The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is there not an exhaustion mechanic for gen regression?

After my 4th match in a row with a killer having 4 gen regression perks which 2 of them used to max efficiency resulting in 4k with 1-0 gens done against soloQ. I just wonder, why there hasn’t been a mechanic to limit regression perks as there has rightly been done so on the survivor side with exhaustion/endurance stacking.

Answers

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,630
    edited December 2023

Well i mean there pretty much already is. You can't damage blocked gens and you can't damage a gen that is already regressing. So it's not as easy as just searching generator and picking the first 4 perks because chances are they are going to conflict with each other

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Tbh, there probably should be.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,770

There is the status effect 'Incapacitated' that I feel should have more applications.

Maybe a couple seconds active with Blood Echo or something, I don't know.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,233
    edited December 2023

I do think having to do 8 gens per match because of regression is starting to feel like a bit much. If you go up against something like a blight or nurse stacking regression then you basically have no chance unless the person playing killer is exceptionally bad. I'm not sure how to fix it without screwing over lower tier killers but it's definitely something they need to look at.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,410
    edited December 2023

Aa...

• You can't kick a gen if it's already regressing.
    • You can't kick a gen if it's blocked by the Entitiy.

That alone means that Pop and Deadlock can literally mess you up. Same goes for Dead man's switch with Pop, Pain res + Pop, Surge + Pop, etc...

You can say that killers do have an "exhaustion mechanic for gen regression".

And even without it, survivors who simply sits on gens will do them within 5-6 min.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

because it's not needed.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Because gens usually don´t run away.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,542

0-1 gens done? I hate to break it to you, but that is on you guys. The strongest regression perks only work, when the killer gets a down. If you go down so frequently, then you're doing something wrong. Mostly I lose 2-3 gens for my first down, so maybe instead of blaming everything on regression, you could focus a bit more on actually standing more than 20 seconds in chase.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

Well I can’t clone myself, unhook everyone and myself and do gens at the same time. Again… this is soloq and you get matched with whomever is on at the time

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,542

Still, don't blame it on the perks, then. If your team plays that terrible, then you cannot expect anything else. Whoever plays better and uses the better stuff wins. If you run full meta perks but play poorly, then naturally you will lose. Pretty badly.

This is not a problem with regression perks but a problem with matchmaking, which should never even be attempted to be fixed by perk rebalancing.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,117

The exhaust regression mechanic is something they're working on due to 30 minute 3 gen games showcase by certain players.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Gen regression is a necessary evil in the game

Base Gen regression is so low that Killer have to run a perk to help with that (COB, Overcharge)

Running other Gen regression perks so:

A. they don't have to spend time kicking Gens (Jolt)

B. take a big chunk of progress (Pop)

C. take a chunk of progress away from the Gen that has the most progress on it (Pain Resonance)