

All in all he played really badly, this was after he spent the early game basement camping but by some miracle the survivors got out. What was the end result?

This...

Me being hit repeatedly on the hook until I was dead.

Then post game I tried being nice and giving him tips on the above and I got called an abuser and a #########.

What exactly do killers expect you to do? stand there and die? he could have easily played much better but chose to blame his mistakes on me instead.

This isn't an isolated occurrence, it seems extremely common. People play bad and won't take advice they just get salty as hell at everyone else.

Comments

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

People are likely to get defensive, especially in competitive situations such as this. It's easier to blame someone for your mistakes than to recognize you made mistakes. If you were running him so well, he should have left you. Considering he didn't, I'm guessing he's a lower rank or banks off of NOED giving him more kills. I'll say LF isn't all that fun to play as, though. He like a weaker Billy imo.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

You have been punished for looping and using dead hard, pretty common.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options

It's the fact that he spent minutes hitting me on the hook then insulted me post game, all because he made mistakes. I mean moonwalking in clear line of sight?

He was red rank too so should have known better. It's normally new players who act like this.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I'm actually unhappy seeing someone made unhappy. 😕

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Options

‘He was red rank too... ... it’s normally new players.’

Current ranking system, a new player could rocket to the reds within a few days, especially if there’s been an influx of players such as a free weekend or something.

Veteran players can even get to Rank 1 less than 12 hours after a rank reset as well, that’s with constantly playing the game without any breaks I believe, unless I’m still underestimating the ranking system.

Hopefully the new one with 2.6.0 will fix the new players getting into the reds, but the new pip system seems to require both Killers and Survivors to do well and hit at least 24k bloodpoints just to get one pip. Hell, Tru3 got a 4K with 5 gens remaining and only black pipped, so that system will need tweaks but will definitely fix the problems with noobs in red ranks it seems.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,637
    Options

Well, he is no new player. He is at least Prestige II. So yeah, he should know better. But I guess, when he is frustrated.

And yes, it happens more often than it should in Red Ranks. Once a Clown could not catch me. Basically, when he was out of Bottles, he followed me instead of making new ones... After the game I said "gg" and was accused of cheating and abusing.

Maybe the new Ranking-System will fix something like this.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

It isn’t abusing unless the loop is infinite, yes pallet looping is annoying but it’s the game now.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

Just like in any other game most people will get mad and blame you for their loss calling you cheater, or blaming your internet or any other excuse to not put the blame on themselves...

If it happens to me I just think "yh you got my ass but thanks to me you wont get a 3-4k" and I dont even get mad at it :)

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

yea its way to easy to rank up on both sides, i constantly face survivors that clearly do not belong in red rank and then i get the salt from the wounds on their pride when i destroy them. I also hate that the way i enjoy the game which often is not that different from when i play seriously always gets me to red rank just after a rank reset. Meanwhile as a survivor I constantly face terrible killers and survivors at around rank 3 and wonder why the hell do i get matched with them and how is this killer the same rank as me yet this bad(not trying to sound toxic). I'm really hoping that this next chapters ranking system separates the skilled and the average because i'm tried of getting easy 4ks and survivors/killers who don't know what they are doing.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

Did we face the same killer?

This hillbilly did the exact same thing as this Leatherface did, and kept smacking me lol.

I honestly don't know why killers play like this either.

But I have hope that the devs will punish this behaviour sooner or later. If I am to believe Morf_UK, amazing things are on the way for DBD. I hope this falls under that. ^^

• The_Crusader
    Options

I'm not even mad I thought it was hilarious how this guy was so tilted he wasted the last generator just hitting me repeatedly.

He should have taken my advice rather than act too proud and get insulting.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Most Bubbas get mad when they realize they can't do anything against looping so when (or IF) they manage to catch the looper anyhow they'll typically "rage camp". What was the first and last letter of the killer's gamertag? I wonder if I know who it is as you're on xbox one.

• a_angry_bunny
    a_angry_bunny Member Posts: 2
    Options

Ok, while I don't condone his actions I definitely understand. I have had games where I have played exceptionally poorly and camped a survivor simply because I was pissed and wanted them dead, it didn't really have anything to do with "punishing him" specifically I was just done with that game and decided to take my well earned kill. So here's the thing though, I don't give a damn about your "killer tips" I didn't ask for them and I don't care what your opinion about how poorly I played was, this is true whether I had a good game or a bad game, I just don't care what your opinion is.

