What Perks are Hated Now?

Options

What perks do you personally have a gripe with? They don’t have to be “OP”, just something you hate facing. Personally I think Deadlock and NOED to be the worst. Truly braindead perks with insane value. Even after the nerf NOED still turns 1k games into easy wins. UW is also annoying but it’s still pretty manageable.

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,385
    Options

Adrenaline.

NOED too, but not as much as I used to.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 793
    Options

Buckle Up + FTP is the only thing that makes me go out of my way to kill the person that's running it.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 606
    Options

I honestly don't like Pain Res. Adding an entire extra generator to a match is a lot to have just for doing your required role job of hooking survivors. You can argue that scourge hook placement can mess it up, but more often than not every single game is a bare minimum of having to complete 6 gens. Most times it's paired with Pop, or Jolt or whatever regression perks are thrown on top and you end up doing one gen a grand total of 3 times.

Deliverance gets under my skin as killer often. Normally I try to disperse hooks pretty evenly, and I like winning the game at a gen left or with the gates powered. A sort of final "you almost got out" kind of climax, and there's so many times I'll have 2 people with 1 gen left, I finally find the person who has been elusive for most the match and stick them on a hook. Head towards the other person and the last yeets themselves off the hook and my little bit of pressure vanishes. I don't run slowdowns so I rely on hooks for pressure and keeping people off gens and that can nullify it entirely.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,780
    Options

These ones i don't like going against myself

Background player- You can't pressure someone who sitting 18 meters out of range waiting for u to pick up. Blight serum level speed all over the damn place

noed- no need to explain this perk! it always feel like bs when u hit by it. Especially when the killer have been performing extremely bad throughout the match.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,545
    Options

Still Object. Hate Object. Doesn't matter if its irrational, still the only thing we genuinely hate in the game.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,255
    Options

I would say the only objectively problematic perks atm are ftp+buckle up. Then there's the really cringe perks to play against like distortion, lucky break, etc

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,225
    Options

Distortion and calm spirit

Just kinda boring perks that counter other perks, I find it gives my teammates a bad playstyle and usually someone gets tunneled out or killed early if the killer is playing nice because its effectively a 3v1 instead of a 4v1 because they don't take pressure off the team by being targeted at all and have the same experience on the other end a majority of the time where they don't really show up till the end of the match

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    edited December 2023
    Options

Boil Over

I hate that perk with all the heart and soul in my body, on controller it's so annoying to move when carrying survivors. It doesn't matter very much when carrying them through open spaces, but when you're trying to navigate an indoor map or go through a doorway it's super annoying. I don't mind it when people go in high places to deliberately make it to where you can't hook them, just slug them. Easy Peasy.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,789
    Options

Probably Coulrophobia, with the faster skill check rotation. It always catches me off guard.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,331
    Options

Survivor perks:

Boil Over. I just have the worst luck with it. It's not overpowered but damn I hate it when I can't get through doorways and have to drop survivors.

Background Player. Had a match against a full SWF, that only tried to make me miserable. They would always go down under pallets, had Buckle Up + FtP in case I would try to slug and pallet saved every single time I tried to pick up. The match took forever, I lost interest in it after the first couple pallet saves and FtP + Buckle Up plays and the fact that they sent me to The Game, so they wouldn't run out of pallets only made it worse.

Blast Mine. I don't kick gens very often but when I do... It's always a Blast Mine.

WoO. It changes the play style of whoever uses it and it's always boring as hell to chase after these people.

Killer perks:

Noed. It always hits me first.

Deadlock. I hate that it activates even when the killer is afk and cannot really be avoided. That gen that you have spent the last 70 seconds repairing will be blocked.

• Hensen2100
    Hensen2100 Member Posts: 339
    Options

Aura reading perks are out of control so I don't see why you would hate someone for running distortion. I kinda like, you know, using positioning and making smart decisions and taking chases when I'm in favorable positions rather than having a Nurse teleport on top of my head through a wall for free

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Self Care, haven't seen it since the game keeps slapping me with 3k+ players

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 166
    Options

Distortion.

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 353
    Options

Self Care,

When Sloopy Butcher become meta perk for killer but those survivor still using Self Care really ridiculous.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,789
    Options

It was funny, I played a game the other day against a killer who had an aura build and I was the only one without Distortion lol I was the only one to escape though, only because the killer ignored me after 2 hooking me. He managed to find the other 3 just fine the old fashion way. I didn't realize any of this until I saw the postgame screen so it was nice that he let me go despite me being the only one on his radar lol but yeah, Distortion is the best counter to a multitude of killer aura perks so I think it's a necessary perk to have available.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 323
    Options

Have hated Deadlock pretty much since it released. Blocking up to 2 minutes of generator time for doing absolutely nothing is ridiculous.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,225
    edited December 2023
    Options

you didn't even bother to read what I said so heres a second take on why distortion and calm spirit create a worse gameplay loop

Distortion and calm spirit counter info perks, killers really only have 3 categories of perks, slowdown, chase, and info. If the info perks aren't working as well then theres less point in using them and most killers can't or just don't use chase perks well because of their powers might as well just slap on my slowdown perks. Higher calm spirit distortion usage = More slowdown perks because info is no longer reliable. Fun times