Banners ‘n Badges YOU would like to see!

Options

So,

The player card customisation…menu is here! Suffice it to say, the release was a tad underwhelming, with 1 option for each, not even available if you don’t care for Chucky’s cosmetics.

BUT!

This could be the start of something rather neat! I believe it was stated somewhere that all characters will have banners and badges at some point (couldn’t seem to find the source for this one). Although it remains to be seen whether they can fulfill this promise, it is a nice start.

However, this is obviously not the only stuff they can do with this new system. DbD has a lot more to offer than just its characters. Such as crows. It’s no secret that I would love to see crow-themed options, maybe even some options based on our lord and saviour Rainbow Bird.

But what about you? Given that we are already getting options based on all characters, the sky’s the limit. Have you always wanted an art-deco knife collection? Maurice running off into the fog with The Red Crane? An army of feral hounds?Literally Just A Frog?

Very curious to see what the forums’ aesthetic choices would be.

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,387
    Options

Anime style all-kill banner. They could just take something from the chapter or tome trailer.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

Rainbow Birb and all their friends obviously.

other than that… I kinda don’t care that much? Like… of course all playable characters, and most iconic …icons…(?) from DbD - Iri Shard, Auric cell, skull from the logo, campfire (which is already confirmed)

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 337
    Options

Wesker badge and banner is all I need.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,248
    edited December 2023
    Options

For starters - there should be a bunch of free banners for basic achievements and prestiging.

Outside of that just events and DLC - Ideally no "legacy you were this level before this date" crap. Would prefer BHVR just move forward with a new system instead of constantly feeling they need to cater to people who want special treatment outside the rest of the playerbase.

I'd love to see banners that represent map realms - I want everyone to know what my favorite maps are.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I want to see for my fav characters: Kate, Mikaela, Jill, Nemesis, Wesker and Chucky. I already have last one.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,094
    Options

I would love to see badges that work kind of like Relics in Dota 2 where it keeps track of how many times you do specific things. For example, a Ghost Face badge that you only get after 100 marked downs, that on hover shows exactly how many marked downs you have gotten, and visually upgrades at certain milestones.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,248
    Options

Actually stat tracking would be pretty awesome for a banner in some capacity.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

Having a banner for every character in the game be a neat start. A basic character banner for getting prestige 10 and a really flashy version at prestige 100. They cities easily be mass produced like charms just have a banner of everything.

• PreorderBonus
    PreorderBonus Member Posts: 166
    edited December 2023
    Options
    • Default banner and pic for every single character
    • Hooked On You style
    • P25, P50, P75 and P100.
    • Adepts
    • Prestige pre-BW changes
    • Old Legacy
    • Difficult achievements unlock some banners (for example, hitting long shots w/ Huntress, chained blinks w/ Nurse, etc.)
    • Movie screengrabs for licensed characters.
    • Meme banners (Maurice, Boop, etc.)
    • Finishing a tome
    • 100%'ing a tome

And many more I can't think of right now. Also, it'd be really cool if some were animated, honestly, like map realm banners with moving clouds for starters.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

A naughty bear and chatterer banner/badge are at the top of my list.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options
  • D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 742
    Options

Puppers please

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,094
    edited December 2023
    Options

Great minds think alike, hey Boss Man.

They just need to keep it so tightly guarded against these leakers and gaming media outlets, and just keep it so on the DL that when it does come out it is a huge announcement that no one in the community is expecting.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

Banners for getting a killer or survivor's adept achievement would be pretty cool I think.

Banners for the various maps would be cool too, possibly as a reward for escaping from that map and/or getting merciless killer on that map a certain number of times.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,334
    Options

I want unique icons for all killers and survivors that show how much you have played them. Something like 10k hatchets hit as Huntress or 10k chainsaw hits as the Hillbilly. The game already tracks these stats anyway so making some special badges for certain milestones on all killers and survivors shouldn't be too much work. It would be enough to have the character's face with different backgrounds and a small explanation of what the badge means when you hover the curser over it.

I would also appreciate, if the page that opens up when you click on the badge had some more customisation options. Like maybe showing off your highest prestige characters and whatnot.

• Jaysax
    Jaysax Member Posts: 6
    Options

I'd like a banner & badge for completing every currently available tome, and one for completing each tome aswell.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 693
    edited February 22
    Options

Maybe some ones for my mains (Meg and Legion)?

But in all honestly, I don't care too much for them. I'm a little bit sad that they seem to be replacing a lot of charms in the game. And not just the filler charms either, but the ones you get for completing tome levels as well.

One of the main reasons for going back and completing old tomes is to collect all the charms. I honestly wouldn't bother with the current tome if there weren't rift fragments to collect.