Anyone else having issues taking Chucky seriously?

Options

By this I mean I have been laughing until my sides hurt every match I’ve played against him

Like I’m sure he’s scary to people with a fear of dolls, but I just cannot take him seriously at all, watching him run with his little stubby legs and swearing more often then the average British pub-goer just cracks me up

Comments

• WorthlessBeing
    WorthlessBeing Member Posts: 377
    Options

Chucky especially was always a goofball imo. I always introduce him to people by saying "He's basically an ######### stuck inside a doll and it's hilarious"

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,774
    edited November 2023
    Options

I mean if you watch his movies the first one is probably the only one where he's legit creepy. The rest of them play like comedies. Especially when they brought Tiffany in.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

Admittedly, he's as far from scary as I could imagine and more comedy than anything else.

Likewise, I find him funny and Tiffany is hilarious because when she charges and goes "Hiiiiiiii-ya!" it reminds me of Miss Piggy from the Muppets and now I want a Miss Piggy Legendary skin.

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 337
    Options

Stealth killers are the only creepy vibes that most fit the DBD atmosphere. Especially, Myers, but then again he was the first Licensed Killer so ofc he'll never get old on the creepometer.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,207
    Options

Chucky has been more comedy-horror than straight horror for a long time now. He's ironically more human than a lot of other slashers, in spite of being a doll; he's not an invincible wall of fear, he's just a really awful person who likes hurting other people for fun, and only really keeps coming back because of luck.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I mean, any killer that calls me a pisshead is one I'm gonna have trouble taking seriously. I still love the little ######### though.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,061
    Options

It certainly makes tunnelling / camping more "acceptable" if the little guy does it. For now... at least.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

meh, he’ll always just be Chuckles, to me

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,763
    edited November 2023
    Options

I think thats always been the gimmick of chucky if you ask me

vulgar serial killer in a doll