• FallenOrpheus
    FallenOrpheus Member Posts: 58
    Options

Some killers should focus on getting better instead of camping a survivor that humiliated them. Camping isn't going to improve your chase.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

If the gates are open it'd be dumb to not camp. And yeah it's good to improve but pissing someone off and then lecturing them on what they did wrong postgame is never gonna have a positive response.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Options

shitters will be shitters :/

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    Options

and the point of this thread is what?

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

I actually feel a bit bad you had to go through that. Unfortunately killers like that seem to be more common while killers of my ilk are less common. A shame really.

(Don't tell me he had NoEd, cause if he did I'll laugh.)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

What do you want the killer to do?

HE lost too much time chasing you, so he will secure that kill at least =)

• The_Crusader
    Options

Hitting people on the hook doesn't make then die any faster ya know.

If he wanted to camp fine but the hitting repeatedly combined with the verbal abuse post-game, it just highlights the entitled boosted killer mentality.

God forbid a survivor has the nerve to try and live. Perhaps we should have a stopwatch and when 40 seconds have gone by we just stop moving and let the killer catch us?

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Options
  • Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    Options

Breaking News: Epic chase ends with survivor camped.

In further news: The sky is blue

• scojer
    scojer Member Posts: 38
    Options

I've noticed hillbilly & leatherface players usually camp.

If I'm a survivor and get camped, I'll stay on the hook as long as I can so other survivors can fix the gens.

If I'm a killer, I don't camp unless the gates are opened and I haven't got a hook yet. I want at least one kill... but that's rare for me because I always use Devour Hope.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686
    edited March 2019
    Options

Honestly what do you expect?

You made him mad and he wants you dead.

I don't understand how killers commit to 5 gen chases, like it's a guaranteed loss for them, I know it hurts their ego to just let you go but honestly if you're being looped for more than a minute you should just move on and put some pressure on gens.

I was just playing killer today against this one Meg who was just godlike in chases, she cut the corners so good that I couldn't ever catch up. She also just switched locations to one pallet to another. I just let her go. Her teammates were not so great though.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

You just got him upset, I am a killer main and I learned in this game, there are 3 types of people in this game, no matter how good or bad you are as a person, this will remain:

Toxic.

Nice and lovely to play with or against.

People who don't care and will move on to the next match.

That's what you deal with, you gave him a bad time so he wasn't going to give you a good time, he punished you for you being good.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    edited March 2019
    Options

See what you're suppose to do is NOT complain on the forums and find a new game.

Youve played the game long enough to know this, come on .

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    edited March 2019
    Options

What exactly did morph say? Any clip or video about that?

• GrootDude
    Options

@ItsYourBoyGuzma we all need to vent sometimes.

• The_Crusader
    Options

No it's the catch-22 of playing survivor.

Complain about something and you're told to "git gud".

So then you play good and killers still throw a strop about it.

Its the entitled killer mentality. "Just roll over and die so I can win thx".

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

don’t get caught next time lol

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    Options

Are you still whinging?

You won dude?

Idk what you want from this other than some sort of sympathy show. You got your 3 teammates out and you had to bite the bullet. It happens.

https://youtu.be/zusT3JnD0sA?t=7

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    Options

In all of my 2000hours on dbd I have never had to vent lmao

Jesus you guys are drama queens

• GrootDude
    Options

@ItsYourBoyGuzma it isn’t dramatic to want to vent.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    Options
  • darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

Pretty much how it goes - they laugh at you if you are easy to hook and they camp you if you are not. Killers will accept any slight as a reason to camp.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

He didn't say anything specific because he signed a NDA, he just said that amazing things are coming to DBD.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

I feel your pain.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616
    Options

You're supposed to let killers farm you. What were you doing looping him?

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Yeah there's a few killers that do it to me all the time and I'm a horrible looper, I prefer mind games and evading them. Which seems to piss them off even more and several have told me so.

Some have actually complimented me on being so stealthy and out thinking them but those are rare. Most don't like you if you loop and then if you don't loop dislike you even more.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

You get punished for playing fair as killer.

Why should killers play fair?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

You say:

Hitting people on the hook doesn't make then die any faster ya know.

If he wanted to camp fine but the hitting repeatedly combined with the verbal abuse post-game, it just highlights the entitled boosted killer mentality.

God forbid a survivor has the nerve to try and live. Perhaps we should have a stopwatch and when 40 seconds have gone by we just stop moving and let the killer catch us?

I say:

Tbagging killers while looping doesnt make them run slower ya know.

If he just wanted to loop fine, but the tbagging repeatedly combined with the verbal abuse post-game, its just highlights of the entittled boosted survivor mentality.

God forbid a killer has the nerve to try and kill. Perhaps we should just stand afk and let them escape, oh wait then they cry aswell.

PS: Works good if you substitude tbagging with clicking aswell 😉