Thanatophobia Buff + Legion

Options
Lanis_
Lanis_ Member Posts: 183
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

In the last few months the DCs against the Legion have increased.

With Thanatophobia's buff the thing will get worse.

Personally I will refuse to play even a game with/ vs this disgusting sinergy.

Would not it be better to nerf/rework legion, before doing this unnecessary buff?

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

It's easier to buff a perk than an entire Killer power, yeah they could have waited to do the change for the perk after the Killer but Thanatophobia came with Nurse years ago and everyone knows it's weak. No reason to screw over another Killer's perk because a new Killer abuses it when the new Killer is the problem.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

"Unnecessary buff" LOL.

Gonna enjoy Making people DC against my Legion only because they refuse to use Bottany Knowledge and a Medkit.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    Options

I wouldn’t call it unnecessary when it’s been one of the worst perks in the game since it’s inception.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

Personally I will refuse to play even a game with/ vs this disgusting sinergy.

Or maybe you could git gud and stop screwing other people's games

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Options

Nurse and legion have to be removed from the game. Ez fix

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

Wow a really weak perk on a really weak killer DC time I guess

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Options

Dont worry they can just rework legions ability just like they with freddys months ago oh wait...

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,637
    Options

In other threads Killer Mains write that a Medkit can be a reason to get dodged, because it might be an Insta-Heal. So I wont use Medkits.

Personally, I use We Will Make It anyway, but there really was no reason to give Legion a passive buff. To be honest the best way would simply to remove Legion out of the game until the Rework and give everyone two Cosmetics as Compensation when he got his Rework (including a bunch of new Cosmetics for Legion).

And yeah, not wasting time with Healing is basically a Core Things vs Legion, but when the full team is doing that, it would be a permanent Dying Light. Not really cool.

Maybe even more people will DC from now on, but that is fine. Legion players dont want to make the game fun for anyone except for them, so they will most likely not have fun when 4 people DC vs them.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

@Aven_Fallen it isn’t the killers job to care about your “fun” just like how it isn’t the survivors job to care about the killers fun.

• GrootDude
    Options

@Lanis_ the perk needed a buff and legion still won’t be strong, in fact if you’re struggling against legion then here is a tip don’t work together.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

Still Killer Mains complained about DS. Or Flashlights. Or anything else.

But then there should be no problem with Survivors not making it fun for the Killer, correct?

• GrootDude
    Options

@Aven_Fallen like I said it isn’t either sides job to care about others fun, but it is the devs job to care about balance which DS was not.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

Well, then they should care about Legion. And dont make him more unfun to verse. But well, maybe my game will crash from now on.

• GrootDude
    Options

@Aven_Fallen legion is still UP he may be unfun for some, but he isn’t even that good if survivor ms stay away from each other.(excluding hook saves)

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

I think the majority thinks he is unfun to verse. Not just "some". But this is only my assumption, I cannot prove it. And yes, I know that he is not that strong, but this has nothing to do with strength. I dont have a problem to lose vs a Omegablink Nurse (which is ridiculously strong) or anything else.

But I am playing the game to have fun(I have enough in my live which can stress me, so I do not need to have this in my freetime) and when I see that the Killer is Legion, I just want the game to be over. And I am trying as good as possible that the Killer also has fun when playing vs me and does not think that I am an ######### afterwards for using old DS, toxic behavior or whatever.

But well, maybe I am part of the minority with that.

• KreepyMF
    KreepyMF Member Posts: 28
    Options

I dont play games for anything other than fun - no one should be forced to participate in a match where only 1 person enjoys the game play. Playing against a tunnelling, camping legion is like playing call of duty but you have no gun - I don't understand the point?

• GrootDude
    Options

@Aven_Fallen speaking of fun have you ever went up against a body block hag? It was a pretty interesting game for me.

• GrootDude
    Options

@KreepyMF fun fact I use to go in online with a sword on cod black ops I think it was 3. But does the same apply if you’re a killer being gen rushed/pallet looped/DS strikes by all four?

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

@TreemanXD Yes, two times. First time I was new to the game and did not really understand what was going on. Second time I was surprised by the build (the Killer was also trying it the first time) but I found it interesting as well. I like that there are builds where you basically have to overthink the way you handle a Killer.

• KreepyMF
    KreepyMF Member Posts: 28
    Options

I play as killer and survivor and even when a solid team of survivors are pummeling me it's still enjoyable because I'm able to learn from where I made mistakes and to pick up tips from them as a survivor - the legion does not provide anything for me, as a gamer.. I do not believe there is any game play or skill

• GrootDude
    Options

@KreepyMF he does require some skill, but not much. I do have fun mostly except when the game is lagging to the point I can’t move. I like to think about where I messed up as killer and survivor.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Aside from a few specific legion mains that camp, I don't see why legion is an issue. Once you see the killer adjust your plans to counter them.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Lol at thinking BK is worth carrying unless you're going for a very specific healing build.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options

I think the problem becomes, "do survivors need information on the killer they face". To which everyone is going to say no, and I see why because otherwise that would lead to more lobby dodging.

It's getting to the point though where the killers are becoming so different that a loadout that is good for one might be bad for another, or you're best off with a specific loadout for a killer.

Legion injures a lot. As someone who runs self-care and botany it's not too bad for me. However with the Plague those two perks are a waste. Likewise an exhaustion perk and DS might work against some killers, but you'd want stealth perks against a nurse etc

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616
    Options

If they make Thanatophobia not work with Mend Self, then they should nerf Mend Self to require a 120 second channeling duration.

We need to stop generators being completed within 10 minutes.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

I think instead of being annoyed at buffs to thana etc - maybe we need to look at dead perks like Botany Knowledge, make them more relevant - I mean what if BK reduces mend status effects by like 50% - that could be good no?

• GrootDude
    Options

@TeambossFloze I like BK, but this change wouldn’t bother me.

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236
    Options

Dudeee ... Seriously Thantophobia Buff is much Needed and Legion without his Ultra rare add ons is below average to Weak killer tier ... and I think this hype About legion is a Hoax to make more noobs play it 😂 Cause Honestly Most legions I faced Suck Really bad even among Top Ranks .. unless you Camp / Tunnel .

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

So the Thanatophobia buff makes the max possible 24% right?

And the Obsession can change if you get DS'd.

Man, Dying Light is getting slashed...

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422
    Options

Legion is a brain dead god damn killer and with this buff I don't see how anyone could have fun besides the Legion player

• GrootDude
    Options

@Lanis_ these perks also need buffs, what does that change about my point?

• Samwise
    Samwise Member Posts: 36
    Options
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

Legion with Thanatofobia + sloppy butcher + nurse's calling + NOED

so yummy

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

cuz is the top trollish most annoying perk, matching with how annoying is the Legion

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Noed makes sense. If you're forcing the survivors to heal a lot, they're not gonna have time to cleanse totems (or they will and it'll give you more time to kill them before the gates open)