Are people giving up more?

I play a lot of Legion so i’m used to it but seriously it’s getting ridiculous. Had 5 different games last night where someone either DCed or killed themselves on hook over a minor inconvenience. I use Plot Twist mid-chase? Killer DCs. The killer is Wesker? Teammate kills themself on first hook. I bodyblock a pallet with Legion? Dwight kills himself. People giving up over literally anything on both roles. Is this something that you guys are noticing more of or did I just get unlucky matches?

Comments

• Magnathema
    Magnathema Member Posts: 27

I've been playing on and off since 2018 and yes, I think people give up more frequently now.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064

Skull Merchant always makes at least one survivor give up.

Some people get tired of tunnelling so they DC before the 3rd hook.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,786

I've had people give up against Hag after 1 hook even though a gen got done. I'm not shocked anymore.

SoloQ needs help bad, in a way that doesn't demolish weak M1 killers.

• Raimy
    Raimy Member Posts: 1

I don't see DCs very often in my killer match but last day was something.

First match (Doctor on Badham) : at one point, I saw a gen with someone ready to be complete, i manage to shock (got the 2 addon that change the shape of the shock) and down him before that, hook him, and when he saw I have Pop goes the weasel, he killed himself.

Second match (Huntress on Eyries) : I wanted to go on Midwich because I have the sneaky one-shot build but got another map offering well too bad we ball but, as soon I downed the Meg, she DC (and of course, she has the offering).

Third match (Nurse on Racoon) : Yeah I know i got a DC on Nurse very unusual but damn, it's the start of the match I saw 2 people on the middle gen (got a full-aura build), position myself, blink, got the grab and he DC, saw his teammate wit BBQ, blink and when I got before him, he DC (they were in a group of 2).

What sad about it is the fact that as soon as they DC or killed themselves, all the other team was ready to give up so I just played more nicely or farm/let them go (got a lot of Tome challenge so was nice).

So Yeah, in my experience there is some days when I got at least 1 DC for minor thing (I don't usually camp/tunnel) in each match and other where it's pretty standards games. But I agree with the fact that these days happened a lot more lately.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

It's hard to tell, but I haven't noticed a big enough change in numbers personally. SoloQ is hell, but that's just business as usual. My survivors give up when it's super lopsided, but not more often than average.

• AnxiousGummy
    AnxiousGummy Member Posts: 123

I am not a killer main, but when I do play killer I'll play Legion. I've always noticed that survivors either DC or give up when going against Legion, and I don't even play super sweaty or anything. I don't tunnel/camp/etc and survivors will still DC/give up. Unfortunately, I think there are just some killers that survivors hate going against and they'll just do what they can to get out of the match asap.

• CorvusCorax86
    edited December 2023

Interesting. Legion should not be an issue.

• dknb
    dknb Member Posts: 162

Same thing as speedrunners reloading when they make a mistake.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,241

People gave up more during the gen kick meta. I don't get anywhere near as many quitters as other people say they do. It's a problem but not as big as some people say it is. They just need to add a DC penalty for people who give up on the hook early in the game.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,786
    edited December 2023

The question is if basekit kindred is too much information, or if they nerf the radius and add it back as the rework to current kindred then it'd be useless for killers that camp like a cloaked Wraith or insidious user hiding outside the self-unhook spot.

Imo survivor side needs better information on killer powers they can access before starting a match or learn about easier than going through the store. Really even their Game Manual needs to be taken outside the 'Getting Started' option and expanded upon at this point and easily available with every aspect they can; items, buffs, ailments, killer powers, soft explanations on looping etc.

• pale_hispanic
    pale_hispanic Member Posts: 149

From what Ive heard lots of people see him as one of the most boring killers to play against.

• CorvusCorax86

A good match with Legion (where he doesn't tunnel / camp / slug) results in high BPs due to the many healing activities. Plus, after he hit you he leaves which means you get an escape score.

If the match is long even if you lose you can get a lot of BPs. This is why I like these matches. I rarely see him these days, though.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,189

I'd love base kit Kindred. I don't need the self unhook.

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 710

I mean recently I started insta-dcing against any legion I come across. People do it so much with SM so I figured might as well join the train lol.

Seriously Legion is the worst and most unfun killer in this game atm and I will stand on that, hes not even hard just unbelievably annoyingly unfun id rather be banned for hours than play a legion

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

That. I play mostly solo so one perk is almost always taken up by Kindred. I can't think of a notable match where self unhook did much, besides keeping the killer camping for too long -- but just enough so it's either a trade or you're dead.

But yeah a lot of my matches today people were killing themselves on hook when they were downed first or just in general. It's par for the course but it did seem like more than usual.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,189

Same here and yeah, I think people are doing it significantly more since Chucky. I don't think that it's because of him but rather his aura reading perk. I notice people start giving up in those matches.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,124
    edited December 2023

Mentality issue, if they give up or DC, they get no sympathy from me

I go up against anti heal Doctor on Midwitch and I don’t ragequit immediately.

How are people supposed to improve at playing Survivor if they give up when hearing a TR?