I miss when survivors tried to loop me

Options
Wexton
Wexton Member Posts: 496
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

I have no idea what's been up with my games this past couple days, but I swear I've encountered at least 2 pre-droppers in every single one. And dude, it's just exhausting, I can't even get upset about it anymore. Most chases just boil down to "the survivor pre-drops, and runs to the next loop." Over and over again. Honestly, I don't understand how survivors who do this have fun. Because like, you're just going up to something and pressing a button, then running away. Over, and over again. Where's the fun in that? I get people have fun in their own ways, and I'm cool with that. That's none of my business, but I genuinely do not understand how anybody could find it fun.

It feels like the survivors who do this are rewarded for it, there seems to be a pallet around every single corner. Anyway, I just wanted to complain about this because games have just been frustrating recently. Play the way you want btw, I just think pre-dropping and holding W is the most boring thing on earth and extremely annoying to go against. Most of the time I win against the pre-droppers, since a lot of them don't know how to loop it's not hard to down them when a pallet isn't around. But even when I beat them I feel nothing. It's a totally different story against pre-droppers who actually know how to play tho.

To the Survivors who actually try to loop me, thank you. It's actually really fun to go against survivors who are good at looping, even when they win the game. I'm sick of the standard "pre-drop hold w to the main building" thing, it's really old at this point.

Comments

• Wexton
    edited December 2023
    Options

I play every killer kind of, though most of them as of late have been m1 killer's so I guess I'm kind of asking for it. As you've said, it's still a boring playstyle even when you're playing as a killer who can shred pallets like no tommorow. They drop the pallet, you shred it, hit them, rinse and repeat till they're dead. I'd rather encounter a looper and lose, then go against a pre-dropper and win. Maybe that's just me though.

Also, yeah dbd in general has been very stale on both sides recently. Hopefully they Christmas event will spice up the game play.

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 528
    edited December 2023
    Options

"m1 killer" doesn't really narrow it down. You can loop a Myers, Wraith or Pig normally, while it'll be painful to try against Knight or Skull Merchant. Yet these are all m1 killers. Hell, even just specifying the killer doesn't help necessairly, as you may or may not be able to loop a Dredge or a Clown, depending on how good is the player, how they play or what build they use.

But if you miss looping, the last two are great examples of killers who can counter holding W and force survivors into loops once mastered. You may want to focus on powers that discourage chaining tiles, while not make looping very hard.

• Wexton
    Options

Yeah I could be a bit more specific, so I will be. Most of the killers have been playing recently are as follows Trapper, Myers, Freddy, Sadako, Hag (is she technically an m1 killer?), Pig, and Wraith. I do want to get into Dredge more, since his remnant seems like a decent anti-loop power and teleworking to lockers is fun, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

• Wexton
    Options
  • Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    Options

Remember my thread about it, maybe 2 months ago? About: "Why survivors are allowed to pre-drop and instantly run to the next tile without any punishment?"

After MMR changes, it feels like survivors just gave up on looping, they don't even look behind them, because why even bother?

"Is this really how they play on high MMR just to win?"

Boring as hell, there is just 0 skill involved from both sides.

Well, whatever... When I see survivors play like that (it's called a sweaty tactic btw), I will play "sweaty" as well. And it's not going to be "pretty".=)

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

The big risk of pre-dropping is running out of pallets for all Survivors later in the game. With the speed of gens now, it’s not really an issue and they can be used with relative abandon.

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 528
    Options

Theses are all very loopable killers, and in my experience that's the strategy survivors tend to use against them. You may just be unlucky, but I wouldn't rule out your playstyle either.

You should be always aware of other tiles the survivors can chain to, and try to position yourself to prevent that.

More importantly, if you kick the pallet, a better survivor will always leave instantly. If you aren't playing around pre-dropped unsafe pallets, you should start doing it! Here's a great quick guide on how to make pallets your friends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXByOxQ5fls

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options

"you're just going up to something and pressing a button, then running away"

bro thats what gens are lol

• Grigerbest
    Options

*Politely ignoring the first 2 sentences.*

Did I say dropping pallets, or PRE-Dropping? Do you know the difference between looping the killer and pre-dropping + Shift+W to the next tile?

Or should I ask... Do you know what "Pre-dropping a pallet" even means?

• KidDope25
    KidDope25 Member Posts: 117
    Options

When you remove the ability to loop killers who’s powers negate looping you end up with holding W and pre drops and since killer is more fun since every survivor match my teammates suck, killer players have now successfully ruined me playing killer like they ruined me playing survivor. Killers ruined both roles and now I play other games as well and DBD a little less. Congrats killer mains

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

Certain killer designs force this playstyle sadly

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 692
    Options

With MfT nerfed, Killer bloodlust, so many haste perks and buffed Coup De Grace, can you blame Survivors for wanting to play it safe at loops?

Anytime I try to "loop" I end up dead near instantly (skill issue on my part obviously at play here).

If I do drop a pallet at a strong loop then I'll try to loop around it, but most Killers will just break it instantly (which is fine, because I do the same when playing Killer too).

I think nearly every Killer that I've faced in the last few days has had some kind of anti-loop power (Wesker, Huntress, Plague, Knight, Dredge, Spirit, Blight etc).

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Looping being replaced by pre-dropping and holding W is extremely sad to see, not to mention unbearably boring to experience.

This situation should be reverted ASAP.

• Grigerbest
    Options

The worst part is that they are doing so against whatever the killer they are facing. It doesn't matter if the killer have anti-loop or not.

They just refuse to loop. I'm not going to be surprised if Devs are actually gonna reduce the ammount of pallets on the maps to deal with that, if it will become a big problem. (It can tho, I personally don't enjoy such games at all, they are very boring)

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Exactly. I see people doing that every single time and I can't stand it. There is no fun if there aren't mindgames.

And the problem is that we already have fewer pallets than we used to. If we reduce the number even more, than what sill survivors do?

• scrunkly
    scrunkly Member Posts: 64
    Options

i blame the comp scene for leaking into casual play for this

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

There was a solid week where survivors were only pre dropping a few weeks into learning blight a couple years ago and I got so fed up with it that I was running C33/Green speed and Blood favor, undying, PR and ruin. Hasn't happened since either.