The Cattle Hammer. How do you feel about it?

Options

I guess Hillbilly mains are less common but this topic goes out to survivors too.

I'm a Billy main and I have an addiction to The Chainsaw. I ONLY use The Chainsaw and refuse to use Basic Attacks.

To the 3 other Hillbilly mains, I know every guide says to balance your saw usage but do you really use that advice? Do you use The Cattle Hammer?

To survivors, do you get upset when a Hillbilly uses Basic Attacks? Do you consider it unfair?

Comments

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    edited December 2023
    Options

To be completely honest I've stopped trying to go for curves with Billy, I just use him as an m1 killer that can break pallets fast and has mobility. Curving just doesn't feel fun for me anymore.

Anytime I try to curve the survivor just pre-drops and runs to the next loop, even if they do stay I can't get a curve because most tiles suck for Billy nowadays. It just feels like behaviour designs maps specifically to work against Billy, a lot of maps are a nightmare to play on him. He just feels really unrewarding to play, why would I want to invest time in Billy for a minimal reward when I can just invest the same amount of time in blight and get a gigantic reward?

Thus concludes my mini Billy rant, I still love him and he'll always be my favorite killer, but as of right now he feels really clunky, unfun, and unrewarding to play. So in short, I love the cattle hammer. M1 Billy baby let's go

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,334
    Options

I sometimes go for a M1 (mostly out of reaction, sometimes willing on windows). But for the most part I play with his chainsaw only. It's more fun for me that way. It's not always possible though. I used to play M2 only Hillbilly.

I have given up doing anything too crazy around the main tiles (jungle gyms, shack etc.) because it never works anyway and when it would work, then the survivor just goes one step to the side and teabags you for a bit before vaulting the next window or dropping a pallet. It feels awful and as if all of these cool plays are locked behind addons. It doesn't help, that his collisions are becoming more and more of a problem every other patch because BHVR keep messing around with these things.

Lately I have changed my play style a bit. Instead of committing to chases I switch targets a lot in the early game. When some pallets are out of the way, that forces survivors to play more greedy and allows me to use my power a bit more.

Still Billy has better in the past. It might just be me building up frustration but seeing how many maps there are that limit him in all aspects of his power doesn't feel great. Especially when pre dropping is a more common play style today than it was 1 1/2 years ago. So, I play more M1 killer than I used to and it hurts my soul because I don't play Billy to do that. I want to play around with his power but when that can't work I have no other choice.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

"M1lly" or any other term used to make fun of Billy players for M1ing is outdated in 2023, and I really think people should stop caring if a Killer uses their power or not.