So uhm.. does anyone ever use overwhelming presence?

Options

whats the point of this perk when you have franklin's demise or lightborn?

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

It needs a rework, definitely. It would also be good if the "inefficient" aspect of it becomes a status effect. Currently, the perk is far too situational and offers little in return for it.

Personally, it should be reworked so that anybody who is using an item whilst within the Terror Radius will scream, disrupting any actions, and then for the next 60 seconds that Survivor becomes Inefficient and any time they use an item during this period depletes the charges 80/90/100% faster.

It'll introduce a new Status, be more effective when within the radius, yet still not be rodiculously overpowered.

• plattenpanzer
    plattenpanzer Member Posts: 47
    edited December 2023
    Options

The difference between these perks are the following

Overwhelming Presence

• All items are only affected when they're using their item inside the Killer's Terror Radius. That means Survivors can counter this perk already by not using their item.

Note: This perk works well with Distressing. Killers that can use these perks at a better extend are Wesker and Doctor with purple and yellow Calm Add-Ons.

My suggested changes:

1. Make items inside the Killer's Terror Radius deplete exponentially until it hits a certain threshold. Let's say, only depletes the item until the item reaches 30/40/50% of its charges. Survivors that use their item inside the Killer's Terror Radius depletes their item by 100%. The item's Add-Ons are less effective.
    2. Survivors inside the Killer's Terror Radius takes time to use their item. Let's say someone is using a flashlight to blind you. It takes time to turn on their flashlight, so they have to change their timing before they can blind you.
    3. @Marc_go_solo suggestion.

Lightborn

• Only counters Blind effects. Flashlight, Flashbang, Firecrackers and Blast Mine.
    • Gives you the survivor's aura who blinded you.

Note: Distortion screws up Lightborn. Can't be paired with Chucky's perk Hex: Two Can Play.

Franklin's Demise

• You have to basic attack survivors to drop their items.
    • Survivors don't have their item with them anymore unless they have to pick them up which also wastes time.
    • The item they dropped are fully depleted within 90 seconds.
    • You can see the item that's dropped.

Note: This perk is best combined with Hoarder. It gives you a notification when they pick up their dropped item.

Franklin's Demise, is still, in my opinion, the best perk.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,420
    Options

it should be 50% and be a permanent debuff.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,094
    Options

It has an effect before you can even hit or start interacting with a survivor. Honestly in theory that's a decent advantage, but in practice the effect is weak enough where it's not worth running. They could definitely hit it with a strong buff

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

This perk is another victim of the power creep, in fact it wasn't too good at first.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

I used to use it a lot in a certain Doctor build, called " the really big terror radius doctor". The build was as follows, both of the calm add-ons, jolt, overwhelming presence, distressing, and any random perk you see fit. I stopped using the build and replaced it with another once I realized overwhelming presence was hot garbage.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

It has been made obsolete like numerous other perks that they do not update for some reason or another.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,206
    Options

What a great idea for perk rework, dude. I swear I would take this perk into every match with 4 items.

Also imagine surv try to blind me and just scream instead KEKW

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 391
    Options

Does anyone use Franklin's or Lightborn?

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,506
    Options

Memes.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,207
    Options

I suggested in another thread that it be reworked so that survivors' held item is drained of a small amount of charges every time they do a rushed action within the killer's terror radius.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

I like the idea, but the terror radius thing holds it back.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

There was a build which used that perk.

It only worked with Old Doctor, and essentially you would have a gigantic Terror Radius while in Treatment Mode. Overwhelming Presence was useful for getting rid of toolboxes and flashlights.

• moulesfrites
    moulesfrites Member Posts: 84
    Options

How big was his terror radius back then compared to now?

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
    Options

Seems like a good contender for a global Hex IMO.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

32 metres at base, same as the one we currently have.

However, his static field affected the entire radius, and there were add-ons to increase it:

So your TR got massive.

It was pretty cool.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

I never even thought of the blinding bit! That would be a beautiful alternative to Lightborn.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    edited December 2023
    Options

It's one of the main issues with the game's balance.

We have a better versions of the perks at doing their job. (Not only perks, but killers as well.)

As you said: "Why using this, if you can use that basically for the same outcome?" - This is EXACTLY what creates a meta in this game.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,789
    Options

IIRC it was popular for a time with Wesker but then the gen kick meta rolled in and I havent really seen it since