Thanks for not overcharging on the DLC price

Title

I and may others voiced complaints about the price jacking that happened from the Nicholas Cage DLC and Alien DLC on steam. For those who didn't know or weren't around - our complaint stemmed from the fact BHVR made the decision to bundle in cosmetics in the steam version as a justification for increasing the price; this forced you to have to buy auric cells if you didn't want to be overcharged for content you might not even want. You still paid more either way

Now, I'm not naive enough to believe that it's not going to happen again but since I complained heavily about it - I wanted to voice my appreciation.

So yeah, thanks.

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,436

Yeah I'm glad they changed it back though I wish the bundle pack was still an option. For me it worked out cheaper to buy the DLC + cosmetic as a bundle than to buy them separately.

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 416

True.

Seeing that Chucky costs about £4 in game and the DLC that only gives an extra charm also costs £4 is a really nice move.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Do you remember some people were trying shut us when we complained about it?

It's nice to see BHVR is listening people. And thanks them indeed.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited November 2023

Chucky is honestly so insanely high value for what you get even if it's just a killer.

• Fun killer
    • Decent perks
    • Great chase music
    • VA's voice acting Chucky & Tiffany
    • The high amount of events that trigger voice lines
    • Charles Lee Ray's model on its own for some animations

Probably one of the better DLC's to release in a long long time. Chase music sounds amazing on top of everything else. I'm genuinely surprised it's just five dollars.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind the bundle but I get for some not wanting to spend extra and be forced to buy a cosmetic - I wouldn't mind the option in the future though just let everyone have a choice.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Yeah. It was stupid Alien DLC (2 characters, 1 outfit) price was same as Tools of Torment DLC (3 characters).

DLC price shouldn't be expensive because of including unnecessary stuff.

• LuzielErebus
    LuzielErebus Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2023

With the launch of Silent Hill Ascension, whose gameplay and micropayments have been designed by Behavior, there is a global controversy about whether it is one of the Worst games in history. They say how was it possible for someone to design something like that XD

Imagine them saying that about your company.

I guess they will take better care of Dead by daylight players for a while XD

It is not generosity.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

Are we congratulating BHVR for not gouging it's customers?

I'm impressed when developers are pro consumer. I'm not impressed when developers are only pro consumer due to receiving negative feedback for their previous gouging attempts. Demonstrating respect for your customers should be the standard.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

More so showing appreciation that a practice I complained about was changed

But like I said I'm not holding my breath, It's just as likely they'll do it again with the next original release