Is anybody elses survivor games just a pain right now? (solo queue)

Options
BooperDooper
BooperDooper Member Posts: 266
edited November 2023 in General Discussions

It's just so hard to make any significant progress as survivor in most games, leaving me feeling defeated and with barely any points.

Survivors are dcing or unaliving on hook towards the beginning of the match. Killers are tunneling at 5 - 4 gens. Constant sweaty chucky games. Survivor is just feeling extremely stale right now, the only reason I've been playing is to get iri 1 survivor (I already got it with killer) but I'm giving up, imma just settle with iri 3 (I was stuck on iri 4 for sooo long).

Killer is just much more fun right now, chucky is very fun to play (not so much to vs) and I enjoy throwing hatchets as Huntress (My killer main)

I want to enjoy survivor but I just haven't since coming back after a 5 month break. Might have to be a killer main now 😱 Even though I'd like to play both.

Comments

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 328
    Options

I mean that does just seem like the solo q exp as a survivor. A ton of survivors don't like certain killers, or perks, or the way a killer is playing. Few of my friends do that, and I loathe it to the point where I just go play another game or go play Killer since everything has to go the right way or it's wrong and thus a DC is warranted. The best thing to do is do what you can, have fun doing it, you can't control others, but you can control how you react and how you continue playing. Best of luck.

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 618
    Options

Well, I think the Solo Q situation became much better for me (I escaped 5 times in a row by exit gate as Solo Q), but this might be due to mmr or server difference. Hope you to have some good teammates.

• BooperDooper
    Options

Thanks I hope so too. I do tend to play towards night time, idk if the survivors and killers are just a different breed at night but yeah.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,240
    Options

I don't feel much of a difference. A lot of Chuckys but otherwise it seems pretty normal to me.

• BooperDooper
    Options

Yeah... introducing something as simple as showing how each survivor is participating in the match in the survivor hud took years before it was implemented (Being still a relatively recentish thing). And in dbd mobile you can see each others perks... but not the main game? And no mentions of it even being on the radar? Sigh. Wish they would focus on solo queue and be transparent about progress with it.

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 485
    Options

For me since Chucky came out its been a bit better. But up until then they have been horrific. Tunnelling this early in the game is terrible for survivors. I had been maining killer for the last month to try preserve myself until Chucky came out. Thankfully it has gotten better and I hope it does for you too.

On a side note does anyone know if DS is getting a buff or a rework next year?

• SayNoToHaddonfield
    SayNoToHaddonfield Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 25
    Options

It feels like MMR make a huge flop last pach. In solo Q I get at lest 2 players doing nothing siting in the corner and waiting for gens to be done. In other hand In Killer Q while playing as most played killers by me I get newbies without most of the perks just using basic ones but when I take something I don't play ofter 4 man swf all p100 is waiting there for me. It seems like something is not working right now.

• BooperDooper
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hopefully it will improve.

As for DS, I don't think it's confirmed of what they're doing with the perk but they are doing something with it within the next 6 months as they mentioned it in the live stream, but whether they're buffing it or completely changing it I have no idea. I feel like it's more likely just a small buff to a 5 second stun (as thats been requested a lot) but who knows.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,671
    Options

Yeah, there's definitely something in the water today. It's literally every killer just tunnel at 5 generators and I'm sometimes getting like 5,000 BP

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 485
    Options

Yes I saw Ds was getting a change of some sorts but wasn't sure of the scale. Hope it's 5 second stun though.

• Foempticol
    Foempticol Member Posts: 232
    Options

A simple 5 second buff like it originally was shouldn't take 6 months lmao

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I haven't played today, but I'd say the last week or so has been interesting. Sometimes I get great teammates, but I've also seen one or two Blendys with self care in a corner -- I had not seen that in a while. Maybe it's just MMR balancing out? One can hope.

• dknb
    dknb Member Posts: 126
    Options

I agree.

I think it to be remade into something different than before.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

yeah, nah. surv is pretty horrible atm. glad the last page in tome has released so I just stick with doing the challenge and not giving a darn about the rest of the match.

almost done with the tome tho, so will probs take a week or soo off until killer qs calm down again and I can do my killer challenges in peace

• Hensen2100
    Hensen2100 Member Posts: 339
    Options

The matchmaking is just terrible. It always has been, but ever since MMR the games have been totally whack. At least old red ranks you could count on your teammates being sweatlords

Right now it's like you will get literal baby urban evading mikela's immersing behind bushes and such when someone else is being chased (indicator on hud and everything) entirely across the map. Then your killer is a cracked cross-mapping huntress with thousands of hours and full meta build

Literal pain, you can't ever win in that sort of matchup even if you are good enough to run the killer for a decent amount because nobody is doing gens and also teammates are going down in 5 seconds if the killer even looks in their general direction

Then you swap over to killer and the first lobby is a P100 SWF. DBD is trash like that sometimes

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 142
    Options

The last week has been dreadful. I have noticed that. Teammates not doing anything or just straight tunneling at 5 gens. I have never used an offering other than for points but started to use the shrouds to start away from the killer. Each day I play less and less. It is super boring and repetitive. The chucky players are just terrible too. It's so bad my daughter stopped playing two months ago altogether.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,628
    Options

Mine have been okay. From an escape pov, it's dismal and has been for awhile. The letting go on hook is rare in my games despite others apparently seeing it all the time, but tunnelling is also rare in my games so that's probably why. I think the two are often linked. Haven't had a single tunnelling Chucky but have had a few camping with his undetectable, that's about it.

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 105
    Options

Killer games have been a pain lately. I love seeng 3 BNPs every other game along with nonsense

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,628
    edited December 2023
    Options

To be fair, team mates have always done nothing. The HUD update made it so we can actually see they're doing nothing instead of just suspecting that's the case.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

A friend of mine started playing for the first time about a week ago. I was not anticipating it going well but it's been really good. Other survivors have been helping protect the bubz and the killers have been very kind towards him. With the exception of Wraiths players. Every single one them has been awful. I died saving him from the last Wraith, only for the Wraith to just bleed him out on the floor. I had to explain to him that he just had to lie there and wait.

Unfortunately he bought Chucky and now I think he prefers playing killer. Two years have passed and I still can't get a SWF going lmao

• BooperDooper
    Options

True, but it isn't unlike bhvr to take a while to implement something simple tbh.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

SoloQ has been pretty much unplayable for a couple of months for me. Constant P100 Nurses and Blights who didn't just sink a lot of BP into their characters, but also a lot of time since they are really good at playing.

Teammates not running a full anti-tunnel build to carve out a couple of extra seconds.

Giving up against very weak killers (don't get me wrong, I'm not outright happy to see a Legion or a Singularity, but this Kate gave up on hook after she ran a Larry for three gens and the last two gens were started as well, like what the hell?).

SoloQ is just not worth it right now. The game might be the most balanced it has ever been, but it is also the most stale and boring experience.

• WorthlessBeing
    WorthlessBeing Member Posts: 375
    Options

Nope, my games are fine. Literally nothing new.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

right now friends til the end has made me not enjoy the game at all. Oh someone else got hooked and now my aura has been shown and Im exposed? how the hell is that perk allowed to exist? Why bring BBQ at all anymore just bring FttE.