Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The only reason player cards were released in this state

Is so Bhvr could create FOMO around the fact that THE ONLY option available is if you not only buy the latest licensed chapter, but spend three to four times as much money and get an extra skin. There is absolutely no other reason to roll out a new feature in this embarrassing state.

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Oh god, what if the only badges and banners they release are tied to purchasing cosmetics??

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,582

It's a huge letdown of a feature. Maybe it'll get better eventually but I'm not holding my breath. Would it really have been too difficult to cook up a handful of really simple options for everyone to start with?

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited December 2023

I don’t get the issue here. It’s not something that affects the game in any way. You can purchase the dlc to get the banner and badge or don’t. Its really that simple.

Post edited by IronKnight55 on
  • Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 422

You're really buying skins just to have a portrait?

It's a feature going forward, and I'm sure there will be lots of portraits and banners to earn in the future. Behaviour is one of the best in the business when it comes to giving things out for free.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

Would have been nice if they had the DLC + cosmetic bundle as an *option* in store. Guessing the banner and card would have come with the bundle in that case.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,944

I did. I didn't even know that the cosmetic was linked to the badge and banner.

I liked the back from the dead chucky.

That doesn't make the situation much better though. There should be some base options, some options that can be unlocked via gameplay and maybe even a banner/badge shop section.

Having a feature release with only two options each and locking them behind a paywall makes most people not care about it at all.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,173

This was such a weird thing for them to do. Normally, when any new feature or collectable is created, there are at least some basic ideas. Even if they had just the original 4 Survivors and 3 Killers for a start, at least there was a start.

The fact they put out this feature with no options other than the Chucky card and banner is exceptionally poor planning. I barely see any of the cards or banners, if at all! I am almost certain if a few more were added then nearly everyone would have them. This was just bad.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Oh right they did say that at one point?! WTH

I mean.. maybe they kinda meant the free ones for the event (are they part of the advent calendar or winter tome? Idk..)

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,966
    edited December 2023

Yikes, I hadn't thought of that...

Jeez, I sure don't want to miss out on that Chucky banner.... better pull out my wallet and fork out £10 for it.

It's not like I can possibly wait for more banners to be released for free, or actually assess whether or not I think £10 is worth it for a banner...

This is totally BHVR exploiting my poor magpie brain, that can't possibly resist a new shiny thing... couldn't possibly be them offering me a nice little bonus for funding their game by making a conscious decision to buy their new content.... no... I'm clearly not capable of assessing the value of that content on my own.

Shame on them.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,730

there should've been a few default ones or maybe prestige reward banners so everyone could enjoy the new feature. it's basically incomplete right now.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,536

I still don't understand why, out of everything to add, they've chosen calling cards from COD.

Why? Why would you do that?

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I played last night for the first time in 4 weeks and I went straight to the playercard feature. What an absolute wind up that is 😅

Why aren't there cards for;

* Number of kills/Hooks/Escapes with a certain character

* Number of times kill/ed by mories

* Prestige level

* Favourite maps/realms

Etc etc

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 618

Apparently people haven't looked at the login reward calendar for this month, which includes a banner and badge just for logging in. The badge comes tomorrow (12/8), and the banner comes on the 22nd, and both can be claimed anytime from those respective dates to the end of the rewards calendar.

Is that FOMO? Maybe, but at least they're free.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Even player cards don't look like interesting way to showcase self.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

just how business work make money tho I sure the dev not hurting.

• Xyphus
    Xyphus Member Posts: 139

That was meant sarcastic.. Didn't they say that this feature would be released in an early state without anything? Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I remember..

Still, I don't see a problem here.. Those skins would've been bought anyway and the rest of this feature will come. I just wish that people would stop complaining and be happy that after more than 7 years we still get more and more options in this game..

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,944

But thats the point. We dont have many options.

They should have started with more options, so that players can actually get excited for it. Right now there are 4 options. 3 of them are locked behind a paywall. Most people just dont care about this new feature, which is sad.