Bodyblocking With BT... Is It Tunneling?

Options

Let me explain the situation.

Nick Cage gets unhooked, I was kicking a Generator close by (they unhooked really quick, I hardly had time to leave) and I see the Kate that unhooked them.

I try to go for the Kate but the Nick Cage is actively blocking my path, so I hit them and carry on as normal, Nick Cage still is blocking the way to try and use Decisive Strike, so I down them and carry on.

Post-game, they all start complaining that I was tunneling and start shaming me for it even though they were actively getting in my way the entire time.

I personally go out of my way to go for the person who unhooks every single time, but if you get in my way, Im obviously going to hit and/or down you since you are actively throwing yourself in front of me.

If they ran away, they wouldnt have any problems, they wouldnt be hit or even chased.

So Idk, is it a skill issue on my part, or was I really tunneling them?

Comments

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,545
    Options

If the prey is dumb enough to purposefully, not accidentally or coincidentally but 100 percent full intentionally, get in the hunter's way, thats on them and anything else is excuses.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,948
    edited December 2023
    Options

They were a SWF, their Steam account had one another added and many comments from one another on each other's profile.

Not like it matters anyways, SWF or not, I still got mobbed for just playing the game.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,072
    Options

Nah, I punish it every time. It's a massive mistake to body block with BT in most cases.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Yikes... Well, you'll always find people like that I guess. Best not to dwell on it sometimes.

• Wowie
    Wowie Member Posts: 561
    edited December 2023
    Options

People are goobers.

Just the other day I had a 4man stream group accuse me of wallhacking as Billy. It's amazing what a herd can convince themselves of when their egos are big.

Anyways, it isn't tunneling if a survivor throws themselves at you multiple times, and getting yelled at is fun anyway.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

If it is tunneling or not, who cares. You cannot win against SWF when it comes to perception. They are on comms with their friends and you are a faceless character who they are teaming up against. You will be EZ baby killer with a tbag party or tunneling camping slugging trash killer.

So if someone wants to use their protection hit which they likely know is to prevent tunneling, it’s fair game.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    Options

Absolutely not. If the unhooked survivor uses their endurance (meant for them to get away) to obstruct the killer from going after the unhooker (you know, trying not to tunnel), they have ZERO basis to claim tunneling. None.

I always go after the unhooker as standard practice, but also as a practice, if a surv uses their post unhook protection to block me from trying not to tunnel (and it has to clearly be bodyblocking), I am going to remove them from the game, and I have no second thoughts about it.

I'm trying to go after someone else, so gtfo. If you refuse to run and in effect demand the killer's attention, don't act wronged when you get all of it.

Players who cry about being tunneled after doing this can mald into the void, because they're in the wrong.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

If their entire build revolves around bodyblocking with off the hook perks and are actively trying to do it, then no you did nothing wrong and it's on them.

I had it happen when I was doing a personal M1 Knight challenge with the random perk rift challenge active. Thankfully they didn't yell 'tunneler' but it doesn't change the fact they made builds around it.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    edited December 2023
    Options

Nah that's not tunneling at all, they're just being salty because they lost. If you actively throw yourself at the killer the entire game, don't be surprised when they chase you. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. As some youtuber I forgot the name of said "If you can't take the chase, don't take the hit." I think I may have gotten the quote wrong, but you get the point.

Post edited by Wexton on
  • I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,138
    edited December 2023
    Options

No. I will happily tunnel people who bodyblock me when I play killer. I think the term entitled survivor is overused but it does apply in this case.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,319
    Options

People who use basekit-BT to bodyblock for the unhooker cannot complain about tunneling. They do, but they're clowns for doing that.

Literally the entire point of basekit BT is to help fight against tunnelling by giving survivors a better chance at getting away from the killer so they can get healed and do gens. If you choose to use that to protect a (usually) healthy survivor, don't complain when the killer decides to just go after you, which is the smart play because now you don't have BT, can't use OTR or DH, and are injured, as oppossed to the (usually) healthy unhooker.

I understand why survivors do it, because many killers decide to play nice and STILL go after the unhooker even after eating the BT anyhow. I just don't understand why they would then complain about tunnelling when they WANTED the killer to hit them.

Also, this behaviour is the biggest reason why BHVR won't ever add anything else basekit to fight against tunnelling, players can't be trusted not to abuse it.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,504
    Options

As others pointed out, this is not tunneling. The survivor took the implemented mechanics to punish the killer and weaponized it. They wanted the attention and got what they looked for.

Just had a Mikaela bodyblock me with basekit bt and DS when I wanted to go for the unhooker as well. I waited out bt and downed her, then I picker her up and she missed ds. Then she dc'd.

This could all have been prevented if she just let me chase the other one.

• radiantHero23
    Options

Weaponizing anti-tunnel mechanics and perks is a very depressing thing to see for me personally. Something that should be healthy is used in a way that is extremely unhealthy.

Similar to Stbfl in camping situations.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,095
    Options

And this is a prime example for why people want taking a protection hit to be a conspicuous action to deactivate DS.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    Options

And that is why we can't have nice things.

It's why DS got kneecapped to begin with - some people just can't seem to help themselves.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,504
    Options

If someone decides they want to bodyblock with BT or any kind of Endurance, it might be a good play by them. But if they then get tunneled, they should not complain.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

As someone that's usually accused of thinking everything is tunneling, I feel like that is one of the most clear-cut cases of the survivor asking for it. The endurance is there to help against tunneling, if somebody deliberately wastes it, I don't see a reason why the killer shouldn't capitalize on it. The killer gave them a chance but they didn't take it, end of story.

• radiantHero23
    Options

People will always find ways to abuse mechanics to harm the overall gameplay experience. DBD saldy has many of these exploitable aspects.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,334
    Options

Tunneling is always a killer's choice. Bodyblocking with BT isn't. You basically have 2 people in front of you. One of which is already in range and also more vulnerable than the other and they also decide for you, who you will chase.

This isn't tunneling. It's chasing whoever is stupid enough to run into you.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,076
    Options

If you blocked me from chasing another person then I will tunnel you to death.

• UnusedAccount
    UnusedAccount Member Posts: 130
    Options

Its fine to try and take a hit when your teammate has to do a risky rescue and they'll get downed at the hooking process but do not believe you can bodyblock the Killer and act like they'll go for someone else.

BT was to protect from getting framed from your teammates, not tunneling in geneal.

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 399
    Options

It isn't tunneling at all if you weren't actively going for them- That's why if survivors want to body block off hook instead of running away then they need to take liability for their actions because they decided to do something stupid like that. It's the whole reason I won't hesitate to put someone back onto the hook if they decide to do that to me.